914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
J P Stein
Around 25, thus far. This includes some local Porsche
guys that don't come to this BBS.
LS6/914
My work schedule says yes, no family obligations, Ill be there. beerchug.gif
Seagrave
I'm still hoping to go...JP, are you going to email a street address? Anyone from the west metro area of Portland heading up? Jeff
Porsche Rescue
I'll be going. Even driving a 914 I think. Live off Leahy near Barnes Rd. (above St V's). Happy to meet up and caravan if you like.
J P Stein
OK.

I changed my map plans & went with mapquest.

Anybody that wants one email me at has9146@comcast.net.

Or

Here's a link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...&submit=Get+Map

Street addy is 3810 NE 39th St.
914ghost
I don't think I can go, BUT I may need some help.
I'm hoping to deliver a 2.7 / 6 to Seattle next weekend, to SOMEONE..if so I may also be bringing a set of wheels for Craig C Laughlin, who would kindly love for someone to ferry them down to Jp's for him. Is anyone driving something that can accomodate the wheels?
I would meet them maybe saturday morning and hand em' over.
Still not quite solid on the plan, I haven't heard from the guy who wanted the 2.7.
Bob O
Bleyseng
I am planning to take the 914 unless its rainning, I can't stand to drive for 2hrs in that car in the rain. Too many SUV's on the freeway switching lanes without lookin....

Geoff
914ghost
Or maybe theres 3 or 4 914's going?
We could put 1 wheel in each car!!
Just for the heck of it, if the guy decides against taking the 2.7 engine I may consider hauling it down to JP's if someone from down south can't live without it. That may be the only reason good enough for my ol' lady to let me off sat. night.
Bob O
914werke
I had a conflict and didnt think i was gonna make it, yesterday after a bit or V-day charm, its lookin a bit more promising rolleyes.gif
Im w/Geoff was gonna drive the teener unless the weather was foul, but took her out for a spin yesterday and the bitch stranded me(the teener not the Wife).
No start smash.gif after replacing the F'n starter the week before. So unless I can resolve befor next weekend it may be the trk.
So Bob maybe.
rhodyguy
no good on the used selenoid, huh? laugh.gif you guys that are rain wimps crack me up. how long have you lived here?

kevin
Bleyseng
I have driven the 914 in the rain on the freeway and when its rainning I can't see shit from the water off other cars at 70mph!
2 hrs of driving blind in the dark coming back in the rain ain't gonna happen again. If its wet I will be in the Ranger and can take the wheels Bob.
If its nice I will drive the 914, trying this week to get the CD and speakers working again after Blair rewired em.. mad.gif

Kevin, you are the one who can barely drive to Seattle from Tacoma! Talk about lazyass!

Geoff
J P Stein
Hay, I found my MAP from last year. Anybody want a copy?.....it'll be a collectors item in bout a thousand years.

Shoulda had it today.....60ish and sun.

(edit)
NO PM, please. I can't put an attachment onto a reply.
Contact me at: has9146@comcast.net.
boxstr
Yes today would have been good, took the V8 out of the barn, let it breath. Drove great, scared the crap out of myself a couple of times. But I like it.
May have to swap the coil, will not start when hot. Cranks no fire. It is all MSD equipped.
CCLINV8HEAVEN
J P Stein
OOPS.....send me email for a map....PMs doan wurk for that.
Addy:
has9146@comcast.net.

Craig:
Got spark?
reverie
I've decided to go to JP's, too.. autocross can wait.

Anyone staying overnight, want to share a room at Holiday Inn Express, N. Vancouver?..
have a beer or two at JP's, sleep, drive home the next day. cool_shades.gif
boxstr
JP Yes I hear spark, not sure what color spark?? I have an extra Blaster 2 so I will change and see what happens.
CCLINSPRKSNEVADA
J P Stein
That thing has FI, right?

Humm.....it IS a 914, ya know. Vapor lock?
boxstr
Yes it is a V8 914 with Holley Projection (fuel injection) , I am going to look at vapor lock cures also.
CCLINICOULDHAVEHADAV8
914werke
Rog are you gonna drive the teener down?
reverie
Hey, Rich.. yes, that is my goal. I'm getting some work done on it this week.. heating system checked and timing and a/f checked (engine runs hot) on Wednesday, new 195/60 tires mounted + balanced and aggressive street alignment done at Fordahl's on Thursday. I think it'll be ready to go by Thursday afternoon (fingers crossed). I don't need the Mahle for my spare now, so whenever.. no hurry.. smile.gif

If the teener isn't ready, I'll take my '84 RX-7.
Porsche Rescue
JP...it's been so long since the engraved invitations for your soire were received that my aging mind has forgotten the start time. Hate to come too early and get you up. I've seen you in your robe and it's not a pretty sight!
J P Stein
Yeah?.... well it woulda been worser without the robe laugh.gif

1ish is good but you can come earlier to help set up.

