Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport in Daytona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Al Meredith
Those of us who plan to attend the Rennsport next week in Daytona. Where should we meet or a central spot to meet and greet. I'll be weareing a 914 blue cap. Al
URY914
How about we meet at the 914 year-by-year display that Steve is organizing? What time is best?
SGB
OK I'll try. I'm also gonna be meeting with the Pelican gang which includes most of you wackos too. I guess that will be Friday night.
GeorgeRud
Will the year by year display be up every day? My wife and I are getting in Friday afternoon, and hoped to see the swap meet and concour on Saturday. Hope to meet some of you face to face.
smg914
The History of Porsche Cars Display will be on display from 9am Friday to the end of day on Sunday. The cars will be in the fenced in area where the driver's motor homes are usually parked (large concrete pads) just across the road from the International Horeshoe turn. There is supposed to be a 10x10 E-Z-UP canopy set up inside the display area and that should be a good place to find me. I will be wearing my Suncoast Region PCA Name Tag.

I look forward to seeing you there.
Steve Gaglione
URY914
4:00 Sat. afternoon? confused24.gif
Al Meredith
4:00 or earlier on Saterday at Steves Display sounds Good to me. Al
horizontally-opposed
Will do my best to be there, too!

pete
Al Meredith
bump
rwjames
Al,

I'll try to meet at the display on Saturday around 4:00 EST.

I will be hanging out most of the weekend in the pit area. My buddy, Chuck Hicks is running his Silver 1973 914-4 in the Gmund group so I'm going down to help out.

If anyone wants to stop by the ROJO Racing pit area and say hello, feel free. You'll get a view of a really low budget race team.

Rich

beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
Hey guys anyone know how much single day admission is? I plan on showing up Saturday but was curious what the ticket price is? You can buy tickets daily for the event right?
RON S.

We all need to remember to bring raincoats and umbrellas dry.gif dry.gif

Looks like it's gonna be a shade of the annual Hershey swapmeet.

Ron
carr914
Advanced ticket price is $30 a day or $60 for the whole thing.
And raincoats and umbrellas are forbidden on any Female. Remember it's Daytona, the unofficial home of the wet T-shirt contest. Let the Puppies breathe!

T.C.
carr914
And for my # 962 post.

T.C. smilie_pokal.gif
race914
4pm Saturday sounds good! Will be good to get together
URY914
Maybe we can also meet up for some beers later.

Is there a bar called "Rusty's"? biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Do any of you folks have tickets to the PCA dinner on Saturday evening? I look forward to meeting some of you at 4:00 Saturday. Julie and I will have our gold colored PCA name tags on, and you'll see that I'm the "biggest" Porsche fan.
rwjames
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 31 2007, 10:43 AM) *

Do any of you folks have tickets to the PCA dinner on Saturday evening? I look forward to meeting some of you at 4:00 Saturday. Julie and I will have our gold colored PCA name tags on, and you'll see that I'm the "biggest" Porsche fan.

I didn't know for sure I was going until last week and the PCA dinner tickets have been sold out for a while, so I won't make the dinner.

Rich
smg914
I won't have a lot of time after 4:00 on Saturday. I will need to get Janie and I back to the hotel up in Ormond Beach so she has the time to get ready for the Saturday evening banquet. Cocktail hour begins at 6:00.
carr914
So, 3:00pm so we can all have a photo-op with the beautiful Mrs Porsche , Janie Gaglione?

T.C.
URY914
I just spoke to a fellow 914world brother and he spoke to the ticket office. The ticket office is saying the tickets only get you in the grandstand. WTF? He is going to call me tomorrow when he gets there and let me know what in the hell is going on. sad.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 1 2007, 05:44 PM) *

I just spoke to a fellow 914world brother and he spoke to the ticket office. The ticket office is saying the tickets only get you in the grandstand. WTF? He is going to call me tomorrow when he gets there and let me know what in the hell is going on. sad.gif

WTF.gif Man I hope that's wrong! Why would they do that? Please keep us up to date on what you find out.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 1 2007, 09:44 PM) *

Any update on this? I was coming today but don't think I will if this is right.

Bob
race914
We made it in last night!

Kinda windy from hurricane Noel but it's moving away...

Headed over to the track now biggrin.gif

See you guy's tomorrow at 4pm.

