and
carr914
and street cars in the PCA paddock. Very Nice
carr914
more of this one
carr914
more. I couldn't get enough of this car
carr914
Sahara Beige Steve's old 6 race car, now owned by our friend Frank.
carr914
Good thing I had a water bottle with me, cause I think I threw-up a little in my mouth when I saw the POS next to Frank's car
smg914
I spent 4 days at RR3 and although I was exhausted from being on my feet the entire time, all I can say is that it was one fantastic enent. It was like Porsche racing history version of the red carpet at the Oscars.

It was great spending some time with some of our 914 friends. I especially want to thank everyone that seeked me out at the History of Porsche Cars Display. It was great meeting all of you in person.

Here is a picture of Ralpy Meaney, Me and Armando Serrano.
smg914
Sahara Beige got a log of attention. The positive response was amazing.
smg914
9141430140 - The infamous ONS Fire Trunk that has been converted back to it's original GT state. This car was brought all the way from Germany specifically to be shown at Rennsport Runion III. How significant do you think these Rennsport Reunion's are to Porsche people all over the world. There was a very large percentage of people from Europa in attendance.
carr914
Steve, that picture of your car is GREAT. Gives me a whole new opinion on Sahara Beige and I have seen your car a ton in person.

T.C.
smg914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 5 2007, 01:24 PM) *

Steve, that picture of your car is GREAT. Gives me a whole new opinion on Sahara Beige and I have seen your car a ton in person.

T.C.

Thanks TC. The coolest thing about the sahara beige 914 is that the color is so unique for a 914. I challenge you to find me another original paint 914 in this color. And then to find one in this condition makes it that much more desirable. It's not that it's sahara beige that makes me love this 914 so much; it's the fact that it is the only one known to exist and I would feel exactly the same if it was painted Lizard Green or Ferrite Brown.
911quest
a shot of 59 in action biggrin.gif
rfuerst911sc
TC that black car was a beauty. I parked in the same lot as he did and I walked back to my car about 6 times during the day and I stopped by that car each time hoping to catch the owner. Unfortunately he was never there. I liked the finish on the Fuchs.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Nov 5 2007, 09:35 PM) *

TC that black car was a beauty. I parked in the same lot as he did and I walked back to my car about 6 times during the day and I stopped by that car each time hoping to catch the owner. Unfortunately he was never there. I liked the finish on the Fuchs.

I talked with the owner of the black car at Road Atlanta last spring. Hell of a nice guy and that is the best 914 I've seen Bar none.
Here is a picture Road Atlanta
carr914
What do you say?, URY, Smg, bcheney, rfuerst, scott, others. Lets post one picture a week for the next 3 years to keep the post alive and drum-up a big party in 2010. I've been to all 3 Rennsports and God Willing I plan on #IV.

all the best, T.C.
race914
Just got back to California...

Here's the Saturday 4pm 'meeting' that URY914 organized.

'race914' far right, 2nd from the right is 'URY914', center with red hat is Chuck Hicks, driver of 914-4 #591, with his 'crew' on both sides: 'rwjames' on his right and Chuck on his left, second from left is 'ein 6er'. Far left, is Al Meridith, whose son works for Jake.

Click to view attachment

(11/7: thanks to rwjames for providing the missing member names in the original post!)

More pics to come
race914
Here's the six that in the History of Porsche display on Saturday

Click to view attachment
race914
I visited Chuck Beck's 904 several times each day. wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
I uploading my shots to a flickr account so everyone can view them in a LARGE format. This is taking some time to sort all the 935s together, all the 962s together, all the 914s ......you get the idea.
smg914
The Garretson Enterprises Walt Mass 1977 IMSA GTU Champion 914-6. This car lives in Florida.
carr914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 7 2007, 01:10 AM) *

The Garretson Enterprises Walt Mass 1977 IMSA GTU Champion 914-6. This car lives in Florida.

Yeah, but not in my garage sad.gif

T.C.
rwjames
QUOTE(race914 @ Nov 6 2007, 06:24 PM) *

Just got back to California...

Here's the Saturday 4pm 'meeting' that URY914 organized.

'race914' far right, 2nd from the right is 'URY914', center with red hat is Chuck Hicks, driver of 914-4 #591, with his 'crew' on both sides, second from left is 'ein 6er'. Far left, as much as I try, I can't remember! but his son works for Jake. Sorry I couldn't remember, it was a long weekend

Click to view attachment

More pics to come

I enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday. Sorry we didn't get to go have a cold one. It was a hectic weekend, but it was great.

That is me in the group picture on Chuck's right and Andy on his left. Andy and his father have been restoring 356's for years and years. They are finishing up a Speedster for a guy now. Over the years, before prices took off, they parted out and cut up a several Speedsters. Back then they weren't worth restoring, but today it wouldn't be a big deal. If only you could go back in time.

A big thanks to Steve Gaglione for putting together the historic display. He had some nice cars and I know it wasn't an easy task putting it together

I hope to see everyone again in 3 years.

Rich
rwjames
That is Al Meredith in the dark blue hat and shirt on the far left. He lives in the Atlanta, GA area.

Rich
Gustl
QUOTE(race914 @ Nov 7 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Click to view attachment

anybody know who's car this is ??

bye1.gif Gustl
carr914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 7 2007, 12:18 PM) *

Click to view attachment

bye1.gif Gustl

That is Steve's old SIX that he sold to make room for the 471. Steve's good friend Joe has it now.

T.C.
Gustl
thanks - I always thought Steve kept the six ...
rwjames
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 7 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

bye1.gif Gustl

Wolfgang,

I tried to buy that six from Steve a few months ago, but his neighbor ended up getting it. I wanted it really bad and after seeing it in person, it isn't perfect, but it is a nice six and exactly the type of six I am looking for A few non-original touches like the removed side marker lights and it has some oil leaks, but overall a nice one.

If you want some more photo's of it, let me know.

Rich
Gustl
Rich,

I remember that you were interested in the car - and that you didn't buy it, but I didn't realized that it sold to anybody else

it would be nice to get some more photos - I think you already know my prefered mail address

thanks,
Gustl
jtf914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Nov 5 2007, 09:27 PM) *
I talked with the owner of the black car at Road Atlanta last spring. Hell of a nice guy and that is the best 914 I've seen Bar none.
Here is a picture Road Atlanta

Is his name Greg? From NC? There used to be an identical black 914-6 in the DC area. I think his name was Greg, last I spoke with him he was moving to western NC. Great car, 3.2 with a 915 (converted with original 916 pieces) and at the time he was going to ditch his 915 for a Wevo 915, frosted RSR finish Fuchs 8's/9's (951 fuchs on the front). Really nice guy, he just doesn't do the internet board thing. He told me a story where he and his wife drove from DC to Florida in that 914-6 for the Porsche Parade...

Great pics, wish I could have gone.

-Justin
rwjames
I don't think anyone has posted pics of my favorite, the "Pink Pig 917".
1970 Neun vierzehn
rw,
Thanks for those photos clap56.gif , it's LeMans, 1971 .
race914
QUOTE(rwjames @ Nov 7 2007, 07:36 AM) *

That is Al Meredith in the dark blue hat and shirt on the far left. He lives in the Atlanta, GA area.

Rich

Thanks Rich. It was the end of a long day and I tried to meet everyone but didn't get to everyone... Rich had some great stories about Chuck Beck and Type 4 racing in general. Also said Jake wouldn't let his son off to come to Daytona!! What a busy shop!

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.