Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is coming to the WCR?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
McMark
Please sign up ASAP for the WCR. Also, please make your hotel reservations ASAP.

As it stands now I'm on the hook for $16,740 worth of hotel rooms. sad.gif

Do I sound stessed out? new_shocked.gif help.gif head_hurts_kr.gif

More details HERE.
McMark
Here is the current sign up list:

jkeyzer
mstein95
effutuo101
Demick
McMark
Rotten Robby
RoadGlue
kenschipper
2-OH!
bernbomb914
Dr. Roger
greenie
fiid
Mueller
Headrage
jeeperjohn56
jgara962
pisces914/911
orange914
teen914
ejm
Andyrew
Chuck Pniower
jimtab
pisces914/911
carreraguy
Twise
jim_hoyland
Scott Bennett
Borderline
ChrisNPDrider
mills914/s
Demick
Mark

You need to not be 'on the hook' for those rooms. What kind of arrangement do you have with the hotel? Should be that they will hold a block of rooms up until a certain date (maybe a month before the event), at which time they release the rooms to whoever wants them. Whatever rooms get filled, great. But you shouldn't be financially responsible for any rooms in the end.

I think that the host hotel is fairly pricey. So many people are looking at alternatives. Especially when the hotel down the street that you mentioned is ~1/3 the price.
McMark
QUOTE(Demick @ May 3 2007, 04:01 PM) *
I think that the host hotel is fairly pricey. So many people are looking at alternatives. Especially when the hotel down the street that you mentioned is ~1/3 the price.

Every other year I've paid around $300 for hotel room and $150 for the event.

This year it's $450 for the hotel room are $25 for the event.

confused24.gif
jimtab
Hey, I'm on the list twice....come on I've lost some weight....
Demick
QUOTE(McMark @ May 3 2007, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Demick @ May 3 2007, 04:01 PM) *

Every other year I've paid around $300 for hotel room and $150 for the event.

This year it's $450 for the hotel room are $25 for the event.

confused24.gif

I'm not complaining - just stating what is my perception of the situation. 914 owners have a choice between spending $150 and $450 for accomodations. I'm guessing that many will go for the cheaper of the two despite the riduculously low event fee.
McMark
av-943.gif

Whoops, sorry Jim. pinch.gif

Demick, I'm not trying to pick on you, just pointing out how the perspective that this year is 'too expensive' isn't really true. wink.gif
grantsfo
Hi Mark,

I had sent a cancelation. Sorry I'm not able to make it.
McMark
Gotcha Grant. All fixed. I did get the cancellation. I just hadn't deleted the entry. wink.gif
ConeDodger
Ok guys we need to step up and get Mark's neck out of this noose. I just got off the phone with the DoubleTree and made my reservations. Mark needs at least 40 rooms spoken for or he owns them...

There are many reasons to stay at the hotel the event is being held at. One big one is the fun happens there and often it is still happening at 2am..
At last years WCC there was bumper backdating going on in the parking lot, beer from the back of a van, bench racing, and just plain fun going on long into the night.

So if you are down the block at the something Inn cancel it. Is a cheap motel room really worth causing Mark all of this stress? Possibly being on the hook for all that money? We have stepped up before to help out when members have had trouble. This is our party. This is our event. Step up and reserve a room.

The time for Mark to reduce the room count or even cancel the event has past.

Don't let Mark get sheeplove.gif
jgara962
agree.gif

That seems like a small list. There are a lot of regular contributors that I expected to be coming that aren't on the list confused24.gif
TROJANMAN
Why are you on the hook for the rooms? We blocked off 40 rooms for the Red Rocks Classic (we used 35) but were NEVER responsible for the 'no shows'? just curious. It doesn't seem normal that you should be responsible for the rooms.

and I'm a "maybe"
Tyring to get some time off to come.
carreraguy
Mark:
Reserving a room tonight. What's the "secret password" for the group rates?
Tom
Allan
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 3 2007, 04:16 PM) *

I just got off the phone with the DoubleTree and made my reservations. Mark needs at least 40 rooms spoken for or he owns them...

confused24.gif Why? I've never seen a hotel allott a block of rooms without a cut-off date.

I want to stay at the cheap place down the street but, if you're gonna get screwed let me know.

Allan
Dave_Darling
I might be able to go, but I cannot commit yet. The memorial for my grandpa might be that weekend...

--DD
Aaron Cox
im a definite maybe. need to get a car finished, and also need to check w/ school + work
McMark
QUOTE(carreraguy @ May 3 2007, 06:53 PM) *
Mark:
Reserving a room tonight. What's the "secret password" for the group rates?
Tom

Here's the info: I just wanted to let you know that your rooms are entered and people can begin calling 800-222-8733 to make reservations under the 914 WORLD WEST COAST. If guests prefer they can also book on-line using the group code WW9.

