Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: June 07 EXCELLENCE MAG (shocking 914 news)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
jasons
I don't know what scares me more, 914 owners becoming elitist or all the kids that are gonna swarm here wanting a riced out 914?

Crazyhippy
I think Excellence should stay devoted to Pure porsche cars... 100% pure. If ANYTHING has been changed, it's DQ'd from being featured. Factory floormats, Factory wheels, Hell Factory Tires too...

Keiths car is a VERY nicely done 914. It deserves to be in Excellence.

Bravo to Pete and crew for having the testicular fortitude to feature it. I normally am not a reader, but will be picking this one up.

Keith, I want a signature too...LOL

BJH
McMark
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 24 2007, 07:24 PM) *

dry.gif I'm cancelling my subscription in protest.

I just subscribed in protest of your protest. rolleyes.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2007, 12:03 AM) *

dry.gif I'm cancelling my subscription in protest.

I just subscribed in protest of your protest. rolleyes.gif

And I intend to as well.

Just an observation, if you carry the "pure" logic on in the direction y'all are suggesting then you folks are destined to limit your participation here to the "Originality" section. A substantial number of posts in this Garage section are about non-Porsche parts and procedures. So in order not to contradict yourselves you probably need to remove that Mallory, the non-original paints, colors, aftermarket rubber seals, sway bars, gauges, carburetors, seats, brake pads, filters, tires, wiper blades, etc, etc, etc. Those non-original parts all make your cars "impure". [an "impure" 914, I can't believe I just said that, like some flashback to WWII Germany]

Kudos to Excellence for showing some imagination. It's a big world, and I personally have no interest making it small by reading only article after article about concours cars. Seeing one, two, three, four, five and more cars that are all identical except for the color? No race cars except for "pure" original factory racers? I thoroughly appreciate all of them, but no thanks, they won't sustain my interest. No news except for "pure" news? Boring.

So Pete, you're picking up probably five subscriptions for every one you lose. Keep up the good work. Lead, don't follow.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2007, 07:15 PM) *

Hey Pat, I may take you up on that challange... idea.gif Seriously, Imagine what I've done. Took the shell of one bastard child and added the engine from another. huh.gif I'm doomed unsure.gif

And for the guys that are willing to throw the baby out with the bath water I say your loss. Were lucky to have friends at Exellence Magazine. There are so many of these cars guys are cutting them up for scrape. Nice to see them saved in any form.

I hope you whine and cheesers wouldn't exclude any of us conversion guys from any of your events. We are all enthusists with passion and soul and a love for a little car no one wanted to claim for years. Enjoy the passion and promote your fellow enthusist. Be a friend. assimilate.gif

clap56.gif agree.gif
SLITS
They're all fuchin' cars ..... get over it.
mrdezyne
"Maybe next Excellence can have 914 babes centerfold?"

Ok, now your talkin! So thats 3 new subscriptions to one cancelation... (that was a joke, see I'm smiling smile.gif )

You have to admit it makes for a hilarious read when this thread starts out as kudos to a well written article by a member about a member, and then slowly spirals out of control.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Apr 25 2007, 09:22 AM) *

You have to admit it makes for a hilarious read when this thread starts out as kudos to a well written article by a member about a member, and then slowly spirals out of control.

It's like
Thanksgiving dinner with my relatives...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(914-8 @ Apr 24 2007, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 24 2007, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 24 2007, 06:43 PM) *

Where does one go to buy a copy of Excellence from a newstand around SF - I haven't seen it anywhere.....??????

EDIT: Argh. I guess I can't hang around here and put my personal opinions on the line here, either. Next time someone tells you to "do what you love," think carefully about it. There are ups AND downs to it.

Why do you say that?

It would be a shame if you felt like you can't hang around and put your personal opinions on the line here.

That'd be a real loss for this site, hopefully a few malcontents don't have the power to cause that to happen.

Don't worry, I don't mind dealing with critics -- or listening to them. poke.gif

This thread is just a reminder that there are those out there who, as car people, don't like/aren't interested in what others are doing if it doesn't match what they're into. They're our customers, too. Not the only customers, but I don't see the benefit in fighting with them.

