Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: did a little work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
effutuo101
So, Here are some pictures of my car. The donor is a 73 2.0. This car has the trim on the front windsheild.
effutuo101
a little bit of welding
effutuo101
some more...
effutuo101
some cleaning
effutuo101
and paint... then fed the 2.0 some Enzyte...and test fit some parts
effutuo101
some jewlery
effutuo101
spark and oil tank.
effutuo101
and now....drum roll please. JEFF! He has been the driving force behind this conversion. The amount of passion he has for these cars, and the patience to deal with a low brow like myself, is amazing. He has a gift and I really appreciate all of his help on this. A few items to wrap up... gas linkage and electronics and down the road I go. Next is a 5 lug conversion and some new rims/tyres. Then flares and paint. Again. All of my Thanks Jeff! You are a 914 Guru.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Here here... Jeff is a very awsome guy... especially for what he has done for the NW teeners.

So Chris... You going to have that thing on the road in the next few days? beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Yep. Jeff has done a lot for the NW group. As far as drive? I don't know, we will see. the list of to do's gets shorter every day. Tomorrow I will shorten the list some more.
PeeGreen 914
Well, I am swapping transmissions in my Mercedes tomorrow, wife killed reverse sad.gif ,but I will call you when I'm done to see how far you've got.
messix
congrads there buddy!
sixnotfour
Hey, where is your picture ?

I just gave you the to do list. Give yourself a big hand. beer.gif

rhodyguy
you had a 'top hand' giving you a hand. nice work guys.
Gary
Very cool. Looks close. Love the paint!
Gint
Keep at it CHris. Lookin good so far...
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif drooley.gif
Ferg
WOW aktion035.gif super cool, I didn't even know you were thinking of doing a six...

Very nice pray.gif

Ferg
PeeGreen 914
SO is it done yet? If it is dry out we shall go for a spin tomorrow. biggrin.gif I finished the transmision at 9:00pm so I figured I shouldn't call, but I will tomorrow to see how far you are.
roadster fan
wub.gif sweet, keep it up!

Jim
Root_Werks
Sorry I didn't make it over this weekend at all dude. I really wanted to check out the car progress. Wound up dealing with work a little too much this weekend. sad.gif

Can't wait to see you actually driving a 914 again! And a six at that! driving.gif
effutuo101
I understand the work thing. It has made me miss a lot. Not a problem! See you soon Dan!
PeeGreen 914
Looking good Chris. I'm glad I was able to stop by and see it. It muched my air dam on that stupid speed bump but it didn't do any damage blink.gif I would have been pissed at myself if it had. Get that thing streetable so we can go bomb around the city smilie_pokal.gif
effutuo101
One step forward... broke my throttle cable today. so, no progress there. Maybe later this week.
effutuo101
Throttle cable replaced and mounted. It looks like I have full travel. I putted the car around my complex. Now to find the little parts and finish this thing up. Maybe next week I will get it on the open road and break in the motor.
Next step. 5 lug conversion.
effutuo101
It's been a while since I updated this thread. Long story short, I blew up my motor and had to have it rebuild. Fired it up yesterday and Jeff did some dialing in on my carbs and timing. 5 lug conversion complete. I now have a very short list of to do's and should be able to get some serious miles the rest of this week. biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Dec 31 2007, 03:11 AM) *

Jim

nice work fella`s smilie_pokal.gif ...Now pull the headers off and have them alumanized they`ll look great and last ten time longer....maybe we can have a big teener tuesday turnout before summers end idea.gif aktion035.gif
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 23 2008, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Dec 31 2007, 03:11 AM) *

Jim

nice work fella`s smilie_pokal.gif ...Now pull the headers off and have them alumanized they`ll look great and last ten time longer....maybe we can have a big teener tuesday turnout before summers end idea.gif aktion035.gif

WOW i guess better late then never ...just noticed..... av-943.gif av-943.gif at myself
Eric_Shea
Jeff who? biggrin.gif

Jeff is going to finish my car on his way down to RRC (leaving a day early to do it!)
PeeGreen 914
Jeff's the man piratenanner.gif

Can't wait to hear your car rumble Chris. aktion035.gif
Root_Werks
Weather should be getting nicer the rest of the week.

driving.gif
effutuo101
Yep, I am putting the motorcycle in the back of the garage so it is not so easy to ride instead of drive. Also a big thank you to Rich and Jon! the pieces are all falling into place now.
Ferg
pray.gif beerchug.gif
championgt1
Nice! aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 23 2008, 04:14 PM) *

Yep, I am putting the motorcycle in the back of the garage so it is not so easy to ride instead of drive. Also a big thank you to Rich and Jon! the pieces are all falling into place now.