QUOTE(Headrage @ May 3 2007, 07:37 PM) *
I want to stay at the cheap place down the street but, if you're gonna get screwed let me know.

The event is at the DoubleTree. I wish I had never mentioned the other place. Part of the reason for using the DoubleTree is the fact that they have a large parking lot that they are blocking off for us. We can't all stay somewhere else, and expect the DoubleTree to accomodate our event.
Krieger
Im coming to the events, but I live too close for a hotel room. I'll register soon
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 3 2007, 07:03 PM) *

The event is at the DoubleTree. I wish I had never mentioned the other place. Part of the reason for using the DoubleTree is the fact that they have a large parking lot that they are blocking off for us. We can't all stay somewhere else, and expect the DoubleTree to accomodate our event.

agree.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 3 2007, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 3 2007, 04:16 PM) *

I just got off the phone with the DoubleTree and made my reservations. Mark needs at least 40 rooms spoken for or he owns them...

confused24.gif Why? I've never seen a hotel allott a block of rooms without a cut-off date.

Allan

Allan,
Doubletree has a clause in the contract that says you are on the hook at 90 days out. That was 45 days ago or so... So Mark is on the hook...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ May 3 2007, 08:29 PM) *

Im coming to the events, but I live too close for a hotel room. I'll register soon

You should stay at the hotel. We plan on making you the beer king!
boxstr
Trust me people will put off till the last minute to register. Mark sorry, get out the stomach acid releiver.
CCLIN914NATION
porschecb
I am in!!! drunk.gif beer.gif boldblue.gif chowtime.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif grouphug.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif clap56.gif stones.gif w00t.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
mightyohm
I just booked at the Doubletree.
smj
Just have to sit down tomorrow and figure out how many days I can make it. Will definitely stay at the 2Tree at least one night.
yellowsleep[1].gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ May 3 2007, 07:29 PM) *

Another Santa Rosian... cool
Mike D.
I'm coming. Sorry I haven't signed up yet, I was waiting to see if the wife and kids would be coming along. And we just found out this week, so yes, and two other friends are coming so them and the wife and kids can hit the winerys while I'm doing "silly car stuff" (wife quote)... dry.gif

I get it taken car of this week...
echocanyons
I would love to attend but unfortunately I have to be in seattle the 15-20th of June.

McMark
Who cares about Seattle....really... confused24.gif

av-943.gif J/K!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 4 2007, 09:21 PM) *

I'm coming. Sorry I haven't signed up yet, I was waiting to see if the wife and kids would be coming along. And we just found out this week, so yes, and two other friends are coming so them and the wife and kids can hit the winerys while I'm doing "silly car stuff" (wife quote)... dry.gif

Please all of you stay at the DoubleTree under the West Coast Ramble room rate... Please Please Please...
ConeDodger
Weekend bump... Make your reservations. You have no idea what a little bitch Mark can be when he is stressed biggrin.gif No really, lets not leave Mark out on a limb. If you are going register. If you are staying in Santa Rosa make reservations. This is going to be fun. Lets get it off the ground.
porschecb
Rob: What car are you taking? Carvan on Fri.? Anyone else want to carvan? I am thinking 12:01 pm take off time. ( not meant to be hijack just keeping it near the top) biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 5 2007, 03:35 PM) *

Rob: What car are you taking? Carvan on Fri.? Anyone else want to carvan? I am thinking 12:01 pm take off time. ( not meant to be hijack just keeping it near the top) biggrin.gif

I hope to be taking the silver car. It is still on jackstands but the light is at the end of the tunnel. The Bumblebee may also be there as I offered its use to an out of town teener...
ConeDodger
McMark and an entourage of 914World fun experts are test driving the tour today. Look for reports later. Get your registration in and reserve your spot at the hotel now... biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 6 2007, 02:10 PM) *

McMark and an entourage of 914World fun experts are test driving the tour today. Look for reports later. Get your registration in and reserve your spot at the hotel now... biggrin.gif

I tagged along in my 914 for the 1st 1/4 of the tour today, having made the whole tour with Mark a few months back. I made a few changes to the first 1/2 hour of the route and unfortunately the roads were in piss poor condition, and it ended up being a rather confusing set of turns. This is my backyard, so it's easy for me to get around without a second thought, but it would be a mess for a big group of 914s. Sorry if I killed your kidneys, backs, teeth John, Mark and Chris!