So I realized that, even here, I don't get to be just myself because it IS related to my job. Especially when people start talking about canceling subscriptions in protest. That ain't good. dry.gif

I'm learning something from this, but then we learn something from everything if we pay attention. Doesn't mean we necessarily change our direction.

I guess I appreciate car nuts who like just about anything if it's done well. Maybe that's just another way of saying I like car nuts like me. I dig Porsches above just about everything else, but I still love a ton of different cars. Sierra Cosworths, E30 M3s, Brock Daytona Coupes, Muiras, 2000 GTs, Delta Integrales, Euro A1 GTIs, 6.3s, S8s, 288 GTOs, and the list goes on.

There are many other areas of the hobby that aren't for me, but when I see a Datsun 510 *perfectly* set up, or an insane Chevelle with great paint and perfect stance, or a perfect Woody (stock or rodded), or a crazy Harley custom chopper (but it's better be good). I wouldn't pick any of them, and don't really want any of them in my garage...

...but you know how you feel when you see a car/truck/bike/boat/plane that is crazy well done -- even though it's not YOUR thing?

"Car enthusiasm," in my book, doesn't get any purer or more exciting than in those moments. But I realize that not everyone approaches the hobby in the same way and you gotta respect that.

And I *do* respect the purists. I just don't always agree with 'em.

pete

horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 25 2007, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Apr 25 2007, 09:22 AM) *

It's like
Thanksgiving dinner with my relatives...

Watch out, someone's gonna get nicknamed "Debbie Downer..." biggrin.gif

Actually, wouldn't make a bad smilie. But how to do it?
Eric_Shea
Brock Daytona Coupes

Those suck. I can't believe you like them. That's the last straw... I'm cancelling my subscription in Protest.

Also... take me off the site.

Ooooooooooops, wait a minute, I thought this was the "Cayman" site.
TravisNeff
I don't like peanut butter on my chocolate.
2-OH!
I love the Mag and the article, thanks Pete...

I'm just pissed that we never make the cover (in what 20 years ?)...Good grief, they even put a 924 on the cover two times, but never a 914...

Maybe it's time, put a restored CW car on the front and I'll bet all those who canceled will sneak out and buy a copy...

2-OH!
WRX914
George, I simply can not believe you of all people are jumping on the bash bandwagon after all the props I gave to your company throughout the ENTIRE article. I guess you can say I am disappointed.

Keith

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 24 2007, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(hars914 @ Apr 24 2007, 12:21 PM) *

I myself was not happy with the article. I did not like seeing a Subaru powered
914 in a Porsche only magazine. I know as a fact there are many 914's
a hell of a lot nicer with porsche powerplants. I have been a subscriber to this
magazine since day one. I still have issue number 1. I recently sold my 1971
2.4L six 914 which would have put this car to shame. I also have talked to
fellow 914 owners who are also upset with Excellence for writing this
article. All this time I thought this magazine was about Porsche and only Porsche.
Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree. Although an outstanding effort, and a great article for a car magazine, (and believe me we need more 914 articles!!!) Guess you all heard that Motor Trend classic has gottem the axe before the article about the 914 import car of the year was in there!!! But Excellence the magazine TOTALLY dedicated to Porsche surely could find a more appropriate 914 article to publish!
At least though they are putting more 914 articles in the mag (as a caveat)!!!!

WRX914
Some people just don't get it...

It is my car, I built it for me. I built it to enjoy today and not wait until I am 80 to reap the benifits. You do what makes you happy, I will do the same. Here is a thought for all of the "purists" if you are indeed a purist in the definition of the word, would you not only replace the engine with period correct powerplants? Using the thoughts as mentioned below, you SHOULD get more money for it... As an example a period correct 62 Vette with matching numbers will in most cases bring a higher sale figure than that of one with say a new 502 in it and upgraded suspension/brakes. But again, I did not build this car to one day hope to retire off of it's sale. I built it for MY enjoyment. I would love to see everyones car and you will always here positive comments from me whether it is a hugh piece of shit or the most beautiful example of a teener. Why? because I like these cars anyway they come. I am secure with myself and bought my teener because I wanted it and not because it was all I could afford. I bought it because I like to be different and I think I accomplished exactly that...

