Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG! SirAndy's 914 STOLEN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr. Roger
Dude, I have some time tomorrow ....

Need a hand looking anywhere in particular?

I was cruising Bebe in Oakland and Alameda today and obviously saw nothing.

confused24.gif
rick 918-S
I second that GPS thing! I'm checking into that one! Really sorry to read this Sir.
ClayPerrine
Andy..

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you catch the bastards just so you can get the car back. But it would be a bonus to have a blanket party for them. I am sure the 914 brotherhood would help. aktion035.gif

And a suggestion for everyone... go to THIS website and look up the models of phones. Then go buy a cheap, pre-paid phone that is on the list. Register it on the website, then hide it in the car with it on all the time. Make sure you wire the power cable to the battery circuit so it keeps the phone alive.

Using a pre-paid phone is basically free. Because you never make calls on it, you will never get billed for any use. But the phone is on and reporting its location to you via the website.

If your car disappears, then you just log into the website and go get it back. IF the thieves try to disconnect the battery to foil any tracking devices, the phone battery will keep it the phone active for a couple of days.
jtf914
Man I am so sorry. I feel sick just thinking of all the time and effort you put into it...some people suck...

Good Luck,
Justin
Root_Werks
WTF.gif

Holy sheet! Andy I am so sorry man. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for anything that seems like it could have come from your car. I sure hope you get your car back. sad.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 28 2008, 09:34 PM) *

Andy..

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you catch the bastards just so you can get the car back. But it would be a bonus to have a blanket party for them. I am sure the 914 brotherhood would help. aktion035.gif

Bad thing about using a blanket is that it cushions the blows from 12 guys with large bars of Irish Spring inside wool socks. "Soap in a sock". Saw it used when I was in the Army. Gets the point across really quickly.

Sorry Andy, but you know we're all ready to help when we can.
Pat
echocanyons
Sorry to hear about your car.

Hope it finds it's way home soon!
SGB
We are a small family. G'damn it, I hate to think anyone who likes 914s is that much of an asshole. We manage to disagree about a lot and all still aknowledge personal integrity and honesty are universal. Assholes don't deserve a 914, especially Andy's 914. Damn.
tagtmeyer914
i havent had a chance to check the forum in a couple of days
what a horrible thing to have happen twice in less than a month.
i hate thieves i think our country should have harsher consequences
like some of the middle eastern countries will cut off your hand for theft.
i wish you good luck as i know youve had alternator/electrical problems and
you were hoping to have it ready soon. maybe some vigilante justice should take place. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif gunner.gif gunner.gif gunner.gif smash.gif fighting19.gif boom.gif skull.gif
orange914
o.k. guys (n' gals), copy andy's flyer on page 4, go thru your e-mail and all other 914 and car conections. paste it or attach it to all. also westcoasters espesially turn in the info. to your local police dept.

we're going to locate it, it's a small 914 world afterall

mike
LarryR
Man that really sucks. I just saw the post on craigslist and I was WTF thats Andy's car. It is a fairly unique car so the minute it shows up the people are toast! Good luck recovering it.
Krieger
Andy I am so sorry. I hope she comes back to you very quickly. If things don't work out I know there are enough spare parts and cars on both these sites to get you another project. I hope out of the goodness of our communities/members hearts we could get you rolling again. I have a good 916 front bumper that is now yours. I also have an extra set of 914/4 axles machined for 944 cvs that I copied from you. Now I know why I made an extra set. I know I have other parts too. What can you guys give. I know that engine is gonna be tough.
Andy
jim912928
holy crap!
dinomium
I feel sick. Just SICK
LarryR
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Feb 28 2008, 08:04 PM) *

Andy I am so sorry. I hope she comes back to you very quickly. If things don't work out I know there are enough spare parts and cars on both these sites to get you another project. I hope out of the goodness of our communities/members hearts we could get you rolling again. I have a good 916 front bumper that is now yours. I also have an extra set of 914/4 axles machined for 944 cvs that I copied from you. Now I know why I made an extra set. I know I have other parts too. What can you guys give. I know that engine is gonna be tough.
Andy

I will give 50% off the price on my race car project if he wants it.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/589469755.html
That price is only for Andy ... Hopefully he will just recover his and not be needing another car though.
David_S
Dammit.......this sucks big time !!! I hope it comes back soon and unhurt ! Another pair of eyes and ears in Texas if needed !!
VaccaRabite
Good luck Andy. Thats two cali cars in one month. Hopefully yours turns out positively too.

Zach
Carlitos Way
Sorry to hear that, Andy. I really hope you get your car back!
SirAndy
the car has been recovered!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81392

thanks to all of 'ya for your support, it's very much apprechiated!!
beerchug.gif Andy
73Phoenix20
Pretty ballsy of them, knowing that you were home and decided to come and get it anyway! You could of had good fun with a 12 GA and some 00 Buck, if only you had heard them in time!

1. They didn't do this on the spur of the moment... well planned and executed... they knew where you were and exactly what they had to do to get the non driveable car...

2. They have an immediate market for your 914.. They didn't go to all that planning for a parts donor...

3. Think back... who in the past 3 months has shown any interest in that car? And yes, "friends" are a VERY likely lead to who finally got your vehicle... hate to say it, but most likely it was an Inside Job...

4. Then start thinking about anyone you know with "Money Issues"... as in drugs etc... if they need money and you have something that looks like it is worth money, they will be all over it like ugly on ape...

5. Make a list of "All the Usual Suspects" and interview them yourself... look for uneasiness, short answers, shifty eyes... well, you get the idea. I'll bet you ten to one, the car wound up with someone in your "Circle Of Friends"....

I lost a brand new 26' boat the same way... never did get it back, but we pinned it down to one AHole; he was already in custody, and lawyered up as soon as the subject of the boat came up... I'm waiting for him to get out of jail on the check forging (3 years) and the we can have some "real fun"!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.