Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport in Daytona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
race914
I got one!

Click to view attachment
URY914
I've been looking around at other P-car and racing forums I belong to and Rennsport III pics are all over the place. They are all the same, 917 head on shots, 917-30 interior shots, 935 rear shots. Kinda funny to see the same pics by different people.
race914
Left to Right: Chuck Hicks, Driver #591, 'race914' & 'rwjames'

Click to view attachment

rwjames
Greg,

Nice shot!

Here's an open Six.

Rich
carreraguy
QUOTE(race914 @ Nov 7 2007, 06:12 PM) *

Thanks for the pic - that was me on the driver's side and this other volunteer pushing Pete Stout back to the Brumos pit after his sixer decided to take a break on the way out for his practice runs. He got it started later - great sounding/looking car!
Later,
rwjames
How about a shot of the Porsche Dolphin.
askendall
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 6 2007, 09:10 PM) *

The Garretson Enterprises Walt Mass 1977 IMSA GTU Champion 914-6. This car lives in Florida.

Does anyone know anymore about who owns the car and is it the real deal? Anyone know where more pictures of the car might be from this event? I have wondered for years where this car went and now it pops up at Rennsport III. I have a 914-6 that raced IMSA GTU and am interested in seeing more details of the car to compare mine to. I remember when it was featured in the Automotion catalogue.
smg914
The owner of this car "Claus" is a good friend of mine. He lives on the East coast of Florida and is very difficult to communicate with. He had a computer at one time but couldn't figure out how to turn it on. So email communication is out of the question. There is a nice picture of this car in the June 1992 issue of Panorama and a good article in "Porsche Magazine" prior to becoming Excellence
smg914
Oh and I believe it is VIN # 9141430332 which is on the infamous list.
davep
QUOTE(askendall @ Feb 1 2008, 09:16 AM) *

I have a 914-6 that raced IMSA GTU and am interested in seeing more details of the car to compare mine to.

welcome.png
I really need to learn some of the history of your 914/6 then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.