Keith

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 24 2007, 07:36 PM) *

To those who've made "period" changes the 914 motive power designed by the factory - I compliment you. Not for me, but I understand styuffing more power into the little beast. By this, I mean stuffing 911 engines/912 engines into 914's. They work, they can fit,.....and they are Porsche.

To the rest, well....you know I'm opinionated. If it isn't original, or restored to such, it's just a kit car.

I could care less if the subie motor was a Porsche design. Doesn't belong in a 914. Go ahead, wrench one in. Have fun for 2 years & try to sell it. It stopped being a 914 when you ruined it. May as well have a Chevy 350 in it. Regardless, it's a bastard of a bastard child. You don't get it? The 914 was a bastard from day one, with it's VW motor in it. So, now you make it even worse by stuffing a water cooled motor in it, non-Porsche at that?

Nice thing about this country - you can do or say what they heck you want (and I AM a proponent of that). Just don't try to convince me that a subie/chevy/ford powered 914 is a classic. NOT!

This article is why I dropped excellence 15 years ago. It's not a Porsche mag - it's tuner mag.

To those I've alienated......hope we can still be friends. You are what you are - I am what I am. And, I'm as much a Purist as I can be.

Let's see how much Barrett-Jackson sells my 914 for when I'm 80, compared to yours!

Oooh man, am I gonna open the floadgates here! Tough, it's who I am!
Pat
hars914
All I did was voice my opinion about the magazine and look what it turned into.
I have been getting this magazine since it came out and will never cancel my
subscription.Like George said that there are more worthy 914's out there to
write about. Also WRX as you say you built this car. Per the article you had it built
by someone else and paid a bunch of money for it. Renegade should get all
the credit for this article not you. You just signed the checks. By the way I BUILT
a 1971 2.4L six that would have put this car to shame for half the money.
nein14
popcorn[1].gif
WRX914
Ya get personal, the gloves come off. alfred.gif

Before you go making statements you can not back up, you really should do your homework so you don't sound so screwy.gif

You don't even know the half of it... I am the one who brought the concept of the Subaru to Renegade, I was the one who paid for the 1st engine to test fit for feesability, I was the one who took ALL of the risks and asked for NOTHING in return. So in reality Renegade is the one who owes me. Yes, I did write the checks but I also put the time in to research what I wanted and acquired them (which the editor consistantly commented on). I believe the reason my car is in the rag is it has the appeal. Not just the Suby engine, or just the paint, or just the suspension and brakes, but the whole package. A package that you must not have achieved or your car would be in the magazine instead of mine. Don't be jealous, it makes you looks bad...

Hang on to that car of yours it might be worth something when you are 80.

and bye the way, Blow me.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Keith

QUOTE(hars914 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:36 PM) *

All I did was voice my opinion about the magazine and look what it turned into.
I have been getting this magazine since it came out and will never cancel my
subscription.Like George said that there are more worthy 914's out there to
write about. Also WRX as you say you built this car. Per the article you had it built
by someone else and paid a bunch of money for it. Renegade should get all
the credit for this article not you. You just signed the checks. By the way I BUILT
jasons
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Apr 25 2007, 02:19 PM) *

agree.gif

That was lame.
mrdezyne
YEAH KEITH!

I was able to drool on this piece of artwork during the week of SEMA this past year. Subie or not, the car is an amazing accomplishment. To hear it roar is something that gives you chills, purist or not.
GaroldShaffer
WTF.gif is going on. confused24.gif Its a nice car, does it belong in a Porsche magazine? I think so, but then again does it really matter. If this one artical about a Porsche car with... gasp.... non porsche motor gets your underwaer in knots I think need to get a life.

I'm all for concourse cars, conversions, ........ this is what makes the world go round. So get off you horse and get over it.

Oh, and if your 914 (or other Porsche car) is so great then contact excellence. I am sure they would like to here about it and maybe even do a story on it. Just my thoughts. YMMV

Eric_Shea
I am sure they would like to here about it and maybe even do a story on it.

Would have... past tense. av-943.gif
WRX914
To all of you that appreciate the concepts in my car - beerchug.gif

For those of you who don't - bootyshake.gif
horizontally-opposed
Keith, don't let 'em get you down. You're driving a cool car that you like. driving.gif

And I think the fact your car won Best in Show at GAF says far more than any of the potshots here do.

