Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This year's Parade Concours in San Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
More gradifying than the win, was the number of people who dropped by to comment on the rear fog light and/or take pictures.

huh.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 5 2007, 02:48 PM) *

More gradifying than the win, was the number of people who dropped by to comment on the rear fog light and/or take pictures.

huh.gif

No confusion here, Eric. This comment was for Bliznik and Gustl I'm sure!

Paul
orthobiz
BTW, what is that silvery swoopy thing, anyway?

Paul
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 5 2007, 04:50 PM) *

BTW, what is that silvery swoopy thing, anyway?

Paul

Judging by what's left of the hood & the headlights I'd say it USED to be a 914.

cool_shades.gif
Gustl
yeah, that "thing" once was a 914
we discussed it at the Garage quite a long time ago

even if it looks hot, I still can't believe what they did to a 914 chair.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 4 2007, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 4 2007, 10:05 PM) *

James,

We're waiting! How'd it go?
Pat

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 3 2007, 01:24 PM) *

Class and Division win. I haven't hear the group (Preservation) results.

Kind of a hollow victory though. Only competition I had was I, Me and Myself. "I" won. The other two blokes should have prepped more.

More gradifying than the win, was the number of people who dropped by to comment on the car and/or take pictures.

Total tally for the 914's, were 1 each in the Restoration and Preservation classes, 2 in the Performace, 3 GT's in the historical display, and at least 6 in the Paddock (though may have been more that showed and left.

I post a bunch of pictures as soon as I can.

Pay attention, Pat!

Paul

Jeez - I'm an old fart! I sometimes forget whether I'm working on the T or the 914, or the Passat, or, the Sable (that's right, my DD is a Sable - turnkey & go to work.)
Pat
Pat Garvey
James!

My sicerest congrat's. Well deserved!

You ARE the MAN! Jeez, you work hard for what you get & that's a good thing.

Cannot wait for Charlotte! It will be so cool to finally meet the people I respect!

Extremely well done my bud!
Pat
74914LE
Are there any additional pics of the "Lone Restoration class 914 entrant"?
Any idea who the owner is? Starting an Irish Green project myself soon, and
would like to find out more of the story.
Thanks!
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(74914LE @ Jul 6 2007, 07:59 PM) *

Thanks!

I've posted one photo (poor quality) above. I'll be on the road returning to Maine over the next few days. As soon as I can find others I took, I'll post the them with the Owner's name. Will be a couple of days though. Sorry.

Ferg
The green six in the restoration/touring group was the car I sold last year. It now belongs to Peter A and is awesome! So I just wanted to chime in here and say congrats to him and the other fantastic cars. Peter has been working like a mad man for the past 6 months and his work paid off clap56.gif

Ferg
orthobiz
But were there a bunch of 4 cylinder 914's in the concours?

Paul
Ferg
QUOTE(74914LE @ Jul 6 2007, 04:59 PM) *

Thanks!

pm me and I will put you in touch with the owner and many more pics...

Ferg
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 2 2007, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 2 2007, 03:39 PM) *

So...James, did you win????????

I went to PCA.org and all they seem to have is a collection of pics, you can only see one pic at a time. They had a video I didn't download...

I didn't see a results page..

Paul

agree.gif I want to know before I leave late tonight on my one week vacation. Be back the week of July 9th. & can't wait that long.

Tom

James,

I just got back & have to say Congratulations on your win. You deserve it & we are all proud of you in 914 land.

Tom
BTW: It was probably the rear fog lamp that put you over the top popcorn[1].gif

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 8 2007, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 2 2007, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 2 2007, 03:39 PM) *

So...James, did you win????????

I went to PCA.org and all they seem to have is a collection of pics, you can only see one pic at a time. They had a video I didn't download...

I didn't see a results page..

Paul

agree.gif I want to know before I leave late tonight on my one week vacation. Be back the week of July 9th. & can't wait that long.

Tom

James,

I just got back & have to say Congratulations on your win. You deserve it & we are all proud of you in 914 land.

Tom

Hmmm, do I detect a little bias here?
Pat
Jasfsmith

James,

Tom

It certainly was noted by the judges. Pat will have to drill holes in his rear panel and add one if he hopes for a victory next year. <grin>
tod914
way to go James!!! congrads on your win.
orthobiz
[/quote]

It certainly was noted by the judges. Pat will have to drill holes in his rear panel and add one if he hopes for a victory next year. <grin>
[/quote]

I definitely want a signed 8x10 glossy of Pat drilling a hole in Fritz!

Paul
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 9 2007, 03:34 PM) *

James,

Tom

James! blink.gif

Not going to happen! No radio antenna, because it takes drilling. Rear fog.....I never drive my 914 in fog conditions - too much moisture in the air.
Pat w00t.gif
Pat Garvey
[quote name='orthobiz' date='Jul 11 2007, 08:48 PM' post='922290']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I definitely want a signed 8x10 glossy of Pat drilling a hole in Fritz!

Paul
[/quote]
Well, it's not going to........wait just a minute here! I think that after all these years, Fritz can take a bullet for 8x10's of a hole being drilled for, let's say the Fritz For Freedom campaign. Yeah that's it! All of you pay me to drill holes in Fritz for.....charity, yeah. $100 a hole - who wants to sign up? Minimum 5 holes per.

Sorry - this was a blatant hijack....though the offer still exists. Back to you're regular channels!
Eric_Shea
I've never paid for a hole and I never will...
orthobiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 12 2007, 04:29 PM) *

I've never paid for a hole and I never will...

Don't worry, you've paid PLENTY.

Paul
Johny Blackstain
Hasn't every man, in one way or another, paid for a hole? av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif

(forgive me, I couldn't resist biggrin.gif )
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 12 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Hasn't every man, in one way or another, paid for a hole? av-943.gif

cool_shades.gif

(forgive me, I couldn't resist biggrin.gif )

Good point! Though "I" didn't say that.

My position is ....geez, nevermind! Could be in real trouble after the upper post - yeah, my wife reads these things from time to time. It's a parental thing!
Pat
Eric_Shea
Wait til she see's that picture you posted of her in the Porsche shop rag mini-skirt! w00t.gif

(see what happens when you hijack a thread Pat? You get in trouble with the Mrs. and you get everybody going on the wrong path. Who's the moderator of this forum anyway... confused24.gif ) lol3.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 9 2007, 02:34 PM) *

James,

Tom

hello James!! Michael Crandall here I met you in portland and SD.hey thanks for taken pics of my car a SD its the only one besides what i took that turned out nice(Washington State car 274)behind the metal monster good luck in SC i cant make the drive.But i will see you in colorado if you show(u will)maybe i will inter presurvation??scared to be shot down in flames biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.