Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Cars you hate to get stuck behind?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Allan
I don't really have a most hated car to be behind. My only beef is with the drivers.

The 2 types I hate the most are:

1) Anyone who doesn't follow the 5 car rule, and

2) Those fuckers that have the 200,000 watt sound systems and think that every other driver within a mile likes to feel their teeth rattle... ar15.gif
Jake Raby
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 13 2006, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 13 2006, 12:11 PM) *

I hate friggin PT cruisers... Especially the ons with the factory flamed paint jobs!!
I almost crushed one Friday with the Pinzgauer at a Mc Donalds drive through.. He got so damn scared that he got out of the line and drove away!

av-943.gif

Here in Alabama, land of perpetual deer season and no inspections, everywhere you look it is huge raised 4X4 trucks with airplane tires, CB (!) antennas, and gun racks. At least some of 'em have 200 lbs of mud on 'em too. Not the Caddies, of course.

You mean like this?? (I washed it last week)

Now I just need to get the time to mount up my warn 8274- 9,000 pound winch..
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 13 2006, 01:00 PM) *

Prius drivers are some of the worst fast lane hogs I have witnessed on my commute. Hybrid drivers in general seem to have an attitude. WTF.gif

It appears that "Prius" means "smug and self centered" in Japanese. Their motto is "I'm blindly following the examples of my leftie Hollywood idols who got their hybrids for free and I'm saving the environment and you're an as*hole". Or maybe "I'm going as fast as is morally right, and I'm gonna make sure you do too, for your own good."

The Cap'n
Midtowner
QUOTE(maf914 @ Nov 14 2006, 06:07 AM) *

Any vehicle being driven by someone using a cell phone. Come on people..put the f*****g cell phone down and drive the car! cool_shades.gif

Oh, and also Volvos! laugh.gif

Couldn't have said it better. clap56.gif

Oh, and I forgot to add smelly 1980's MBZ diesels and Type III Buses (unless they have over twenty windows or transporters and cherry looking. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Nov 13 2006, 10:13 PM) *

i drive up arguably the windiest road in nevada (up to virginia city) 3 days a week. they'd go 20 around 30 corners (which i go 45-50) and then floor it on the straights only to panick brake at the next corner.

sounds like mueller in his 9eleben at the virginia city hillclimb ... av-943.gif
wbergtho
I especially hate the mini-vans with the fat assed soccer moms blabbing away on their cell phones talking to other soccer moms about where they're going to meet at the mall... so they can walk 2 mph for an hour and hopefully burn some fat off their asses. I also hate it very much to be behind a semi truck anywhere...especially getting on the highway...and I have to painfully observe the "thrilling" accelleration while "Joe six-pack" shifts through the gears of his Spicer 13 speed transmission. Also, if I get bottled up on the hwy behind a "moving wedge" of cars 3-5 lanes abreast...for say...more than 2 minutes....I'll just take the shoulder and zing by. I know that's a personality disorder... I'll admit it...but idiots that do this must have some type of mental disorder that is worse than mine... wacko.gif confused24.gif
rtalich
Anyone going slow!!!! I love to pass them in a cloud of black smoke with my F250 Diesel!!! aktion035.gif ph34r.gif
majkos
QUOTE(rtalich @ Nov 14 2006, 01:09 PM) *

Anyone going slow!!!! I love to pass them in a cloud of black smoke with my F250 Diesel!!! aktion035.gif ph34r.gif

AMEN Brother! drunk.gif

Thought I was the only one doing that! rolleyes.gif
I really check for an open window,as I pass them by,gently at first,
then FULL throttle burnout.gif Full affect into thier open window icon8.gif

av-943.gif

It's all good. smoke.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Nov 14 2006, 12:45 PM) *

I especially hate the mini-vans with the fat assed soccer moms blabbing away on their cell phones talking to other soccer moms about where they're going to meet at the mall... so they can walk 2 mph for an hour and hopefully burn some fat off their asses. I also hate it very much to be behind a semi truck anywhere...especially getting on the highway...and I have to painfully observe the "thrilling" accelleration while "Joe six-pack" shifts through the gears of his Spicer 13 speed transmission. Also, if I get bottled up on the hwy behind a "moving wedge" of cars 3-5 lanes abreast...for say...more than 2 minutes....I'll just take the shoulder and zing by. I know that's a personality disorder... I'll admit it...but idiots that do this must have some type of mental disorder that is worse than mine... wacko.gif confused24.gif

I have no problem w/ rigs, 95% of them are aware enough to let you by when they get the chance...

