Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 bolt 914 rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
orange914
im in a search for some good looking 4 bolt rims that would look good on a ol' 914

lets see some rims youve seen an a 914 good( drooley.gif ), great, or horribly putrid( barf.gif )

dead horse.gif huh.gif
joel924
Click to view attachmentFour bolt Forgeline's on my car...
TINCAN914
Just got these yesterday. Revolutions. I love the way these look..
Sorry not a great picture....
STL914
I bought these this past summer for my flared 72. I have no idea who made them but they're 7" rims with a 2-1/2" back spacing.
GaroldShaffer
Keizer rims, not really good for street use, but perfect for AXing

Click to view attachment
My street rims are ture minilite rims

Click to view attachment
tdgray
Mine... Painted EMPI's

Color is close to Bullit Mustang wheels.

andys
Momo........

Andys
Scott-thundercat
IPB Image

these are mine- havent seen any pics of em anywhere yet- any idea what type?
TravisNeff
Those are Dan Gurney or Western wheels - both made the sam style wheel.
Gustl
Campagnolo (or a very similar name?) rims
Gustl
Cosmic rims
Gustl
ATS
Gustl
Hegglin
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Oct 24 2006, 01:48 PM) *

IPB Image

they are Westerns.....just like MINE chair.gif
Russ
The wheels are made by Real Racing Wheel and are 16x10.
boxstr
I have a set of ATS and a set of 7 inch steelies.
Elliot_Cannon
I really like my revolutions.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(STL914 @ Oct 24 2006, 06:02 AM) *

I bought these this past summer for my flared 72. I have no idea who made them but they're 7" rims with a 2-1/2" back spacing.

Early Revolutions. Very rare. How much do they weigh?

Rob
messix
does any one havve pict's of BRM on a car?
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 24 2006, 09:13 PM) *

Rob

I don't know about the early revolutions but I can tell you mine are heavy-ish. I wish I had weighed them before mounting tires but when I first lifted them out of the box they fealt... heavy-ish.
Elliot
JMPVW73
Wow, I like those Revolutions a lot. I like Milleniums also but don't know where to buy them because I've never seen prices listed, only pics.

I bought these MOMO's about a year ago. I've always liked the all silver ATS wheels and wish I had bought a set a few years ago when they were still availible new. I'll be looking to buy some in a month or two as I have decided I must have a set.

This link has the largest wheel guide I have found for 5x205, 4x130 and 5x130(?).
http://www.runtrod.com/gallery/main.php
LowGT
Set of Gotti 2 piece wheels... yes I know my car is incredibly filthy. finger.gif

TINCAN914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 24 2006, 11:39 PM) *

Rob

I don't know about the early revolutions but I can tell you mine are heavy-ish. I wish I had weighed them before mounting tires but when I first lifted them out of the box they fealt... heavy-ish.
Elliot

Heavyish? There you go getting technical on me... I liked Ettiots so much I got a set. With tires mounted, mine weigh about 42 lbs each. I have been told. 17" x 7"
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 25 2006, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 24 2006, 11:39 PM) *

Rob

Elliot

Elliots are the new Revolution wheels and they are quite heavy. I was asking the guy with the unmounted Samba pic of his early Revolution what it weighed. Supposed to be 14# or so... I have two sets with the Bumblebee Racer but they both have tires mounted so I have no clue.
Heavyish? There you go getting technical on me... I liked Ettiots so much I got a set. With tires mounted, mine weigh about 42 lbs each. I have been told. 17" x 7"
DerekKim
QUOTE(LowGT @ Oct 25 2006, 12:26 AM) *

Set of Gotti 2 piece wheels... yes I know my car is incredibly filthy. finger.gif

Ok I know this doesn't help you out but wow! I really like those wheels. NLA I'm assuming?
mrhurtalot
ill post up some pics of mine. when i get home!

they are centerline racing rims. i like them. but theyll be changed as soon as i can get the money!!
URY914
Fake Centerlines. They look like three piece but they are one piece.
LowGT
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Oct 25 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Ok I know this doesn't help you out but wow! I really like those wheels. NLA I'm assuming?

Yea, NLA. I bought them from carreraguy here on the nonclub. It seems like the only information he found was the PO bought them in the early-mid 80's. The only set I've seen are the pictures on his car, or the for sale pictures when he sold them. Even the huge 4lug wheel database referred to earlier has them on there, but they used a picture from his for sale ad. I can tell you this though, they were made for an early hub. I had to have the wheels machined to fit over the late hub, but it was worth it to have a wheel no one else had. smile.gif I'm weird like that.

I don't have any far away pictures on my car since it's had 2 engine swaps, a trans swap, and many other resto work going on since I bought them. But there are pictures from carreraguy HERE and below is a picture of them on his car. They are quite a bit lighter than they appear in the photo.