So we're sticking to the original route, which is excellent and easy to navigate. driving.gif

I haven't heard from the rest of the crew though since I split off from them around noon. I have a few photos, and will post them soon.
jgara962
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 6 2007, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 6 2007, 02:10 PM) *

I tagged along in my 914 for the 1st 1/4 of the tour today, having made the whole tour with Mark a few months back. I made a few changes to the first 1/2 hour of the route and unfortunately the roads were in piss poor condition, and it ended up being a rather confusing set of turns. This is my backyard, so it's easy for me to get around without a second thought, but it would be a mess for a big group of 914s. Sorry if I killed your kidneys, backs, teeth John, Mark and Chris!

So we're sticking to the original route, which is excellent and easy to navigate. driving.gif

I haven't heard from the rest of the crew though since I split off from them around noon. I have a few photos, and will post them soon.

You missed out Randy. When we finally got over to Lake Sonoma, we were the only cars on the road. What a great drive. Hilly, with twisty sweepers on a smooth road with no one around. It was perfect.

This is the second time I've been on this drive. If you are considering signing up for the Ramble, do it. The course that Randy and Mark have set up is great. It starts in the wine country, takes backroads to Hwy 1 along the ocean, and then comes back inland through some amazing roads. driving.gif
RoadGlue
That's OK John! I've been over Skaggs at least ten times, and always have a blast. I ended up going back through Forestville, grabbing some lunch and then spending the afternoon with one of my good friends. I'm getting over a flu, so I didn't want to push things. I'll get to do it again in June anyhow!

Good seeing you and your wife today!
boxstr
After attending the last three WCCs you can not beleive how much you will miss out on if you do not stay at the host hotel.You will only hear about it the next morning or read about it later and see the pics, and say to yourself WTF headbang.gif
CCLIN914NATION
Allan
Okay, it's looking like the car might actually be ready if the paint goes on this Friday as planned. Still a butt load of stuff to get it finished but the paint was my biggest concern.

I agree with Craig as far as missing out by staying at a different hotel than where it's being hosted so, I'm going to bite the bullet and make my reservations at the Doubletree.

There better be lot's of scantily clad women staying there... biggrin.gif
McMark
OH MY GOSH! ohmy.gif

That road is SOOOOOOOOO much better in a 914. That was the farthest I've ever driven my car and it held up GREAT! Well except for my new-found hot start issue and the shift bushings that died on the way home. But I had an amazing time. I can't wait to share this road with everyone else!

Can't wait to see those pictures Randy! wink.gif
Chris Pincetich
Gotta find that damn camera! My other thread is dead and I missed the chance for some great photos on the WCR test drive yesterday. I just hope the WCR cruise is half as good as yesterday. 75-80 deg weather, sun, NO FOG, top down, high speed downshifts to third were flawless with the new Rennshift (sorry, I can't shut up about it), barely any traffic on HWY 1, and no mechanical (just cosmetic) problems with the 914. For all you weekend car show cruisers, get out your 10 lb dumbels and start working out those forearms. Skaggs Point Rd is 40 miles of nothing but turns through the forest, hills, along rivers with no gaurd rails on much and no relief for almost an hour. Posted 30 mph, we averaged 50, we passed every car and not a single motorcycle caught us. WOW. FUN. Thanks McMark and Randy for the inspiration beerchug.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2007, 10:33 PM) *

OH MY GOSH! ohmy.gif

That road is SOOOOOOOOO much better in a 914.

What time does the fun run start on Saturday?
Mike D.
Well, I'm all signed up and hotel reserved...

QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 4 2007, 09:21 PM) *

McMark
The FUN starts on Friday, but the amazing drive starts at 9 am on Saturday.
Allan
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2007, 03:51 PM) *

That's kind of early for those of us who like to embibe in adult refreshments on Friday nights.

Can we make it, say, 9:14? w00t.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 7 2007, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2007, 03:51 PM) *

That's kind of early for those of us who like to embibe in adult refreshments on Friday nights.

Can we make it, say, 9:14? w00t.gif

Allan,
You are correct. I don't know what Mark was thinking. The tour will start at 9:14am
boxstr
Allan worte
There better be lot's of scantily clad women there... biggrin.gif
Plan on lot's of scantily clad men there... biggrin.gif
CCLIN914NATION
ConeDodger
Daily bump... drunk.gif

Would you really want to stay somewhere other than the host hotel? Last year people were up half the night... Here are some teaser shots. Don't wait. Registrate!!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 8 2007, 03:44 PM) *

Daily bump... drunk.gif

Would you really want to stay somewhere other than the host hotel? Last year people were up half the night... Here are some teaser shots. Don't wait. Registrate!!!

Bump time... Get your registration in and reserve your room...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.