Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 170 HP MassIVe 2056cc beast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
HAM Inc
I continue to be amazed at the power that is being unleashed from these engines. The LE series heads have given us a solid, consistent platform on which to build. The power #'s Jake is getting on pump gas now used to be reserved for higher compression engines on race gas.

Good work, Dude!
EdwardBlume
Agreed.

All this is giving us a lot to dream about.... w00t.gif

What is the max HP a 2056 can get out of a full "kit" and still use the stock FI?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 28 2008, 01:07 PM) *

The Swepco is promising, but it'll take more than this one test to prove that..

I use Swepco based on input from well known engine builder in the SF Bay Area. I abuse my aircooled motor running between 5000 RPM to 7500 RPM on the track for 25 minute sessions 5 or six times a day - 10 times a year. Went a full season with no issues, my motor runs cooler with Swepco as well. I get Swepco a lot cheaper than I can get Brad Penn, Royal Purple etc as well.

Keep on testing Swepco as I think its a fine choice.

Yeah Jake youre all about education! You eat, drink and poop self promotion. LOL! Nothing wrong with that but dont wrap it in this educational BS.
Jake Raby
What is the max HP a 2056 can get out of a full "kit" and still use the stock FI?

Thats been developed for years.. I finally made a purpose built kit for it, the 2056-115 meaning 115 HP.. Thats it safely.

Here are it's details in presentation format
http://www.rdtlabs.com/Presentations/por2056kit.htm

Keeping the stock FI KILLS my ability to manipulate the engine as far as we'd like safely.

Len did a speedy tur around on the heads for this 170 HP beast and it's going back together in dyno cell 1 right now, will be ready for another round this afternoon..

In dyno cell 2 I have our FP production engine.. It's fired up and getting warm for work right now..

Videos from the "dueling dynos" will be ready in a couple of days.. My neighbors really won't like this, just one engine can be heard SIX MILES away....
Jake Raby
Yeah Jake youre all about education! You eat, drink and poop self promotion. LOL! Nothing wrong with that but dont wrap it in this educational BS.

Looks like the real Grant is back.
sean_v8_914
I think its passion more than promotion. fortunate and few are those who play with our toys and earn a living at it. while the masses dred Mondays, guys like Jake blaze through a weekend at the shop and don't even notice its Sunday. self promotion is the unintentional byproduct of his willingness to share his results. I know a salesman when I see one and he is not a salesman
sean_v8_914
ONLY 10 EVENTS A YEAR? damn, I know I'm just a cone chaser to you but I would wither away and die on only 10 runs a year.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 30 2008, 08:25 AM) *

Keeping the stock FI KILLS my ability to manipulate the engine as far as we'd like safely.

What exactly has been your tuning problems with Djet???
grantsfo
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 30 2008, 08:45 AM) *

ONLY 10 EVENTS A YEAR? damn, I know I'm just a cone chaser to you but I would wither away and die on only 10 runs a year.

Ten track events with five to six 25 minute sessions. Thats 2 hours of full out driving each event. 20 hours of full out track driving annually. Then I do 10 to 12 AX events but I really dont see AX evets as anything that stress the motor so I dont count them.
sean_v8_914
not compared to the track time. ax doesnt even get the oil hot. I thought you only did the track stuff. with 10 AX in the track mix, I would say you get your fill
Duffster
Jeeez.... Jake Raby and Z together in the same astral plane... I sense a disturbance in the Force!
Jake Raby
OK here are the numbers before and after the head/ CR changes
Click to view attachment

I have posted the original graph as well for comparison. We re-tested using the exact same oil and the weather is spot on within 1% net from last weeks testing- the jetting and timing remain the same as well.
Click to view attachment

This is what we expected from a drop in deck height, added quench and only .5 digit more CR taking us to 9.45:1. The engine is more responsive and the peak torque was moved down and broadened dramatically with the added CR and port changes that Len did.

This is how we continually capitalize on my combos time and time again. Thanks to len for getting the heads turned around so quickly so I could re-test without ever unbolting it off the dyno!

This chapter is done.... We learned a lot and hope you did too!
Phoenix914
Please don't forget the promised video! Wish my job was that much fun.
HAM Inc
Glad to help, Jake. I love getting feedback on our developments.

I think this clearly illustrates the importance of designing a combo with minimum deck whenever possible. On some street combos it is not affordable to configure for exactly .040 deck. But for competition it is clear the deck is critical to max performance.

That is one ass kicking 2056!
Jake Raby
Please don't forget the promised video! Wish my job was that much fun.

I videoed our production engine instead... It's much more impressive to hear and see!
Chris Pincetich
Killer! Did the F Prod 1.8 (I think) engine beat these #'s????
Race gas, more CR = 100HP/L?? Inquiring minds want to know beerchug.gif
914werke
181hp and 165FP of torque!! out of a 2056 WOW
Jake I didnt see it mentioned, was this combo using Nickies?
Jake Raby
This was not a Nickies combo.. This last pull was also done on the same PUMP GAS that we used for last week's tests at 9:1

FP results will never leave my shop...
grantsfo
I like this video better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvLAQ7XnQs8...feature=related
Jake Raby
Yeah.. Thats 8 years and 50 pounds ago :-)
So.Cal.914
180 hp, that really is something. That is a really talented team you have there. I

look forward to see what happens in the next few years. clap56.gif
Jake Raby
Yes, the torque is more impressive! We are at 90% more HP than a stock 2.0 and almost 75% more torque with LESS THAn a 100cc or 5% gain in displacement..

Gaining 90% more power at less than 7,000 RPM from a 5% displacement increase and running it on pump gas even blows my mind!

The engine is now of the dyno, it passed every inspection on the first try and is being crated for shipment as we speak.. The customer only paid for 150HP :-)
davep
Compare these results with a 1973 911 2.4S engine rated at 190 HP (140 DIN).
grantsfo
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 1 2008, 10:10 AM) *

Compare these results with a 1973 911 2.4S engine rated at 190 HP (140 DIN).

Compare these results to a 1955 Vette 265 V8 engine rated at 195 HP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.