Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is coming to the WCR?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
porschecb
QUOTE(McMark @ May 24 2007, 11:15 AM) *

The AX is an ESCA event open to all members, but not the general public (hence the spectator fee). I can't comment on runs, but we have 34 cars registered and I expect ESCA attendance to be about the same. Hopefully they will be having a two-car course and we will get a fair number of runs.

What if they don't! Ever been to autocross with 70+ cars?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 24 2007, 08:05 PM) *

The AX is an ESCA event open to all members, but not the general public (hence the spectator fee). I can't comment on runs, but we have 34 cars registered and I expect ESCA attendance to be about the same. Hopefully they will be having a two-car course and we will get a fair number of runs.

That is pretty normal these days... It takes talent Michael but it can be done. Charles Shultz can easily be set up as a two car on course site.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 24 2007, 09:17 PM) *

Charles Shultz can easily be set up as a two car on course site.

agree.gif i've been there with two car runs, not a big deal at all if the course is run correctly ...

driving.gif Andy
ConeDodger
Enough of this faithless gibberish! We are on a 914 mission. All who want to have fun step up and WCRamble!!!!!!!!!
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2007, 09:04 AM) *

Enough of this faithless gibberish! We are on a 914 mission. All who want to have fun step up and WCRamble!!!!!!!!!

agree.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(orange914 @ May 25 2007, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2007, 09:04 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
Actually the shift to Saturday for the autox works better for me! Now my son and I can have a whole weekend of 914 father/dad stuff, plus its one nights less room expense (assuming I don't drink too much Sunday night)!
xitspd
Mark,

Can you post a schedule with dates. Thank you very much.

Dan
McMark
Friday, June 15: Arrive, Meet-n-Greet
Cars roll in throughout the day and it's time to get reaquiainted with old friends. It's been a year since we last had the opportunity to meet in person.
Saturday, June 16: West Coast Ramble Autocross
ESCA Autocross at Schultz Airport in Santa Rosa. ESCA is a great ground will be a great host for our autocross. The AX portion of our event is being sponsored by CAMP914.
Sunday, June 17: Parking Lot Bonanza, Wine Country Tour, Dinner
Wash-N-Shine car show, tech sessions, games, and other fun activites in the morning.
A 3 hour drive through the wine coutry takes us through the beautiful rolling hills of northern California, then on one of the greatest twisty backroads this area has to offer.
Dinner, awards, and raffle.
Monday, June 18: Goodbye
The end of another event for this year. Thanks for coming.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ May 26 2007, 02:58 AM) *

Friday, June 15: Arrive, Meet-n-Greet
Cars roll in throughout the day and it's time to get reaquiainted with old friends. It's been a year since we last had the opportunity to meet in person.
Saturday, June 16: West Coast Ramble Autocross
ESCA Autocross at Schultz Airport in Santa Rosa. ESCA is a great ground will be a great host for our autocross. The AX portion of our event is being sponsored by CAMP914.
Sunday, June 17: Parking Lot Bonanza, Wine Country Tour, Dinner
Wash-N-Shine car show, tech sessions, games, and other fun activites in the morning.
A 3 hour drive through the wine coutry takes us through the beautiful rolling hills of northern California, then on one of the greatest twisty backroads this area has to offer.
Dinner, awards, and raffle.
Monday, June 18: Goodbye
The end of another event for this year. Thanks for coming.

Fun Fun Fun... (sorry, I had to add that. I am trying to get my post count up) dry.gif
Andyrew
I am still a GO for this event. I think i'll mainly be there for the autox and the drive, then I may split.. Depending on if I get the time off of work..

Does anyone know what ESCA's rules are for passengers? My audi (the car I will autox, as my 914 is oh hold) is 4 doors, and It will probably be full 1/2 of the runs I do... lol
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 27 2007, 01:25 AM) *

I am still a GO for this event. I think i'll mainly be there for the autox and the drive, then I may split.. Depending on if I get the time off of work..