P.S. in 2004 the ticket got you in the stands and the infield which is where all the vendors & displays are. Hope it's the same this year
URY914
I spoke to Brian about an hour ago:

EVERYTHING IS FINE, THE TICKETS GET YOU EVERYWHERE.
Jax914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 31 2007, 10:52 AM) *

Is there a bar called "Rusty's"? biggrin.gif

..or maybe "Jackstands"... biggrin.gif

I think I'll be driving down Saturday morning....not sure if I'll be there as late as 4, but I'll try...

I'll be sporting my new "Dr. Evil" shirt....

Troy
mpribanic
I went this morning. Tickets for 1 day were $30 at the gate, $60 for the weekend. Plenty of parking in the infield. I posted some teaser pics on the samba. They are on the bottom of page 1 & top of page 2. I took 100+ pics but only posted a few so far. Plenty of 914's in attendance and today was only Friday. I expect Saturday to be pretty crowded.

Here's the link:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261904

Mark Pribanic
rfuerst911sc
What a great day today was!!! I met some of the 914world members and the day was just fantastic, chamber of commerce weather and the cars biggrin.gif Every where you looked,walked it was one beautiful Porsche after another. The Porsche parking corrals must have had 400-500 cars in them it was incredible. I even managed to find two 914 models for my " man room " piratenanner.gif A shout out to TC,Steve and others it was good to see ya beerchug.gif I really have to get this /6 conversion done but my 911 ran awsome as usual beer.gif
Jax914
Had a great day at Rennsport!! Talked to a bunch of 914 owners...but not much 914world.com recognition! Oh well, maybe we'll get a bunch of recruits.

Heres a teaser...

IPB Image

and a link to a whole bunch more...

2007 Rennsport Reunion
1970 Neun vierzehn
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Thanks for the linky! Wish I coulda gone.
mpribanic
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 3 2007, 10:17 PM) *

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Thanks for the linky! Wish I coulda gone.

Got to meet Troy in the corral.

Here's a link to some more pic's that I took as well. If you've been to this thread scroll over to page 2 & 3. Not many pics of 914's but a ton of others.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261904

Enjoy!

Mark Pribanic
SGB
piratenanner.gif

Whoopee!! I'm back home. 1595 miles. I enjoyed seeing a buncha you guys again, and meeting ( in 3d) some others too. I had a blast, but was fully satiated by Sunday morning so I hit the road early and was home by 1:30 in the afternoon- with the help of the change with daylight savings time. I only saw 4 or 5 teeners in the corral, and about that many other street cars parked on the grounds- but there must have been 25 racing / historic 914s. Here are a few pics. 1st one is after I joined up with the R Gruppe, early 911 owners. I was with them 400 plus miles and we made it in less than 5 hours including this stop for gas and lunch.
SGB
goofed upload.....
SGB
Fridays 914 corral. Sweet cars, but not many of 'em.
URY914
T.C. and I got back a few hours ago.
I took over 800 pictures.

I'm tired.
SGB
Saturday
sorry this is a horrible picture
kyracedog
[
Rich, how was Rennsport?
Saw Chuck last week at Putnam.
How are you guys doing these days?

Dan
SGB
Steve's perfet car. Oh I love it. My key didn't fit though. Damn.
SGB
This car had a 3.6 and wevo shifter, among other goodies. It was parked at my hotel, but didn't park with the other teeners at the track.
SGB
I did not go up on the banking in my touring laps. I was afraid the slow speed might result in oil starvation from the tilt of the oil pan... (if I had a dry sump it would be different...)
SGB
bye1.gif
SGB
the only flat 16 917 built. I don't think it worked as hoped... mad.gif
SGB
Derek Bell says "Yes, it has been fun!"
SGB
Sights of Daytona include the Streamliner Hotel. smile.gif
SGB
Doing my obligatory Jack Olsen pic- across from Alfies (a fine bit of history on Ormond Beach)
SGB
Proof there is an Atlantic ocean and my car has been there.
SGB
stand aside for the priceless artifacts please.
SGB
last one- I just liked the way it came out...
URY914
Did any of you guy stay around for the free rides in the yellow 917-30?

No? Sorry you missed it.

biggrin.gif
carr914
My shots of teeners @ RRIII
T.C.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.