STL914
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 24 2006, 08:13 PM) *

Rob

Rob,

I'll have to weigh one to see what the weight is. They're sitting in my office at home, sans tires, waiting for the return of my car.
will
QUOTE(JMPVW73 @ Oct 25 2006, 12:15 AM) *

Wow, I like those Revolutions a lot. I like Milleniums also but don't know where to buy them because I've never seen prices listed, only pics.

I bought these MOMO's about a year ago. I've always liked the all silver ATS wheels and wish I had bought a set a few years ago when they were still availible new. I'll be looking to buy some in a month or two as I have decided I must have a set.

This link has the largest wheel guide I have found for 5x205, 4x130 and 5x130(?).
http://www.runtrod.com/gallery/main.php

Millenium wheels set of 5 plus 16 tuner bolts and center caps for $1030 from ssmotorsport. They told me millenium wheels weigh 17 lbs each. too heavy so I decided not to buy a set. Great price though.
ottox914
Some newer Keizers, 15 x 7, 5" backspace required some lip grinding on both sides and a slight fender pull on one. I like the opportunity to add some wider meat for auto cross w/out going to 5 lug, flairs, and so on. I like the lines of a narrow body car. More fender pulling or GT flairs would allow more width, and would be better for the class, but I'm building my car for me, not the rule books.
nick mironov
Superlight Wheels: See my post of the details.
Click to view attachment
mrhurtalot
IPB Image

real centerlines. smile.gif ill try to get somemore when i clean them up tonight.
orange914
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 24 2006, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Oct 24 2006, 01:48 PM) *

IPB Image

they are Westerns.....just like MINE chair.gif
Click to view attachment

Not JUST you guys but ME TOO!! dead horse.gif
Click to view attachment
(MOM DRIVING IT clap56.gif )
mrhurtalot
my mom will never drive my car. NEVER. after seeing what shes done with her 94 mazda millenia.... its not pretty.
Chris Pincetich
This is an American Racing "Le Mans" wheel being updated to cone seat to accept standard lugs. 911 center caps fit right in there. I've seen these for sale cheap and ugly, not too many are polished like mine beerchug.gif
JPB
From what I've heard, they aren't hub centrick either. sad.gif But yourn be sexy bro.
JPB
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:39 AM) *

Fake Centerlines. They look like three piece but they are one piece.

Love that freekin four wheel beast!! Max is cool also thumb3d.gif
maf914
Chris, Are those American Racing wheels 14" or 15" diameter? I seem to recall that a 14" wheel was sold back in the 70's.
Ray Warren
more ATS
anderssj
Ronal wheel on a friend's car . . .
anderssj
and AR LeMans on mine (like chris' wheels, but painted not polished) . . .
bernbomb914
Click to view attachment

ATS I have both yellow and black
gfulcher
here are my Revolution RFX's.. these are very light and strong wheels... 15x7" gives a nice contact patch under the stock fenders.

-greg-

IPB Image
Chris Pincetich
Joel! Those Forgeline wheels are awesome. I saw them in person in June at the RR AX, then googled it that night. Seems like they don't make the 4x130 standard, but do offer "custom" wheels. If you ever get tired of them, I'll buy or trade + $$$ my 15" rims. I just mailed out my some extra AR lug bolts - if you're reading this they are on the way USPS beerchug.gif
Dave-O
Minilites in black wub.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 27 2006, 11:10 PM) *

This is an American Racing "Le Mans" wheel being updated to cone seat to accept standard lugs. 911 center caps fit right in there.

What did you use to cut the ball seat? I've got a set of those, and 15 of the goofy lug bolts. I'd rather convert to stock bolts.
Chris Pincetich
Cone seat not ball seat. I had the same question and didn't look too hard because the solution to go to cone seat was common: the cone seat used a 1" wide, cobolt steel, 60 deg, single flute countersink bit in a drill press with a nice depth stop...having the tire off would have been better but I was needing a low budget solution and having the tires on/off was not cheap.

Also, I am selling my 12 old lug bolts in sets of 4....one set gone. Let me know if you'd like some. Good luck! beerchug.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 24 2006, 09:20 PM) *

does any one havve pict's of BRM on a car?

Troy, Troy, Troy... What is this obsession with VW offset wheels you have? LoL.

Here's a quick photochop. Sorry about the quality but I didn't have the time to pay more attention to detail. Have too much homework. But it still gives you an idea.

IPB Image
hmeeder
Handmade one off wheels (bought them off some guy in Florida)

Pedrini centers mated to Enkei aluminium 8" rims. The guy who built them had some skills.

Super light and they look awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.