BJH driving.gif burnout.gif burnout.gif driving.gif
rtalich
QUOTE(majkos @ Nov 14 2006, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(rtalich @ Nov 14 2006, 01:09 PM) *

AMEN Brother! drunk.gif

Thought I was the only one doing that! rolleyes.gif
I really check for an open window,as I pass them by,gently at first,
then FULL throttle burnout.gif Full affect into thier open window icon8.gif

av-943.gif

It's all good. smoke.gif

av-943.gif Thats awesome!! I love doing that too. Especially to the ricers.

The best one was last summer I was trying to get around a couple bicyclists, you know that ones that think they have the same rights as cars!!! I punched it as soon as I got next to them and left them in a huge could. When the dust settled I looked in my rearview mirror to see them giving me the finger.gif Wish I had a camera!!
wbergtho
Some truckers are decent...some are plain jackasses. More and more these days are of the jackass variety. Truckers that drive 5 abreast up a hill on a 65 mph freeway (going 40mph)...and not one of them gets the idea to move over. I'm noticing more and more the lone trucker that hogs the left lane, etc.
JohnM
I have owned/driven a few VW aircooled busses and I swear people go frigging nuts trying to pass/get around you, and I knew I was slow and always drove in the right most lane! It seems they can only stand going 55/60 for a few minutes looking at that big flat rectangle in front of them and then are pulling their hair out and willing to make a life or death play to cut out into traffic to get around you. I think my stock '65 swing axle with transfer cases could only do about 70mph wound all the way out. Anyway in the 914, the female in mini-van that does not use the pull outs has got to be the most frustrating to follow on the two-lane San Diego twisties.
Brew
I hate getting stuck behind whatever TINCAN914 is driving!!! headbang.gif

Kidding Brian, just kidding!!! biggrin.gif
JPB
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 14 2006, 11:44 AM) *

I hate friggin PT cruisers... Especially the ons with the factory flamed paint jobs!!
I almost crushed one Friday with the Pinzgauer at a Mc Donalds drive through.. He got so damn scared that he got out of the line and drove away!

av-943.gif

Here in Alabama, land of perpetual deer season and no inspections, everywhere you look it is huge raised 4X4 trucks with airplane tires, CB (!) antennas, and gun racks. At least some of 'em have 200 lbs of mud on 'em too. Not the Caddies, of course.

HELL YA!! smilie_pokal.gif Grocery shopping commando style. What is it and where can I get one of them!! I freekin love that thing.

beer.gif Is that a Mercedes?
rjames
The best one was last summer I was trying to get around a couple bicyclists, you know that ones that think they have the same rights as cars!!! I punched it as soon as I got next to them and left them in a huge could. When the dust settled I looked in my rearview mirror to see them giving me the Wish I had a camera!!

Actually cyclists do have the same rights as cars for the most part (except for not being allowed on the freeways).

sww914
I seem to get stuck behind people with Jesus stickers on the back of their cars all the time. I think they sport some kind of attitude when driving because Jesus will take care of it for them. I don't mean to bash religion at all, just a sub-set of 1 religion's adherents.
majkos
QUOTE(Brew @ Nov 14 2006, 04:18 PM) *

I hate getting stuck behind whatever TINCAN914 is driving!!! headbang.gif

Kidding Brian, just kidding!!! biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

"BURN" Three pointer!!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM) *

av-943.gif

HELL YA!! smilie_pokal.gif Grocery shopping commando style. What is it and where can I get one of them!! I freekin love that thing.

Nope- Its an Austrian made Pinzgauer, produced for the Swiss Army... The Mercedes you refer to is a "Uni mog" and it has a friggin radiator...

The Pinz is an aircooled 2.5L 4 cylinder engine and I build these engines as well as develop parts for them. I'm currently building a 3.3L for mine and also have worked with LN on Nickies cylinders for the Pinz engine. I'm also doing exhaust and even an EFI system set up just for the Pinz..

Its a cool vehicle, I'd rather drive it than anything I own, even my 912E..
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 14 2006, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM) *

av-943.gif

Nope- Its an Austrian made Pinzgauer, produced for the Swiss Army... The Mercedes you refer to is a "Uni mog" and it has a friggin radiator...

