Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
So.Cal.914
From NARP:

Late Friday afternoon I received a call from Suzanne, Howard's daughter, regarding his MRI . The test showed that Howard had a major stroke while he was at rest. The result of this stroke is that the Howard we all know and love, would never be the same. The family has decided to let our friend leave us peacefully. I wish I could say more, but even this is difficult to type at this time.

I have opened this forum so that we may grieve together and pay our last respects to a man we all love.
It is expected that Howard will pass sometime this weekend.

Out of respect for Howard, all other board topics have been closed for the weekend. I will be reopen everything on Monday.
azbill
I am so sorry to read this post. I have not had the oppertunity to meet Howard. But I have read many of his posts and like so many here I feel like I know people that I have never met in person. I will miss his humor and his sage advice about insurance matters. Howard, may God keep you near his hart and let you rest in peace. You have left the world a better place.

Bill Shaffer
computers4kids
My thoughts and prayers are with you Howard and your family. I will always remember you.
Mark
Rotary'14
Farewell Howie,, I only met ya a few times, but in those times we had a good laugh. I know you will be missed..
-Rob
plymouth37
What a terrible loss, Howard you will be missed dearly.
Dana.
lotus_65
sad.gif
adios, amigo.

i heard there are some nice twisties up there...
Katmanken
We are all on this earth for a time

And in the end, we are known by our legacy.

A man’s legacy is who he is and what he did. A man’s legacy affects many, good and bad.

Howard, while we have never met, you have left a wide legacy of good that has touched many. Thank you for being you and doing what you did.

To the family, remember him for his good. Use what he taught you and never forget. Teach his goodness to your kids, and the world will be a better place.

Goodby, and may there always be teeners, good times, beer, and rubber hoses to find and sell.

Ken
skline
I met Howard in 04 on the way to the WCC. He came and knocked on my window to wake us up at the meet up place. From then on it was a laugh a minute the rest of the weekend. Then when he got together with Alison Baker, the laughs got even harder and more abundant. He offered to let me drive his car on the way up to the WCC and then let me drive it at the AX since I did not have my car with me. He has attended and contributed to our community more than almost anyone I know. Invited me into his home, came to my home, partied with all of us locals and was always ready to go for a drive. He is what we all wish to be. I know some of the other people here are even closer to him and will be torn emotionally by this more than any can think.

Howard, You will now and always be my inspiration and I for one, will miss you.

Good bye my friend, Via Con Dios

And say hi to my Dad for me would ya?
Lou W
I am so sorry to hear this. I'm going to miss Howard, he was a great guy.

My prayers continue for his family.
plas76targa
Awwwww Man! Not sure what to reply here. I'm shocked. I met Howard at WCC05. Had a brief conversation, I wasn't as fortunate as others to hang out with him but have enjoyed his posts since then. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and to all of us who knew him or knew of him.
ThinAir
Howard passed away this morning. (Club Narp notice)

He's going to be dearly missed. There have been lots of tears here. No eloquent words to offer, just that we've lost another good one.
Gustl
I'm really down sad.gif

I never met Howard in person, but sometimes we had a lot of nice mailings behind the public stage here.
I will miss him ...

hands.gif RIP hands.gif
Ferg
Wow, I'm at a loss. sad.gif

Things will never be the same without him. I'm glad to have known him.

Godspeed Howard

Ferg sad.gif
hwgunner
My Condolences to the family. sad.gif
bondo
Dammit. I've been keeping quiet because so many folks here know him much better than I, but I've been reading the threads for updates several times a day. This sad news caught me by surprise because I had been sending so many positive thoughts his way that I had grown to expect him to pull through.

