Pages: 1, 2, 3
914dave
EURO911
You have a PM
Dave
euro911
... and you have one now too
euro911
OK ... unless you can hand me a CASH (or equivalent) payment before I sent a check off to George (on 12/26 or 12/27) we're officially closed on this one sad.gif

Drawing a line in the sand for the cut-off date was probably the hardest part of organizing this buy for me behead.gif Hope you're not too disappointed ar15.gif

I think most of the participants were desirous of having the flares in their possession prior to Christmas ... it just took a bit longer than we originally thought to get 10+ confirmed and paid for unsure.gif

From the initial interest that this one drew in just 2 months, I think another buy in a couple of months would probably be very do-able. There are potentially 6 guys and 7 sets on the unofficial 2008 list as of today ... gathering up a several more shouldn't be that difficult confused24.gif

I'll coordinate with George on that issue when I finalize the deal on this one.

Thanks for all your interest
my928s4
Great job Mark, thanks for organizing.

Cheers

Chris
Sleepin
I will prolly get in on the next one Mark!
euro911
Cool Eric ... I'll let you know when the next one gets underway.

I got your other stuff boxed up to go, but apparently me wife cheer.gif has some additional packages that need to go out too dry.gif .. will get to FedEx on Monday or Tuesday

santa_smiley.gif
banger
Does anybody know of a good body shop in SoCal with experience fitting the flares? I would be interested in buying in on the next round.
nsr-jamie
Yeah! I finally got a set of steel GT flares! Yahooooo!! This is awesome!! Now all I have to do is pick them up next summer, strip the car down, weld them on and repaint....I can't wait. Thanks to Mark (Euro 911) for all his help. He went out of his way to help me, thank you again so much !!! Your awesome!! I love this communinity!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 16 2007, 09:48 AM) *

Cool Eric ... I'll let you know when the next one gets underway.

I got your other stuff boxed up to go, but apparently me wife cheer.gif has some additional packages that need to go out too dry.gif .. will get to FedEx on Monday or Tuesday

santa_smiley.gif

You are the man! No super big rush, been working my butt off the last coupla weeks...and the snow puts a hampering on any desire to drive! ....although I am going to go look at a certain Evel Kneivel mobile on friday....he is struggling to get the 2.0 out of it, might strike a deal if I pull it for him!
euro911
QUOTE(banger @ Dec 16 2007, 04:21 PM) *

Does anybody know of a good body shop in SoCal with experience fitting the flares? I would be interested in buying in on the next round.
How the heck are you Chris? unsure.gif

I'm thinking about enrolling in a welding class ... would like to tackle the project myself. I haven't welded anything in over 15 years, so I think need a refresher course welder.gif

idea.gif Post your question as a new topic ... probably get way more response.

banger
Not doin to bad, just happy the year is winding down. Maybe I will actually get to drive the 914 in 2008 smile.gif
Wilhelm
Mark, Thanks for taking the time and energy to assemble this group buy 309.gif . My next step will be to figure out which of my six cars will fall under the axe for the conversion and get started sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif, I'm thinking it will look more time appropriate if I go with one of the 70 or 71's, though sometimes it fun to dare to be differant alien.gif . Man I just love starting new projects, My wife just wishes I could finish them in a timely fashion. biggrin.gif Anyway you have a happy birthday Jesus birthday.gif or whatever holiday of choice and thanks again for organizing all of this. beerchug.gif
euro911
Thanks guys, but you all deserve just as much credit for helping to pull this off ... with Thanksgiving and Christmas and all, you guys jumped right in, and we are there beerchug.gif

... and due to the recent influx of cash, when I return from my impromptu vacation in the Bahamas ... laugh.gif
Wes V
Update please.

Wes V
euro911
I sent you an e-mail Wes, with your shipping info (see the attachment) ... please let me know if everything is in order.

All the other participant's addresses are verified and I was planning to cut the check to AA on Thursday 12/27.

Hope all of youse guys had a nice Christmas and here's looking forward to a great 2008 drunk.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif sheeplove.gif

QUOTE(Wes V @ Dec 26 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Update please.

Wes V
euro911
For those of you who want to track the payment to 'AA', it went out this morning (12/29) via Certified Mail ...

Copy this # 7007 1490 0002 7681 1315 and paste in the box here: USPS Tracking

I just checked, but its not showing in the system as of this post, but it should be active shortly.
Wes V
Is AA going to send out tracking numbers as they ship out the flares?

Wes
euro911
That IS a poignant question, Wes, and I shall ask confused24.gif

... also, tracking on the payment is active now
gerziebaker
Picked up my flares from AA today.
THANKS, Mark and George for making this happen.
My car is already in the body shop waiting on the flares.
Once again, Thanks.
Wes V
I talked to a lady at AA a couple days ago and she said that fedex shipping numbers would be sent out.

I guess the check cleared (since gerziebaker picked up his).

Now I have to sit out on the front porch (in the rain) waiting for mine!

Wes
euro911
Happy New Year Boys and Girls ...

I don't think the check has cleared yet, at least according the e-mail I received from George today (see below), but apparently he feels confident that I'm somewhat solvent laugh.gif

Good deal on the pick-up Chuck. Let me know if you're satisfied with them, and take lots of pix of your project if you can.

I think the current rain storm will be gone by the time FedEx delivers our sets, Wes ...

A few of you didn't provide e-mail addresses, so you guys won't be getting tracking info ... confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif

George Hussey <dr914@autoatlanta.com> wrote:

CC: carrie <carrie@autoatlanta.com>
Subject: Re: Group Buy on 914 'Steel' Flares (12/16/07 update - euro911)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:26:11 -0500
To: Mark Alan Enterprises/ euro911 <>

just got back from my mothers place in Florida and saw your check here. Will handle.