Does anyone know what ESCA's rules are for passengers? My audi (the car I will autox, as my 914 is oh hold) is 4 doors, and It will probably be full 1/2 of the runs I do... lol

Andy,
Check the ESCA site. They are the Empire Sports Car Association I believe.
McMark
Passengers who are paid up are allowed. That's one of the good points. wink.gif
ConeDodger
I have a rider... Yopu will ride with me in each of my runs... I love the way she laughs when we drive the course. Pure glee...
Another shameless attempt to increase post count. And of course move the WCR thread to the top.

bernbomb914
McMark I will not be in the A/C event as I still have not put the motor in my car

Bernie
Dr. Roger
I don't care if I have to trailer my damn car. I'm going to be there. !!!

=-)

Roger
grantsfo
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 24 2007, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(porschecb @ May 24 2007, 08:05 PM) *

That is pretty normal these days... It takes talent Michael but it can be done. Charles Shultz can easily be set up as a two car on course site.

We just had a Zone 7 event there and had about 60 cars and got 7 runs. As long as ESCA is organized everyone should get plenty of runs. That spectator fee blows however.
ConeDodger
While it is too bad about the spectator fee, I think it is gracious of ESCA to take us in. Mark had a number of headaches putting the autocross in to the event calender. It is possible to do independently but two partner organizations were well... reluctant. PCA RR did not want to be involved until I introduced Mark to their president and at that point we were within a couple months. Too late really. PCA SVR was willing but the logistics made it difficult.
The ESCA idea came along late and Mark took his own time to drive to Santa Rosa for a meeting and even then didn't get immediate permission. This works. It is a great location. ESCA will not have a problem running the event. Autocross is what they do. Period.
Putting together one of these events is a lot of headache. I am sure Mark has had some worry and sleeplessness. I bet he still does with the event just weeks away.
Come on down and enjoy some time with people who love the same car you love. Have a good time and you will forget about the extra $20 for spectator fees and such. This event will be worth it.
McMark
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 28 2007, 02:01 PM) *
That spectator fee blows however.

agree.gif I completely agree.

But unfortunately I'm not the one who makes the rules. I'm just making this happen the only way possible.
porschecb
There is nothing gracious about it. You become a member and you enter your car. Its that simple. Dealing with more than 40 cars they have not. I have been in contact with Bob Jenkins and he said they will deal with it as they see fit.? He said they have (overlaped)? before but was not sure how to deal with that many cars. Sounds like they could use your help Rob.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 28 2007, 04:10 PM) *

There is nothing gracious about it. You become a member and you enter your car. Its that simple. Dealing with more than 40 cars they have not. I have been in contact with Bob Jenkins and he said they will deal with it as they see fit.? He said they have (overlaped)? before but was not sure how to deal with that many cars. Sounds like they could use your help Rob.

Even with 60 cars we should be getting 7 - 8 runs each... We should also be taking 6-7 of the top ten times. Not sure who Bob Jenkins is but all 914World non-members will be ESCA real members and that gives them full rights at the event. As for gracious, I still hold that to be true. They could have just said no, not excepted new members and we would have had only one other alternative that involved driving 1.5 - 2 hours to get to the event.
I firmly believe that all it will take for ESCA to do this successfully is to have an eventmaster who gets started on time, and a flag person who keeps the event moving.
We are going to have a blast. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Dave_Darling
Remember, "on time" at the Schultz means 1 hour later than normal autoX time. Makes for a slightly more relaxed morning, I feel. smile.gif

God, I hope I don't get stuck with gate duty again! I've only been to two Schultz events since they got the site back, and I've been "randomly selected" for gate duty both times!!

--DD
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 28 2007, 06:56 PM) *

Remember, "on time" at the Schultz means 1 hour later than normal autoX time. Makes for a slightly more relaxed morning, I feel. smile.gif

God, I hope I don't get stuck with gate duty again! I've only been to two Schultz events since they got the site back, and I've been "randomly selected" for gate duty both times!!