The Pinz is an aircooled 2.5L 4 cylinder engine and I build these engines as well as develop parts for them. I'm currently building a 3.3L for mine and also have worked with LN on Nickies cylinders for the Pinz engine. I'm also doing exhaust and even an EFI system set up just for the Pinz..

Its a cool vehicle, I'd rather drive it than anything I own, even my 912E..

I SO....find that hard to believe........
Jake Raby
Thats because you haven't driven it..

I like to have the ability to go anywhere at any time.. Its also very fun to drive and handles well on the highway..
This is just a little taste.. It don't even spin a tire crossing the Chattahoochee River!
IPB Image
IPB Image

I put 12K miles on it last year and wore out a set so 34X10.50 Swampers :-)

It's fun to drive in a much different way and I have NEVER had a vehicle (not even my 550 Spyder) that got so much attention! People have actually ran over curbs trying to figure out what I'm driving..
rtalich
QUOTE(rjames @ Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM) *

The best one was last summer I was trying to get around a couple bicyclists, you know that ones that think they have the same rights as cars!!! I punched it as soon as I got next to them and left them in a huge cloud. When the dust settled I looked in my rearview mirror to see them giving me the Wish I had a camera!!

Actually cyclists do have the same rights as cars for the most part (except for not being allowed on the freeways).

OMG!! Well, if your going to ride on the road and create havoc for people driving motor vehicles, then you'd better be ready to inhale a lot of exhaust fumes from people like me!!! piratenanner.gif

BTW - Meant to say "cloud" in my original post, for anyone that cares...
bd1308
thats why i ride on sidewalks.

people in KY die getting hit by people driving cars who dont give a shit about people riding bikes.
Katmanken
When I lived in Florida, I hated any car with a vinyl roof that had a turn signal blinking on and on and on and on and on for the last 256 miles. They usually were driven by people with the warning profile.... smale male, enormous ears, fedora on at a jaunty angle....

Now it's cars that appear to be driven by nobody.... that's a car with a driver sooo short they can't be seen from behind....
They can't see over the dash so thay compensate with a slow speed...

And road idjits..... That's bikers who want to bike in tight clothes and funny hats in rush hour traffic om 2 lane roads, bikers who think they have all the rights of the road -including special rights such as stop signs don't apply to them...

and my recent favorite.... some dumb lady in my neighborhood who walks down the middle of the street with her baby in a stroller ...and looks really pissed whenever a car is on HER road.... Dumb woman doesn't seem to notice everybody else using the really nice wide sidewalks on BOTH sides of the street.....

Ken
bd1308
I follow the rules, so I dont get hurt when I ride.
brp914
Any sort of fat ass/small weenie compensation vehicle (suv or 15 ft tall p/u). Especially when they drive in the fast lane, making it difficult to pass them while splitting lanes on a bike. I propose new law: you cant buy a "sport" utility vehicle unless you can run a mile in under 10 minutes. Oops - there goes 99.9% of 'em!
wbergtho
I propose new law: you cant buy a "sport" utility vehicle unless you can run a mile in under 10 minutes. Oops - there goes 99.9% of 'em!

Hey....I like that rule alot. Say...If I can run a mile in under 5 minutes...can I drive 150MPH?
brp914
not sure I see the logic there, but

'Nuther new law: Everyone in WI should drive 150mph.

Seriously though, cars are a reflection of ones self. So called "sport" uv's are marketed as sporty and rugged, but alot of the people you see driving them aint that.
wbergtho
and my recent favorite.... some dumb lady in my neighborhood who walks down the middle of the street with her baby in a stroller ...and looks really pissed whenever a car is on HER road.... Dumb woman doesn't seem to notice everybody else using the really nice wide sidewalks on BOTH sides of the street.....