--------------------------------------------------

Jan 2 2008, 12:38 AM, Mark Alan Enterprises/ euro911 wrote:

> Happy New Year George,
>
> I don't think you've started shipping the FLARES yet? ... can John's fenders be redirected per his request? (see below) ...
>
> ((( Also ))), Westley Vann asked if we will be provided with tracking info
>
> Lemme know ...
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
my928s4
Anyone got their tracking numbers?

euro911
The check cleared on Jan 7th.

call me.gif I'll call George on Monday to see where we're at.
Wes V
What's happening?

Wes
euro911
I spoke with Carrie @ AA about an hour ago. She said that seven (7) sets were shipped yesterday and the remainder should be shipped by the end of this week.

She also said e-mailed tracking #s to the participants who provided me with their e-mail address.

I asked her to e-mail me the tracking #s for those who didn't ... and I will provide those few individuals with said tracking #s ...

Wes, your set is yet to be shipped ... same goes for mine dry.gif

Anyone else ...
Please chime in if you've received a tracking # from AA

popcorn[1].gif

Wes V
Got my tracking number.

Yahoo!!

Wes
euro911
Well, all of you should have your individual tracking #s now (check your e-mail) type.gif

Ben & Steve, check your PM inboxes shades.gif

Once you get your shipment, its time to : sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif beer3.gif
my928s4
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 18 2008, 11:53 PM) *

Well, all of you should have your individual tracking #s now (check your e-mail) type.gif

No email yet, cool they are on their way though.

Chris
euro911
WTF.gif
G e o r g e
Mark you may want to cross out your email address on the top of the page as well.

euro911
OH FUCK ... I mean, FUCH busted.gif

Thanks George ... I'll fix that and make sure absolutely NO vital info is disseminated laugh.gif
Sleepin
Hahahaha! Mark, you are cracking be up man!!!!!! biggrin.gif Did you get my email BTW? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
euro911
You young guys are just way too sharp for me parry.gif

I hear that feeble-mindedness only gets worse with age too w00t.gif
my928s4
I will take these over a tracking number any day !!! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

sixgt
Hi Mark,

Do you know if mine shipped yet? I haven't received a tracking #. Thanks,

Garry
euro911
Hmmm ... that's TWO that didn't get notification who should have idea.gif

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe someone hasn't been totally ...

Before I go any further with that thought ... have you guys checked your 'Bulk' or 'Spam' e-mail folders, just in case unsure.gif

Albert's set was delivered here today smile.gif ... maybe they shipped them alphabetically confused24.gif

My notification looked like this:
Jeffs9146
I never got a tracking number either! Have mine shipped? confused24.gif

I checked all of my spam boxes and all of my e-mails just in case I gave you a different one and Nothing in any of them but spam!
euro911
idea.gif Just thought of something else ... wear clean [surgical-type] gloves when handling bare sheet metal so's you don't get your fingerprints all over them.

Not that CSI will be dusting them or anything, but you don't want them to RUST, and they will rust right where you touched them.

I man-handled some 911 floor pans when I got them and when I was ready to use them, guess what unsure.gif

I had to have them etched and primered headbang.gif

idea.gif Jeff Tucker ... Jeff Tucker ... why does that name sound familiar unsure.gif

I just called AA (800) 792 4944), hoping maybe George might still be hanging around, but no dice ... and their customer service mailbox is full, so I wasn't able to leave a message.

I'll call again in the morning and try to get to the bottom of this slap.gif
Jeffs9146
Thanks Mark!

Let me know what you find out!
my928s4
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 19 2008, 05:38 PM) *

idea.gif Just thought of something else ... wear clean [surgical-type] gloves when handling bare sheet metal so's you don't get your fingerprints all over them.

Not that CSI will be dusting them or anything, but you don't want them to RUST, and they will rust right where you touched them.

They came with some kind of coating, they are not bare steal.

Chris
euro911
Did you get yours Chris?
my928s4
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 19 2008, 06:19 PM) *

Did you get yours Chris?

Yes ! See pic above smile.gif
euro911
Cool. I saw the pic, but wasn't sure if those were yours or just a pic you got from someone else confused24.gif

Other than the 'coating' any other observations you want to share?
my928s4
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 19 2008, 06:26 PM) *

Cool. I saw the pic, but wasn't sure if those were yours or just a pic you got from someone else confused24.gif

Other than the 'coating' any other observations you want to share?

Well I simply had to see what they looked like on the car and the wife and kids were impressed (takes a lot to get them that way about car stuff).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

They fit the contours of the body better than I had expected, lots of work ahead but still fun to see on the car.

euro911
Wow! Those pix gave me a woody laugh.gif

I like those high-tech fender holders ... does Pelican sell those? unsure.gif

Glad to hear a good report so far ...

beerchug.gif
drive-ability
Mark,

I haven't received any tracking information ether, I did however get an OK to have them shipped up to my buds house in Washington State...
John stdotjohn@cox.net
euro911
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jan 19 2008, 09:37 PM) *
Mark,

I haven't received any tracking information ether, I did however get an OK to have them shipped up to my buds house in Washington State...
John stdotjohn@cox.net
Got your your PM. Call me when you get up there ... call me.gif
Wes V
Some times the comics hit just too close to reality!

IPB Image

My flairs are scheduled to show up wednesday.

Wes
euro911
Apparently nobody is working at AA today ... will try on Monday dry.gif

FedEx says mine are scheduled for delivery on Thursday huh.gif
jaminM3
I got the tracking number you sent on Saturday, thanks! thumb3d.gif

Oh yeah, I also received the flares too. Ha Ha bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.