If you want to counter the compliments and positive comments about Excellence in this thread, have at it. If you want to question its editorial direction, also, have at it.

But...

...if you want to hate on Keith's project, go start your own thread on "Why I hate Subaru conversions." Or do a search, I think we've had a few, and my guess is that you can probably re-read your opinions there. idea.gif

Oh yeah, and no more 914s in Excellence. All we'll cover from now on is pristine 356s, because everything that came after were sorry, marketing-driven compromises... biggrin.gif

pete
Chuck
Keith,

Thanks for all of the work you did in bringing this concept to other 914 owners like myself. Despite the reservations of some, there are many of us that are very glad you did the legwork. For those of us about to do this project ourselves, we stand on the shoulders of giants. clap56.gif

As I wrote in an earlier post. I can understand the viewpoint of the pursists. However, I just don't happen to personally agree with them. I have loved these cars long before this swap was even an option. That being said, I want a car that will not cower to a Civic, one that can surprise cars costing tens of thousands more, a car I can enjoy NOW. I don't give a rats ass what it MIGHT be worth when I'm 80.

This is similar to a debate I see among some of the hotrodders. Yeah, a '55 Chevy restored to complete authenticity will get you a lot more from Barrett Jackson and may even be a fun car to drive, IF it even gets driven. The other side of that is the hotrod '55 that will not fetch as much on auction but that likely gets driven and enjoyed; which is what I think all cars are really for anyway.

p.s. Never picked up a copy of Excellence before. I certainly will now!
WRX914
Pete,

You are a class act...

Thank you for the opportunity to be in your magazine. It is truely an honor. I hope you don't get too much hate mail over this. And sincerely hope you don't lose any readers due to my bastard child of a teener. Rather it would be nice for those to appreciate the obstacles that I overcame and the end results that came from those tribulations. After all, I enjoy reading about an insanely modified Carrera GT even though I would never buy one.

Thanks again Pete.

Keith
DBCooper
Keith, the work you did was worth it, and your car IS excellence. Well done.

Don't mind those guys, they're clueliess. Their cars may be worth more when they're 80, but yours won't be worth that much less, and you'll have been having fun for all of those years getting there.
Scott S
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 25 2007, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(WRX914 @ Apr 25 2007, 02:19 PM) *

agree.gif

That was lame.

agree.gif

Probably ought to ask some questions prior to jumping to conclusions. sheeplove.gif

An apology perhaps?
Howard
Whatta bunch of Dorks biggrin.gif
Real 914's ride on 80 series 165/15's. Everyone with wider/lower tires get outta here. alfred.gif

PS. Nice car!
WRX914
No Howie,

YOU rock!

How have you been? The wife? Did your daughters wedding go well? Hope all is well with you and your family. Let's get together soon with VegasRacer, Ron and Sharp, hell, Toasty you come as well!!

VegasRacer bought a new home near mine and I hear he is havine a party.gif and a jsharp.gif maybe then???

Take care.

Keith
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(hars914 @ Apr 25 2007, 04:36 PM) *

By the way I BUILT

Hars914 got any pictures of the 914 you built. Lets see them. If it puts Keiths 914 to shame. I sure would like to see it.

Bob smile.gif
Aaron Cox
good to see ya bro!

we'll have to run into each other at another event sometime keith smile.gif
WRX914
Hey Aaron!

Whattsssup?

I have been off the board for a few months now, been extremely busy with three jobs. But hell yes! Lets get together soon. I know I have been under a rock for the past few months, but let the sun shine brotha!

Good to hear from all of you again. Hope everyone and thier families are doing well.

Keith
Eric_Shea
Keith rocks.
LvSteveH
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Apr 25 2007, 04:09 PM) *

VegasRacer bought a new home near mine and I hear he is havine a party.gif and a jsharp.gif maybe then???

You might now wanna answer the phone if John calls, he is gonna need help moving, and with his broken wing, I imagine he'll be supervising drunk.gif

Then again, he'll need someone to drive his car to the new house, hmmm. Might be worth putting in a day for that. I say we stop by D street to pick up some "economical" labor to help John out. I'll drive his 914, you can take the 350z.

Oh, and don't listen to all the critics. Anything that takes a lot work and dedication deserves respect. It really comes down to art. Anyone can plop down money and buy a car. It takes passion to create something and make it your own.

