Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: did a little work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
6freak
Thats bullshit! as in you tease ..show use the whole car ....that corner looks tuff...purdy or is it pretty ....whatever love the colour smilie_pokal.gif
championgt1
Sweet! I love the black phone dials!! wub.gif
Solo914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 26 2010, 06:04 PM) *

No BS. That is right out of the can. smile.gif more to come as I get her put back together. She should be ready to drive in oh, May... maybe

Right out of the can? Wet sand, cut and buff? Looks good but its still BS to flash us with one tit slap.gif biggrin.gif

Kyle
effutuo101
LOL! I have not wet sanded or cut and buffed this yet. I got it back from the painter this morning.
effutuo101
I will post some pictures this weekend after i get some other stuff sorted out in my garage. I have to make it over to Rich's house tomorrow. Maybe a picture of another phone dial....
effutuo101
The car that started this all.
messix
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 26 2010, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 26 2010, 06:04 PM) *

No BS. That is right out of the can. smile.gif more to come as I get her put back together. She should be ready to drive in oh, May... maybe

Right out of the can? Wet sand, cut and buff? Looks good but its still BS to flash us with one tit slap.gif biggrin.gif

Kyle

and not even any nipple! mad.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 26 2010, 08:49 PM) *

piratenanner.gif That's one of my favorite 914s. I love that colour. drooley.gif
Gint
Looks awesome Chris. More pics!
PeeGreen 914
So are you going to be home this weekend? If you are I would love to swing by.
effutuo101
don't hate the playa...hate the game..

Jon,

where are you sitting tomorrow night?
effutuo101
before anybody asks. That is my wifes BMW R75/6 on the left. The R75/5 hot rod is a fun project and yes, that is RZ350 body work stacked up on it.
PeeGreen 914
Tomorrow night? I'm going to the hockey game with my work.
effutuo101
Yes, I am going with Angela, Kieran, his girlfriend Met for Angela's work. So we will be hanging out ringing cow bells.
jcambo7
Gorgeous car!!!! drooley.gif wub.gif
Solo914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 26 2010, 08:49 PM) *

Chris,

Where can I find more info/pictures of this car. What is its history? What is the history of the smaller square flares?

Forgive me if this was somewhere else.

Kyle
effutuo101
Hi Kyle,
Not much history. they came off of another car and Jeff thought I would like them. We had spoken about doing a small flare car after seeing the picture of the white and lime green car. So, when these came up, we went for it. They are steel with some filler.
The cool thing with these is that you don't need the GT rockers. The thread has almost all of the pictures I have for this car. I will add 1 more I took late last night.
In the end, the car will be Pheonix Red, pewter trim and black bumpers. It should be fun.

After I am done, I will post a before, during and after picture
effutuo101
nuther
Solo914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 29 2010, 09:58 AM) *

Hi Kyle,
Not much history. they came off of another car and Jeff thought I would like them. We had spoken about doing a small flare car after seeing the picture of the white and lime green car. So, when these came up, we went for it. They are steel with some filler.
The cool thing with these is that you don't need the GT rockers. The thread has almost all of the pictures I have for this car. I will add 1 more I took late last night.
In the end, the car will be Pheonix Red, pewter trim and black bumpers. It should be fun.

After I am done, I will post a before, during and after picture

Definitely. I guess I was wondering about the white and lime green car. I love the livery and it is actually giving me some ideas idea.gif biggrin.gif
Ferg
Look great Chris aktion035.gif
effutuo101
Thank you Ferg! Angela says the 2.2 is almost as fun as your 2.7 was. It takes a bit more work, but, she goes!
effutuo101
Got some more stuff done today. It was sort of sureal.

Turn signals in and wired check
Running lights converted to white LED, blocked off from amber portion of front turn signal. Check
all turn signals work check
all hazards work check
head lights work and go up and down check
trim pices for window surronds in check

Tomorrow through Wednesday:
New vinyl on dash
Pull plugs and check
check spark and fuel
Start and run out
Work on front bumper
work on front air dam
Wednesday pick up side skirts and stuff

The pile of crap in my garage for this car keeps getting smaller. Good
The pile of crap in my garage for the RZ is down to 1 or 2 pices. good
The pile of crap in my garage for the r75 is reducing rapidly. good.
Maybe I will get all three projects done in the next few weeks. That would be fantasitc!

