Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 to 914/6 by Volker (WOW that is a fast car)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cruzing
Man, that is a fast car. shake down had a problem, came back and tighten down a oil hose, not bad though.. I will be putting back the passenger seat Monday..
Took it out to cut two access holes, one hole for Alternator Pulley bolt, so I can change the belt later. The other was a 5"x 8" slot behind passenger seat, this will gain access for any distriibutor issues of timing and such. Used the metal cut out's and reinstalled them back where they came from and then sealed with caulking..

WOW... what a car. that S motor really snaps.. pictures later on final stuff

The electrical has not changed yet from what is shown. Volker has something going on and it works great. will advise at a later time.. smile.gif

thanks to you all

Larry
Cruzing
Hi everyone, I wanted to report on progress.
I have not moved the fuel pump up front. But so far the rpm when the cam turns on the zennith carb's seem to be lacking the capacity to keep up with the motor..
After moving the fuel pump, maybe that will fix it,,, maybe not..

I may need webers???
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Cruzing @ Feb 23 2007, 11:19 AM) *

Summation:
Motor, muffler, rewiring, synthetic oil, filters, install, all oil hoses & connections came out to be $10,000
plus what I bought off this board.
Headers $350, engine mount $180, tin $115, accel. (Icustom built) linkage $5.00. oil tank donated, but spent $85.00 to boil out and seal

That totals $10.735 as of todays date.
I do not know if that is the cheapest, but I am happy with it. Ohh one more thing
comes with a warranty on the motor.. smile.gif

Larry

Not exactly cheap is it. poke.gif Have fun...
Cruzing
There is always something, I know.. Time will tell, but I think working the bugs out is normal. No need to panic... LOL

I am a novice, not a learned scholar, so hopefully the vapor lock is probably the problem, I will let ya know if it is not... smile.gif

IPB Image

just having some fun is all... enjoy...LOL

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 23 2007, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Cruzing @ Feb 23 2007, 11:19 AM) *

Summation:
Motor, muffler, rewiring, synthetic oil, filters, install, all oil hoses & connections came out to be $10,000
plus what I bought off this board.
Headers $350, engine mount $180, tin $115, accel. (Icustom built) linkage $5.00. oil tank donated, but spent $85.00 to boil out and seal

That totals $10.735 as of todays date.
I do not know if that is the cheapest, but I am happy with it. Ohh one more thing
comes with a warranty on the motor.. smile.gif

Larry

Not exactly cheap is it. poke.gif Have fun...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.