I personally don't get the $10,000 low rider bicycles, but I have a ton of respect for the person who loved it enough to do it.
Lou W
Beautiful car Keith, I saw it in Ventura at the GAF. I hope that someday my car would be worthy of an article in Excellence Mag. beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to getting my magazine.

Thanks to Excellence for having articles on the 914's.
So.Cal.914
Now this is just my personal opinion and I don't know if anyone will agree but

I like driving my car, alot. Driving it hard and putting it away wet. By the time I am

80 I suspect it will be thrashed. And I will have built a few more. But thats just me.
watsonrx13
Well, I just spent the last hour smoking a Romeo & Juliet, washed down with a couple of straight up margritas reading the latest Excellence issue....

Keith, excellent job on the car/conversion/effort.... smilie_pokal.gif

Pete, thanks for an excellent article on the 914, it's because of you that I have a subscribtion to Excellence and will continue to renew on a 3-year basis.... clap56.gif

This was a well written article, Pete you had everyone prepped for the blasphamy with the first statement....

Ed, in Lakeland, drove his Subi-powered 914 from Tampa to Las Vegas last year to SEMA. His car rocks and so does yours....

Keep up the faith of the 914 and keep the cars on the road.... driving.gif

Thanks again to Pete and Keith...

-- Rob

byndbad914
in regards to all the Barrett-Jackson comments - frankly I doubt the 914 in general will be worth sh!t when I am 80. About the only cars of any value will be the factory GTs and the factory 6s, the 916, etc - the rare cars. A pristine 914 1.8L will probably still be worth less than a well-done 914 V8 conversion sells for today. I bet if you truly fully restored a "regular" 914 today you would have way more money in it than you would ever get out of it, unless you do it today, then don't touch it until you are 80 to ship it to BJ, then for crying out loud, what was the point of that?? That would simply be inflation of the dollar and parts costs and then you never drove it.

And check out the data on restomods. There are some serious bucks being laid-down on heavily updated old cars. A restored 57 210 sedan doesn't do much more than a restomodded 210 sedan, if at all. A pristine Bel Air with rare factory options v. restomod Bel Air is a difference.

Fact is that car is very nicely done and it absolutely blows me away that people are actually bitching about the fact someone took a mutt car, did some restomods to it, and people got pissed because it was in Excellence because it wasn't a "pure Porsche".

NOT A SINGLE 914 OWNER ON THIS BOARD OWNS A PORSCHE. You own a Porkarmanndubya. Period. I thought of this last weekend as I was putting the letters across the back of my mutt that I took off the engine lid right after I replace some glass in the car with VW on it from the factory. I think the name was about the only thing truly Porsche and these cars were sold by VW in Europe IIRC.

Not out to be a dick or alienate myself, etc but jesus, some of these arguments lack any real reason when you consider what the typical 914 is currently worth, and whether it has the original VW engine in it.

I likes the Excellence and I wills continue to subscribes! Pete - when you are really feeling "saucy" gimme a call - I still have the PORSCHE name on my car and stock doors with the stock VW glass laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't resist...
hars914
Keith,
The bottom line is that my opinion had nothing to do with you. It was Excellnce
Magazine I have a problem with. This is or should I say was a Porsche only
magazine. It has been that way for years. We always looked for those 914
articles.This article was not the kind I expected. This car belongs in any other
magazine but not this one. The editor is the one I am upset at. I am standing
by my comments. You started the bashing by blasting George for his comments.
That pissed me off. That is the problem with a lot of people on this site.
I rarely ever get personal on this site but this time I could not be silent.
So take the comments like a man and have fun with your little pocket rocket.
Maybe I will see you at the next NOPI show with all the other Japanese cars.
By the way Pete, I wonder if you still know what a true Porsche is.
EdwardBlume
Excellence is awesome ! PERIOD

Although my sub expired without renewing a few months ago. Since I have no time (kids, school, work), looking at it is like... well like getting Playboy when you've married... just a bunch of dreams you can't have....

biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 24 2007, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Apr 24 2007, 02:13 PM) *

WTF.gif No one has made any negative statements about the Suby conversion 914 that is in EXCELLENCE as I stated before it looks like a nice car.

