Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should you responed to a jerk?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 17 2007, 06:58 PM) *

OK, my 4 cents.

The post originally really doesn't belong in the Originality and History forum. And Pat's reply is very similar to other posts he's made. He knows he's a stickler. He knows it can be unpopular but that's just him.

The difference between posting here and writing to customer service or sending an e-mail is that the forum is moderated. Pat also is involved at 914club and at 914purist. He has answered numerous PM's I've sent him with questions about my car. And he does it for free.

This place is like having a family. Hey, maybe it's like being married, like every day is a good day but SOME days are better than others! But you just hang in there, let it roll off your back, post in a different forum.

But I for one will not be like the people who write letters to the editor, canceling their subscriptions because of on article they read and didn't like. So I'm here to stay.

I think the post could have been simply moved to the regular forum, but that's just me. I think Pat tried to handle it as diplomatically as he normally does but I don't think he was flaming, he wasn't way out of line, and most importantly, I don't think he behaved out of character.

Finally, I don't think it's appropriate to call another member a jerk. It starts to sound like another one of those "AA horror story" posts where everyone can chime in and take sides and agree that someone is or isn't an a*hole. Like being family, let's move on.

It is a pretty car and like you said, no where near original! Let's hear more about your wins in the Garage or even in the Show Us Your Car section.

Paul

Ok Paul... Now you have crossed a line. George IS an a*hole. Just ask him. biggrin.gif
URY914
I see the tread is now unlocked but moved to the garage. confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 17 2007, 07:36 PM) *

That would have been the more appropriate response. Less caustic, easier to stomach by Kelly. Strange though that Mr. Garvey has not commented.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 17 2007, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 17 2007, 02:35 PM) *

Gimme a path to follow to the same success!

You need a path to success?? Paaaaaaaleeeeeeease av-943.gif

(folks, if you don't follow the forum... this be the guy who drove his awesome 914-6 across country to win in San Diego!!)

Path to success...

As I've said many times before. My car is a 5 footer. I work hard at distracting any judge that gets closer than 5 feet.... Those who have looked at it closer can attest to that. <grin>

BTW, This year's "infamous" demerit was for having the fuel filter (a clear plastic one at that) in the engine compartment, and not a metal cylinder near the fuel pump. I'm still researching this one.

FWIW, the "original" fuel filter on the 914/4 cars was a dark gray plastic, and mounted before the pump, under the car (70-74) or beneath the fuel tank (75-76). Anyone who says different is full of it. The early cars had it slid into a bracket (similar to the channel for the engine tin rubber) on the firewall, mid cars had a semi rectangular slip in bracket aft of the pump on the right suspension console. The plastic inlet fuel line on those cars was longer than that of the earlier cars, IIRC. The late cars let the filter hang loose in the compartment beneath the tank.

No 914/4 ever had the filter in the engine compartment, and no 914/4 had a plastic fuel filter under pressure.

As for the 914/6, the shop manual shows no provision for a fuel filter, just like a carburetted 911. The Cap'n
URY914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 17 2007, 06:42 PM) *

That would have been the more appropriate response. Less caustic, easier to stomach by Kelly. Strange though that Mr. Garvey has not commented.

I think we should all post pictures of our cars in Pat's forum just to piss him off. happy11.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 17 2007, 08:56 PM) *

I can't stand it ..... Oh the drama

chairfall.gif

more please

popcorn[1].gif

luuuuuuuuuuv THAT AVATAR! smoke.gif
DanT
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 17 2007, 07:54 PM) *

I think we should all post pictures of our cars in Pat's forum just to piss him off. happy11.gif

so if I get California Historic Vehicle plates for my car I can then post pics of it in "his" furum confused24.gif

my car is orignal also....just the way I built it. smile.gif
drew365

Good idea Paul. He might be able to help us get our cars back to original condition! biggrin.gif
MoveQik

av-943.gif
carreraguy
I remember the good ol' days when I had a "traditional" concours-level car and it really bugged me when I was referred to as a "CW" on this forum (in its previous incarnation). Pat's tone and attitude do nothing to encourage 914 owners to enter a PCA concours and that's the shame of it all; now I understand better how some concours folk have come to deserve the CW moniker.
The irony of it all is that when 914's do show up at PCA events, they draw a lot of attention and praise. When I saw Scott's beautiful '73 at WCR07 (People's Choice there for Best 914/4), I encouraged him to participate in a regional PCA concours event - well, this past Sunday he entered his first concours and took first place in the "Full" division - not too shabby!
Later,
brant
I love it when I read these threads and come across this:

" jwalters Jul 17 2007, 05:21 PM Post #46
Spanky, spanky, spanky...
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,068

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: jwalters. "

makes me smile every time
ha..... ha....

drewvw
I personally like to respond to jerks because its usually easy to throw them off balance.

But flame wars are terribly annoying...maybe I am just getting old. dry.gif
EdwardBlume
The 914 is a truly spectacular car that attracts racers, drivers, collectors, and hobbyists who are young, old, rich, poor, and everything in between.

Don't expect anything 914 to be all things to all people, but respect each other. Treat people with kindness if you expect to be treated kindly.

Life is too short to quabble.

I hate Corvettes though. alfred.gif

jwalters
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jul 18 2007, 12:04 AM) *

I personally like to respond to jerks because its usually easy to throw them off balance.

You could not be more right in this regard - just look at the post above the one the quote is taken from (top of this page)- this gent has no idea what is being said because he has the posts "turned off" - hehehehe aktion035.gif

I love it when jerks just come out and proclaim to all they are a jerk! Really funny thing is,,,they think they are being non-jerk!! av-943.gif

But flame wars are terribly annoying...maybe I am just getting old. dry.gif

Very good observation here - especially when noobies post responses or ask questions. There are a few choice individuals on here who believe just because someone has 'just' signed up and is new to the board - they do not know squat and should shut-up....what do these jerks know?? The new guy (or gal, to remain politically neutral) could have been a teener fanatic for a decade and only recently learned of the site?!?

That really pisses me off - but again this fact also allows for individuals to show their true colors <AND> it also allows everyone to see how jerks band together like a pack of hyenas and spew mounds of useless diatribe - You would think some people would realise this........ confused24.gif But they do not which is why it becomes so much fun..... sheeplove.gif

This happens alot --- laugh.gif

To the originator of this thread: need more evidence??? laugh.gif

Hi BRANT bye1.gif dry.gif jerk..... av-943.gif
SLITS
I am a jerk and an asshole. I'm proud of it. Whatayagoin2doboutit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.