Darwinism at it's finest. laugh.gif
Sammy
Any car with more exhaust noise than power. I hate low horsepower cars with loud exhausts. Can you say poser? i can, POSER POSER POSER.
IMO cars should be faster than they sound, not the other way around.
I'be built up quite a few high performance cars over the past 3 decades, every one of them was relatively quiet. Maybe not quite as quiet as stock, but close to it. There is no real reason to make a street car loud. With a little bit of work you can get almost the same power with a lot less noise. If one or two hp is worth annoying your neighbors, you got issues.

sww914, I have Jesus bumper stickers. finger.gif bootyshake.gif poke.gif
1bad914
So I guess the rule is "anybody that drives faster than me is nuts...anybody that drives slower than me is an idiot" That about covers it all! smile.gif
carr914
Sorry in advance for you guys in the NE. My Mom (in her upper 70s) drives a 38 ft RV with a Jeep behind it. She used to be a great driver, but now when I go home to visit, I won't ride in the car with her. Her skills have diminished greatly, except she doesn't think so. I told her about my best friend (brain damaged now) who got hit riding his Harley; her comment "Bikers think they own the road" I hung up on her. Sorry Mom. but you shouldn't even have a license anymore. When I get to that point, I'm just going to hook a hose to my Porsches exhaust and just breathe in.

T.C.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Nov 14 2006, 08:25 PM) *

I propose new law: you cant buy a "sport" utility vehicle unless you can run a mile in under 10 minutes. Oops - there goes 99.9% of 'em!

Hey....I like that rule alot. Say...If I can run a mile in under 5 minutes...can I drive 150MPH?

Whats 4min good for?

BJ(3:58 1600m)H biggrin.gif
Crazyhippy
I've decided everyone is WAY to wound up... just relax and enjoy the drive, dont rush through it.

The Joy inowning a 914 is driving it, so enjoy it.

BJH
1970 Neun vierzehn
Part of license renewal should include a large parking lot, with a moderate skill level course set up to include an avoidance maneuver, a sudden lane change, a stoplight/panic brake test and a pylon marked 'course " to execute. All the above would need to be completed within a maximum alloted time period with the auto that is most recently registered in the driver's name. It would be very interesting to see the drivers of some of the Buicks, Seinnas and Escalades that I see driven around here maneuver through such a course within a certain time frame. I'm certain some bewildered, befuddled, inept and and witless drivers would surely lose their driving privileges. clap56.gif

What precipitated this post was yet another display of elderly driver situational unawareness. On my way to work, about to drive through an intersection showing me the green (no one is behind me), an old man wearing a hat pulls out in front of me, in his vinyl-topped Buick. ar15.gif Then he drives 20 in a 25 zone. ar15.gif Then, as he approaches the next intersection on green, he signals clap56.gif for a right turn, then comes to a complete stop as he makes his turn ar15.gif Maybe it's my environment. I work next door to a large retirement community. Hmmmm, I wonder if I could make some money off of them idea.gif Depends.
Brando
I dislike being stuck behind Lincoln Town cars and Ford Crown Vics... You know what I mean. The ones with an (E) next to their license plate number. They're either going so damn slow you can't pass without risking a ticket, or they go so fast and drive circles around you for fun (had that happen once before). It's a catch 22...

Road hog aside, I dislike being stuck behind large SUVs [Lincoln Aggrevator, Ford Exploder, Chevy Suburglar, Toyota Shishkabob]. 99.9999999% of the time they don't look

1) into their rearview
2) into their mirrors
3) around

So they usually swerve, cut me off, or brake for nothing. Literally, nothing on/in the road and their brake lights are on.
majkos
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 02:15 PM) *

Part of license renewal should include a large parking lot, with a moderate skill level course set up to include an avoidance maneuver, a sudden lane change, a stoplight/panic brake test and a pylon marked 'course " to execute. All the above would need to be completed within a maximum alloted time period with the auto that is most recently registered in the driver's name. It would be very interesting to see the drivers of some of the Buicks, Seinnas and Escalades that I see driven around here maneuver through such a course within a certain time frame. I'm certain some bewildered, befuddled, inept and and witless drivers would surely lose their driving privileges. clap56.gif

Hell, just tape them, av-943.gif a shoo in for America's Funniest! av-943.gif
I'm STILL av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
914nerd
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 03:15 PM) *

I have been stuck driving one of those vehicles (a sienna) from time to time
maneuvering is not the easiest, but it is still very possible
I suspect that I could drive through a course faster in that than a number of people in cars far better suited to it
Ultimately, though, it is the driver that determines what happens on the road.
Not that I enjoyed driving it, but that people should not be judged merely by the car they drive
I mean, come on, well all (or most of us) drive Porsches, but we are mostly not the wine and cheesers
Just my opinion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.