However EXCELLENCE as the cover of the magzine states " The Magazine About Porsches" not "PORSUBIES " beer.gif

Like I said it's my opinion, one that Excellence seems to share. And you have yours. WTF.gif

Well, I have to agree with nein14. I know him a little bit, and his car is somewhat extreme, but it's still Porsche based. Subie motor - no! 914 motor - yes & then some.

Excellence lost me years ago, when they lost site of their purpose! But hell, R & T lost me years earlier, when they went "Detroit".

I think the point here is, and this will piss of some of you, 914's are VW-Porsches. They arent VW-Porsche-Subarus, VW-Porsche-Chevys, etc.

Want to put a subie, "x" motor in your 914? Go for it! Some of us appreciate the nuances (some don't), but it's your 914.

But - Excellence? Change the name to something like "Whatever". I still wouldn't buy it. Publishing whores!
Eric_Shea
Come on guys... take a pill.

I guess I'm weird:

This is me looking at Pat or Steve's CW cars drooley.gif
This is me looking at Andy's tub on the Celite (sic) bench drooley.gif
This is me looking at #4 drooley.gif
This is me looking at Martin's GT look cars drooley.gif
This is me looking at Howards ass drooley.gif
This is me looking at Steve Limbert's GT drooley.gif
This is me looking at Keiths Suby rocket drooley.gif
This is me looking at Mrs. K's... uhhhm, ankles drooley.gif
This is me looking at Rogers car confused24.gif
This is me looking at Rob Watsons resto project drooley.gif
This is me looking at GT40's drooley.gif
This is me looking at Slit's ass (sorry Howie) drooley.gif
This is me looking at Armando's project drooley.gif
This is me looking at 917's dropping through the cork-screw drooley.gif

I come here because I like cars and these people. I don't come here to beat up on someone because they did an excellent conversion. I don't come here to beat up on someone because they produce an excellent magazine.

I come from magazine land. If "anyone" had the knowledge and the foresight to take an empathetic look at what a man named Pete Stout does, with his staff and his budget, you would simply be... a-m-a-z-e-d. That's a period at the end of that sentence. Try it some time. Imagine what it might be like to hit the deadlines on such a publication.

Fuching chill beerchug.gif
TJB/914
I don't understand the attacks on Keith's 914 or the attacks against Pete @ EXCELLENCE. It's only (7) pages in a magazine with (210) pages. It also has another 914-6 article that meets the Porsche wub.gif test. I looked at the magazine again & it says "The Magazine about Porsche". I believe Keith's Stuby/914 is a hy-bred Porsche. It meets the quack like a duck & is a duck test. Read the article and enjoy how someone turning a dream into reality.

Remember, EXCELLENCE is a business and Pete the CEO has responsibilty to increase advertising & distribution. You only do this by pushing the envelope with new idea's to increase sales. I also checked out the magazine rack at Borders tonight & nothing compares to EXCELLENCE. It's a lot of value for the money.

My advise, calm down and enjoy what we have.

T
Sure have leaned a lot about some of you guys on this one. Man, I am glad I am normal. bootyshake.gif
boxstr
I have owned and sold 6 914s with Chevrolet V8s. Alot of people think that is not a Porsche. When you stuff your right foot into the floorboards who cares what anyone else thinks.
CCLIN914NATION
2-OH!
I still think we're worthy of a cover...

Whine, whine, whine...

2-OH!
Crazyhippy
You know what pisses me off the most about the car... it isn't even on factory wheels... kineseis.. Sheesh, how dare they think they can make something better then porsches engineers did.

Using all Porsche parts does not mean it's a thorough bred... It means it's in-bred...

And it still would be faster if it was Yellow...

BJH
McMark
piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 24 2007, 07:22 PM) *

Sorry but its pure Porsche only for me when I spend big dollars for a Porsche publication.

I'm cancelling my subscription in protest.

$23 a year for 1800 pages is "spendy?" confused24.gif

agree.gif i spend twice that on a dull weekend night at some shady bar here in oakland.

looks like grant already spent all of his allowance for this year on ice-cream ...
biggrin.gif
scotty
Every time I see/read about a nice clean subie 914 installation, I keep wishing that Subaru would build one... THAT would be very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.