I think I'm still a bit in denial.
StratPlayer
Oh my, I'm laying in my hospital bed after having colon surgery and tears came to my eyes after reading this. This is a great loss to our community. My heart is very heavy at this time. My condolences to the family and all of howards close friends. I'm very glad to have had the opportunity to meet howard at the RRC in Moab. Good bye Howard..
morph
I am sorry to see him go. sad.gif
i had hoped he would make it .
i can only wish the best for his family and his close friends
james
& family
mikelsr
I am so sorry to hear this. Our condolences go out to Howard's family. Our prayers are with you.
neo914-6
Howard,

Thank you for your exceptional support and humor for the 914 community. clap56.gif You had many gifts and I was glad to have met you at WCC04. It's hard to believe our conversation a few weeks ago would be the last one... sad.gif
markb
We've lost one of our best here today. I feel privileged to have met him.
Howard, you will be missed.

jim912928
Raise a glass to one who has touched so many...Howard has left a good mark on this part of life's journey. Celebrate his life!
Eric_Shea
Thank You Howard. Godspeed.
McMark
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Horrible news. It's a sad time in our world. sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 4 2007, 02:04 PM) *

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Horrible news. It's a sad time in our world. sad.gif

agree.gif

i'm at a loss of words ...
sad.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
been a while since i dropped a tear.

howard, my man, you will be missed more than you know. from the time i met you at canters deli for the pre wcc meeting... and the times you invited us over to your house, and the many cool places we have been together.... you are a riot, a brother, and a great friend.

Drive on, and godspeed bro.

AA
rktmn247
My prayers and condolences go out to Howard's family. When I read of this earlier I had no words. So I fired up my 914 and went for a half hour drive to think about life. I feel a little cheated that I never had the opportunity to meet a man so many in this community hold in such high regard. From his posts on these boards I believe I would have also felt the same way. I hope his journey has many twisties.
ClayPerrine
I didn't write this... but it fits.... It's called "Afterimage" by Rush:

Afterimage

Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon

I remember
How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
I hear the voices

We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
I see the footprints
I remember

I feel the way you would
I feel the way you would

Tried to believe but you know it's no good
This is something that just can't be understood

I remember
The shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods
I hear the echoes

I learned your love for life,
I feel the way that you would
I feel your presence
I remember

I feel the way you would
This just can't be understood...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Godspeed Howard...

May your road be smooth and twisty,
Your 914 full of gas and running strongly,
And your jackstands no where in site.
fiid
Rest in peace, Howard. I'm sad we never met sad.gif.

Our thoughts and condolances to all his family & friends.
euro911
We are deeply saddened. My wife and I were closely keeping our eyes on Howie's progress and hoping for full recovery. It appeared that his condition was improving daily ... then I awoke to read this very disturbing news. Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and numerous friends here.

It has been our pleasure and an honor to know Howard. We will miss him very much ... especially his wonderfully humorous attitude towards life. I know a lot of you will miss him too ...

Howard recently assisted us in acquiring a 914 for my wife. This morning, she officially 'named' her little car ... 'Howard' howard.gif

I actually lost two good friends this week ... Melanie, a gal who could easily be Howard's counterpart (relating to attitude towards life, just the other gender) driving-girl.gif , and Howard driving.gif

Two uniquely funny people who coincidentally passed due to the same condition ... hope to God the 'comes in threes' thing just isn't true.

Hope we meet again some day 'Uncle Howie' ...

orthobiz
I am also deeply saddened by the loss of a great 914 advocate and friend to many here. I never knew or met Howard but I am heartened by how he has touched so many.

Perhaps someone (an administrator? a best friend?) can write a few words about his life, his contributions and save it as a nailed post. I came here long after the passing of Lapuwali and although I have checked the info in that memorial section many times, I have not found anything else about the man.

Maybe a nailed post about Howard would somehow fit in the Lapuwali section, a brief memorial and future reminder about the "fallen teeners." For after all, Howard is about the spirit of the car and should remain part of the spirit of this, my favorite, site!

Paul
watsonrx13
I too am at a loss of words.... sad.gif

God speed Howard....

Please accept my condolences to Howard's family and friends... he will be missed by many...