Anytime buddy drunk.gif
sixnotfour
Raise the rev limter abnout 600 rpm's and go race bovy.
hammer time driving.gif
effutuo101
LOL! I will put it to 6500 tonight.
Your work pray.gif is awsome. It was nice to hear it run out at the hands of the expert. aktion035.gif
As far as racing Bovey, we will see. popcorn[1].gif
I don't think there is a contest. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Wow, that's some smack talk blink.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif
effutuo101
biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:29 PM) *

LOL! I will put it to 6500 tonight.
Your work pray.gif is awsome. It was nice to hear it run out at the hands of the expert. aktion035.gif
As far as racing Bovey, we will see. popcorn[1].gif
I don't think there is a contest. biggrin.gif

... popcorn[1].gifI`ll stand back and watch popcorn[1].gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 23 2008, 09:22 AM) *

It's been a while since I updated this thread. Long story short, I blew up my motor and had to have it rebuild. Fired it up yesterday and Jeff did some dialing in on my carbs and timing. 5 lug conversion complete. I now have a very short list of to do's and should be able to get some serious miles the rest of this week. biggrin.gif

Looks like some good work here!

Out of curiosity, how did you blow your motor?

Also- where did you get the awesome battery mount?
Gint
agree.gif Hiya Chris! What happened to the motor? Stock rebuild? Supersize? smile.gif
effutuo101
Hiya Gint! I was a moroon and dropped a nut. I found a nut on the floor and made the big mistake thinking it was the one I lost. Long story short, the nut dropped into piston #5, the nut eventually lodged into the exaust valve and pile drove the piston into it. Much cussing and knashing of teeth happened after I quit laughing (or was that crying?). Jeff came to the rescue and rebuilt the motor in record time for me. I have to say that Jeff is a true enthusiast and has put time, energy and vast amounts of knowledge to my project. He really went above and beyond on helping me. I also have the distiction of hitting the top 10 in catastrophic engine failues due to user error. You should have seen the crap that flew out of the exaust and dropped onto the asphalt.
Motor? hmm. umm ph34r.gif biggrin.gif
Say Hi To Sharon for me!

I got the battery mount at the local hot rod shop. It replaced my battery trey. biggrin.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 30 2008, 12:55 AM) *

Say Hi To Sharon for me!

Hey Chris! beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
When you gonna stop by Chris?
effutuo101
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 30 2008, 08:17 AM) *

Say Hi To Sharon for me!

Hey Chris! beerchug.gif

Hi Sharon!

Dan, what is your schedule? I was thinking about running up to your place later this week.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 30 2008, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 30 2008, 08:17 AM) *

Say Hi To Sharon for me!

Hey Chris! beerchug.gif

Hi Sharon!

Dan, what is your schedule? I was thinking about running up to your place later this week.

Michelle and I gotta go buy a gift for a wedding tonight, but even so, should be around the rest of the week. Started working on Porsche's again so I can hopefully keep my 914. Figure it's a second job, but at least I can stay home. smile.gif
effutuo101
I am really glad to hear that Dan. Maybe Friday evening I can run up and say Hi. I found some more stuff for you.
messix
hey chris i got yer sweatshirt still, you wanna make a run out high bridge to get some break in miles?
effutuo101
Break in miles. hmm. I just raised the rev limiter on my car to 6500, so I am sure that some more miles would be good on it. I ran to the airport last night to pick up my son. (flight 7 hours late) and all around bellevue and lynnwood today. I could probably squeeze something in this weekend, but I will have to see. Want to run up to Dan's with me? you could show me some new back roads. Maybe tomorrow evening or this weekend some time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.