--DD

Gate duty is the best! One shift and youre finished!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 28 2007, 09:29 PM) *

Gate duty is the best! One shift and youre finished!

Not either time I had it... sad.gif

--DD
porschecb
Well! It will be A COLD DAY IN HELL when I have to join another club just to try to pull a 914 weekend get together WTF.gif We could have had a great weekend without trying to split it up! A great drive, show and shine, general meet and greet! Wow!! Who could ask for more? I guess I am the only one who feels this way. Listen: I hope everybody has a good time! But do not, do not tell me to go pound sand and find something to do on saturday just because I do not want to watch or take part in an autocross!! That is not what 914 people do!?????????

Maybe next time we can all get together!

I am done!

Michael

McMark
rolleyes.gif

There will be other people who aren't autocrossing. I encourage you to take action and plan something to do. If you're going to miss out on four days of fun because of 8 hours of autocross, that seems like a real loss.

But if you're done, you're done. We'll catch ya next time! bye1.gif
ConeDodger
Ok.. So I think we can move on... Who's coming to WCR??? Lets get signed up! Only 17 days to go. Looks like I am in the Bumblebee. Not likely the 901 will be together in time for me to bolt everything in.

I wonder if this guy will be there? This was one sweet ride!
BKLA
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 29 2007, 07:32 AM) *

Ok.. So I think we can move on... Who's coming to WCR??? Lets get signed up! Only 17 days to go. Looks like I am in the Bumblebee. Not likely the 901 will be together in time for me to bolt everything in.

I wonder if this guy will be there? This was one sweet ride!

Thanks for the kudos!!! that's me and my son in "BLuByU" - the name my son gave the car. Unfortunately, we will be unable to attend WCR this year. I have had to travel more than expected this year with family obligations, so our plans are to attend the historic races here in Portland, and the ALMS race at Laguna in october.

thanks for think of us!
Demick
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 28 2007, 11:08 PM) *

I do not want to watch or take part in an autocross!!

I am done!

Michael

It sounds like you are pissed off that the weekend includes one event that you personally do not have an interest in, so you have decided to not come at all. That's your decision.

But the autocross is part of the WCR event. I'd suggest opening your mind and participating. Who knows, you might even have fun.
grantsfo
Curious, If one wanted to just do the AX on Saturday what would cost be and is it too late to register?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 29 2007, 09:39 AM) *

Curious, If one wanted to just do the AX on Saturday what would cost be and is it too late to register?

Grant,
Two ways of doing that. One is to register for the WCR. This makes you eligible for any awards given to the 914 subset that is registered if Mark has funding for autocross awards. Or, alternatively you could just join ESCA and come to the event as an ESCA member.
Naturally even though we would love for you to pay the entry and support the WCR you would be a welcome sight either way...
Your ESCA membership gets you in to any event they have at the Shultz or anyplace else for the year.
ConeDodger
And now for another trip down memory lane from last year...

As much as I love my silver car, this green one is just soooooooooooooo gorgeous. Very well kept or restored, either way well worth coming to WCR to see cars like this one. biggrin.gif
Mike D.
FWIW - A few of us have already talked about a wine country tour on Sat. AM with lunch where ever we find ourselves. And then in the afternoon, possibly rounding up a few other stragglers in the parking lot for a few LOW Speed car games.

beer3.gif - no pinky lifting wine glass smilie...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 29 2007, 11:53 AM) *

FWIW - A few of us have already talked about a wine country tour on Sat. AM with lunch where ever we find ourselves. And then in the afternoon, possibly rounding up a few other stragglers in the parking lot for a few LOW Speed car games.

beer3.gif - no pinky lifting wine glass smilie...