Updated picutes are coming this week.
effutuo101
as promised
effutuo101
2 more
effutuo101
before
Gint
Hiya Chris. That looks fantastic!
effutuo101
Hi Bruce! The Punkin is now the great punkin....with fire...
Ferg
Fan Freaking Tastic!!!! Digging the phone dials.

Ferg smilie_pokal.gif
effutuo101
Hiya Gint!
Hiya Ferg!

How are things in the winter wonderland? Hope all is well with the families!
Gint
Everything's cool here Chris. You?
effutuo101
It has been a wierd winter. No snow to speak of, and a couple of long sections of sunny and warm (50 deg) weather. Which means more time to spend on the car without freezing.
We did have one streach of really cold weather. I had Angela out putting a new bumper on her jeep at 19 degrees. The next day was 50. She wasn't very happy about that. But, the bumper was on and good.

effutuo101
lots of grain from my cell phone, but, here is a door.
jcambo7
That looks really good Chris! drunk.gif
effutuo101
Thanks! The dash and the back pad should look the same. More picts to come this weekend.
Root_Werks
It's come a long way Chris, great job! I gotta not be a stranger and swing by sometime. drunk.gif
effutuo101
Hi Dan! swing by. I have lots of stuff going on. Take care and glad to hear from you!
davidj
Awesome project! aktion035.gif Also, great to see another RZ fan. Here's my modified 84 Rz. beerchug.gif (Not finished hissyfit.gif )

IPB Image
914werke
That is sweet!
Not to hi-jack Chris's thread but perhaps you can re-post in the Sandbox (MC) thread & detail some of the mods?
effutuo101
QUOTE(davidj @ Mar 11 2010, 01:20 PM) *

Awesome project! aktion035.gif Also, great to see another RZ fan. Here's my modified 84 Rz. beerchug.gif (Not finished hissyfit.gif )

IPB Image

oh SNAP! very nice. I am with Rich. give it an off topic and let us know what you have done. I have a few items to finish up before I sell this RZ and look for a titled frame and motor. I see a 500cc twin 2 stroke in my future. With the TZ body work!
effutuo101
Good to see you today Dan! Stop by any time!
PeeGreen 914
Dan stopped by today? Wow, been a while since we have seen him smile.gif

Hope all is well Dan beerchug.gif
effutuo101
ready for a test fit Jon? Maybe this weekend?
PeeGreen 914
Saturday night would be good...AX on Saturday day.

Sunday night is fine as well but may have had a few watching the F1 race
drunk.gif
effutuo101
LOL! cool. Getting ready to watch qualifing now.... lets see what the boys have for us this year.
davidj
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 11 2010, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(davidj @ Mar 11 2010, 01:20 PM) *

oh SNAP! very nice. I am with Rich. give it an off topic and let us know what you have done. I have a few items to finish up before I sell this RZ and look for a titled frame and motor. I see a 500cc twin 2 stroke in my future. With the TZ body work!

Will do. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Good to catch up Chris and yes, I'll have to crash a Teener Tuesday soon. It's been a while since I've been able to fart in Troy's general direction. drunk.gif

The 914 looks really good, the flares are crazy cool! Very unique.

Not to hijack, but I tried to purschase my old blue car back. Current owner won't sell though. So not sure what to do at this point. I don't think I have the energy to build another one. confused24.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 12 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Good to catch up Chris and yes, I'll have to crash a Teener Tuesday soon. It's been a while since I've been able to fart in Troy's general direction. drunk.gif

The 914 looks really good, the flares are crazy cool! Very unique.

Not to hijack, but I tried to purschase my old blue car back. Current owner won't sell though. So not sure what to do at this point. I don't think I have the energy to build another one. confused24.gif

Dude! Where ya been! I just did a RootWerks special on my engine tin!

Come on.... ya know you have at least one more in ya! Light up that 914 crack pipe smoke.gif
Root_Werks
Last 914 project I did had lots and lots of this (actual picture):

Reeeeeeealy don't want to get into all that again. laugh.gif
effutuo101
Dan,
We have the technology to make it bigger, better stronger. And help out. We could do another one and have it well sorted out. We could even practice on one first to make sure we have the details sorted.... happy11.gif
Root_Werks
Yeah, yeah. Don't try to get me all juiced up, I'm still only surpervising your roof project. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.