BTW, My chair count is low. If ya wanna sit, bring your own chair.
Korijo
I'll bring my own chair laugh.gif
smilie_rolli_1.gif
Seagrave
Jim, I'll give you a call betw 11AM and Noon and then swing by to meet you at your place. We can tour up to JP's together. Let me know if you are planning to go earlier. The weather guessers are still saying the weather will be passable. I'm bringing the teener regardless.
Porsche Rescue
Jeff, I'll be here. See you Saturday.
JRust
I still don't have a 914 but I'll try to make it up. I'm afraid my wife has the day planned allready though. I'll just have to put my foot down & if I'm still alive I'll be there wink.gif
double-a
for anyone who's planning on attending and might want (or need) to get their teener (or whatever you drive to jp's) detailed while you're in vancouver, a buddy of mine just opened a detail shop in town and is offering 25% off to anyone who mentions the 914club. premier auto detail, 360-737-0808. josh is his name, and he's quite an accomplished detailer. just thought i'd pass along this shameless plug if'n anyone was interested. wink.gif

~a
Brad Roberts
I'm bringing WEVO 915 conversion parts with me (for show and tell)

B
Bleyseng
So what time is this meeting at JP's?

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Who was it that wanted to share a room on Friday/Saturday night ??

I'll need a place to stay (cheap) and sluts are ok.

B
J P Stein
Kerist, doesn't any body read this drivel ???....well, I can't much blame ya laugh.gif

Geoff: 1 ish
Brad: my place has a bed.....I'm the only slut there, tho. wub.gif
Brad Roberts
OH yeah.. DUH.

I forgot you have an extra room..

B
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 17 2004, 11:52 PM)

Brad: my place has a bed.....I'm the only slut there, tho. wub.gif

How'd that song go???
"who'll take the slut..... er, ahh... Lady with the skinny legs"??? rolleyes.gif
keep da bathrobe on laugh.gif

........b
boxstr
Okay let me see if I have this right, we all meet at JPs Friday night for a slumber party and there will be sluts there. Then we get up at 1ish and we touch a piece of prehistoric 914 history, then we shot the shit and drive around in 914s, then we all go home.
Next weekend, right??
CCLINPJS
914ghost
So...
I'm thinking I may be able to make it...the weather can only stop me.
Who's leaving from Seattle (area) Saturday Morning, where are you meeting, and what time?
And, Who's staying in Van. Saturday and who's returning to Seattle?
I woudn't mind staying in Portland or Vancouver to keep from driving back to seattle sat. night.
I'll split that room with whoever (weather again, permitting) but I got small boobs.
Bob O
scotty
What time are you pushing people out the door JP? There's still a chance I might make it! smile.gif
J P Stein
The weather guessers are saying 51 and partly cloudy...which means mostly sunny...go figure.

Craig is bringing some prehistoric history to fondle....but he may be talkin' about Jim.

It went on far into the night last time...One of the Daves stayed late and Brad didn't leave till the next day wink.gif
scotty
Woohoo! Class gets out at 5pm...I'll drive up if I don't have too much homework (gotta go to class again Sunday though mad.gif ...the things I've got to do to keep current... wacko.gif )
reverie
I need a left rear brake caliper for my '76.. anyone have a spare they can sell to me at JP's?

Still have engine "surging" but going to Gerber or Redmond European for help with that.

Typical last-minute shtuff.. laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
Send a PM to Boxster (Craig Laughlin). He has buckets full of calipers. Probably no way to tell if they need rebuilding or not but I bet his price will be right.
morph
Damn you having alot people over.my inventory of part sells regularly i made some extra parts.but they get bought as fast as i make them.even the extras.
any requests for part to bring or people just wanna see ?my daily driver has a sound solution in it.ill be driving that.when i went to the seattle breakfast it got some crud stuck in one of the IDFs,and ran like crap its running better now that i cleaned my carbs.
i might be alittle early im getting some drive time in havent been able to do that for a while.its always nice to cruze youre 914.and btw its not a show car or powder puff.its a true daily driver the od.stoped working at 475.000 miles and that was in 98.
and it has never left me on the side of the road.and its been to 28 of the 50 states.its more of a friend than a car to me.hope to have a good time meeting some of you.
Bruce Allert
Are we gonna have name tags? Stickys that we can write our club name & reglar name. Din't we have that last JP meet? Shore do hep alot when we put face to name (or name to face) wacko.gif If'n they're needed I can bring 'm along with a cooler of
FAT TIRE beerchug.gif

............b
scotty
I'll be the one in the "phantom" 914 with the single malt. wink.gif
Bleyseng
This is what it looked like last time..........Brad, Craig and Tom's wife
Korijo
We'll be leaving tomorrow (Fri), and stay in Hillsburito.

We will prolly get to JPs at 1p. If 3 or 4 of you sluts... uhmm... guys could hang out down by the road to help unload my chair, that'll be great.

I really enjoy this kind of stuff. Last one wasa blast. THANKS JP !! clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
Sure, Bruce, bring some name tags.
We gots food & beverages.....but no beer. You gotta bring your own beers & chairs.
DNHunt
What time are you Seattle guys gonna roll thru Tacoma? I'd like to meet up. Company on the road is kinda fun?

Dave
reverie
Stupid space-time continuum.. Korijo's heading out on Friday, me on Saturday, not sure about Geoff and RichD and los otros muchachos.

Rich, I'll probably see you at Gerber today. smash.gif
Bleyseng
I'll be heading out at 10AM sooo I be blow by tackyoma at 10:30AM. Call me on the cell phone.
Geoff
boxstr
Kevin told me he has to stay home and sell 914club stickers. Sorry Kevin.
Maybe next time.
CCLINFAST14
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.