I figured someone would... That would be a natural for anyone who doesn't want to autocross. Those of us from the area can suggest a winery or two to visit.
I can think of nowhere better than VSattui for lunch and you should visit sponsor Delicato for sure as well...
There is a serious plethora of things to do if you don't want to autocross.
If you want that smiley you could visit a 911 BBS... Oh wait! I have a 911! Slam on me!!! mad.gif
RoadGlue
I'll be putting together a list of alternative Sat activities for those of you who won't be attending the auto-x. I'll likely do this in a self-guided tour manner, but attendees will likely group up with others.

A few ideas:

- Wine Tasting Tour
- Micro Brewery Tour
- Redwood Grove and Russian River Tour (which can easily include Wine Tasting)

I can also recommend one-off activities for those who don't want to spend the day driving around. Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Petaluma, Sebastopol and Healdburg are all close by, and offer lots to do and see. Sonoma County is very diverse and if you haven't been here before then you're in for a real treat. I'm probably biased though, being that I've lived here my entire life. smile.gif
greenie
Hey Conedogger,

The green one is mine, I'm very proud of her.

This is what she looked like two years ago...

I'm driving her every day to get ready for the trip.

I'll see everyone in a couple of weeks,

Greenie
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ May 29 2007, 02:22 PM) *

Hey Conedogger,

The green one is mine, I'm very proud of her.

This is what she looked like two years ago...

I'm driving her every day to get ready for the trip.

I'll see everyone in a couple of weeks,

Greenie

You should be proud. Very nice. Feel free to snatch and grab those two pictures. See you at the WCR!!!

grantsfo
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 29 2007, 01:52 PM) *

I'll be putting together a list of alternative Sat activities for those of you who won't be attending the auto-x. I'll likely do this in a self-guided tour manner, but attendees will likely group up with others.

A few ideas:

- Wine Tasting Tour
- Redwood Grove and Russian River Tour (which can easily include Wine Tasting)

OMG are you suggesting a "wine and cheese" event for the 914 club? What is the world coming too? biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 29 2007, 06:09 PM) *

OMG are you suggesting a "wine and cheese" event for the 914 club? What is the world coming too? biggrin.gif

You don't like wine and cheese? confused24.gif You're missing out!

I'll be AX'ing (I'll save the wine and cheese for later in the day).

Love,
Dave_Darling
Is there a schedule for the event? I'm being pressured to spend Saturday night at a different dinner.... sad.gif

--DD
RoadGlue
My understanding is that Sat night is being left loose, and there are no scheduled events for that day other than the auto-x.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 29 2007, 09:09 PM) *

My understanding is that Sat night is being left loose, and there are no scheduled events for that day other than the auto-x.

It will morph into what it is. I think Mark is working on something for Sunday as far as dinner is concerned but Saturday most people are feeling frisky enough to want to freestyle.
ConeDodger
So who is this then??? The WCR pre-quiz continues...

Is this Greenie's beauty again? Hmmm I think i liked that car...
ConeDodger
If these beautiful young women seem like they think the cool weather in Portland is to their liking it is probably because they come from even farther north. Who can identify these two?
grantsfo
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 29 2007, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 29 2007, 06:09 PM) *

You don't like wine and cheese? confused24.gif You're missing out!

Love,

You must have missed that fact that I drove a Boxster for 5 years. I'm enjoying a nice Anderson Valley Pinot as I post this evening with an incredible goat cheese and from Pescadero.

I have always thought 914's are more of a brat and brew car.
ConeDodger
So the engine is in the middle you say... But the oil is up here???
ConeDodger
Nice narrow body
ConeDodger
Bumpity - bump!!!
grantsfo
Double bump. Here is my car on the Snoopy course.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 31 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Double bump. Here is my car on the Snoopy course.

Huh... Looks like Snoopy let you keep your rocker panels on that run biggrin.gif
xitspd
Where is the WCR sign up link?

Thanks,

Dan

PS New muffler for 555. LOUD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.