-- Rob
BMXerror
wavey.gif sad.gif
Mark D.
smj
Very sorry to hear this, and I will keep Howard's family in my thoughts. I definitely feel I've missed out as I never had the privilege of meeting the man in person.
xitspd
To Howie's Family,

Thank you for sharing him with us! Among those who stand, do not sit; among those who sit, do not stand. Among those who laugh, do not weep; among those who weep, do not laugh.

With deepest respect,

Daniel E Callicott
KELTY360
Sadly, I never met the man, but I feel like I knew him well. His humor, wit and irreverence set a standard for this group that means no one takes themselves too seriously and the best thing anyone can do is help out a fellow teener.

I'll miss hearing about the scheduling of Services for Our Lady of Mulholland. A pity he'll never use that AAA card again.

Go in peace Howard.
majkos
sad.gif Dang.

Total lost for words, but Howard is................ well Howard!
A very unique man whom warms everybody presence with his aura.

He'll be miss, but not forgotten
Bleyseng
I am really sorry to hear the bad news about Howard and his turn for the worse.

I met Howard at WCC04 and spent quite a bit of time with him then. Jeroen, Monique, myself and Howard hung out a bunch and swapped cars so us long distance drivers had a 914 to drive in instead of the rental cars. So we all got a good dose of Howard's non-stop humor and he rode along on the trip along the coast....great fun.

A true loss to the community in general! thumb3d.gif

Tom
Sorry to hear about Howard. I also am one of the many who only knew Howard from his posts here and others saying how he was always helping someone in need. Go in Peace Howard, you will never be forgotten by your many friends here.
Tom
Andyrew
Wow,
Ive only met howard a couple of times, had some chats with him, But always had a good time!

Howard was definately one of the highlights of the 914 community!

My family will miss him much!

Im still in shock...

sad.gif
SGB
I never met Howard, but I knew him here.

That I feel such a deep loss is testament to his capacity to reach the marrow.
That was a good man, and that means he made the world better.
roadster fan
Wow. I never got to meet Howard. About a month ago, I arrived home after a difficult day at work and logged onto the "World" and opened a 'cold one'. The first post I see is from Howard with a link to a video he had posted to YouTube.

That video made my whole day! Twistys in a 914, set to some of the best music ever, sipping a frosty beverage.

Thank you Howard for fixing my day and thank you for touching the lives of so many.

Here is the link to the videoHowie Vid. Join me in remembering his life with the video and a beer3.gif

God Speed Howard, and may God bless your family

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Aug 4 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Wow. I never got to meet Howard. About a month ago, I arrived home after a difficult day at work and logged onto the "World" and opened a 'cold one'. The first post I see is from Howard with a link to a video he had posted to YouTube.

That video made my whole day! Twistys in a 914, set to some of the best music ever, sipping a frosty beverage.

Thank you Howard for fixing my day and thank you for touching the lives of so many.

Here is the link to the videoHowie Vid. Join me in remembering his life with the video and a beer3.gif

God Speed Howard, and may God bless your family

Jim

I never met Howard. But one look at the video that Jim just posted and I saw what he loved to do and see. It brought tears to my eyes... I know now, he was my brother. Godspeed Howard.
Doug Leggins
My condolences.

Godspeed Howard
Chuck
My prayers for your family. Godspeed. May heaven afford you plenty of driving.gif and beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
rest easy.

k
will
I am very sadden to hear about this today. I've only met Howard recently at the Big Bear run we just had. I am completely lost for words as I am in shock at this moment.

..................... ... . . ... .....my condolences........
bottomend
Met him a few times at Joe Sharps and once at Leemons. He had a great rasp in his voice. I always thought he should've done cartoons or something. I'll remember him for that voice...
seanery
I always thought I'd get to meet Howard in person, maybe even share a few beverages.

This place won't be the same without you, Howard. Rest In Peace.
boxstr
Howard was a true friend..I will miss you.
Craig
Dr Evil
A heavy heart, and a tearful eye. I met Howard a very few times and in those brief moments I was made to feel welcome and happy. A truly great man has passed...too soon sad.gif mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.