Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG! SirAndy's 914 STOLEN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MartyYeoman
Wow Andy. That's enough to really piss you off.
I hope this turns out OK.
headbang.gif mad.gif
keske968
Damn... this sucks... time to start pricing lojack I suppose.... I'd be pissed if mine dissapeared.
jimkelly
another one was stolen recently on this forum and it was quickly found but with some paint damage - hoping for the best pray.gif

jim
orange914
icon8.gif i feel for you andy, what can i do to help out? there might be a way to contact the different bay area citys police deptartments and have them put it on their hot sheets

mike
porschecb
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Feb 28 2008, 02:45 PM) *

There were two posts on 914club to let everyone know about the theft and both are gone now??? Please tell me they weren't deleted. WTF.gif

Looks like it to me. Andy must not get along with someone there.
Brando
no FUCKING way.

If someone finds the guy... bag 'em and tag 'em.
Mrs. K
So sorry Sir Andy! sad.gif

Hope a stroke of luck comes your way and you
find it in ONE piece! smile.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(porschecb @ Feb 28 2008, 03:08 PM) *

There were two posts on 914club to let everyone know about the theft and both are gone now??? Please tell me they weren't deleted. WTF.gif

Then I'll post it! If they delete that, I'll post it again!
Mark D.
Joe Bob
Bummer...I know you put your heart and soul into that ride. Hopefully they'll find it....fingers crossed.
jsayre914
sad.gif Im so sorry, Ill be your eyes on the east coast, ill scan the web for cars/ parts for sale too.
914werke
bs.gif
Sorry to here about this Andy.

R.
JPB
THIS IS PURE S**T!!!! If I find it and the BASTARD, there will be a real set of balls attached to the rear bumper! ar15.gif
BMXerror
914 Club won't allow links to -World on their threads. Bullshit. It's posted again, and if they delete it, I'm gonna spam the shit outta them!
Mark D.
jhadler
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Feb 28 2008, 04:28 PM) *

914 Club won't allow links to -World on their threads. Bullshit. It's posted again, and if they delete it, I'm gonna spam the shit outta them!
Mark D.

I saw your post come up. And then I saw it disappear. WTF?

-Josh2
Gint
Aw damn... Sorry Andy
porschecb
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Feb 28 2008, 03:28 PM) *

Mark D.

They posted a picture of my car when it was stolen a few weeks back! Looks like someone really has a case of the red ass over there for some reason.
Trevorg7
McMark
I posted this same thread (verbatim) on 914Club, but my posts don't show up until an admin approves them. dry.gif

We're just trying to help out a 914 brother and they gotta play politics.... barf.gif
blitZ
That stinks, hope you get her back in one piece and the culprits suffer a fate worst that death.
carr914
No Sense attacking another site. Keep the focus Andy's car is gone

T.C.
Joe Bob
So post the Pelican link....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=395456

If it wasn't Oakland...I would suspect some yuppie condo ordinance where you can't work on your car and some asshat complained and had it towed....
EdwardBlume
This is BS. I know what Andy has in this car and its more than parts and $$$. I'm hoping it turns up.
Rand
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 28 2008, 03:39 PM) *

No Sense attacking another site. Keep the focus Andy's car is gone

Amen. Besides, all they did was merge the duplicate threads into one - which is still up.
Justinp71
Could the city have towed it due to some ordinance of working on the street? I know brett posted something similiar earlier...

If so, how long do the tow companies have to report cars they picked up?

Sometimes the tow companies just tow cars without an initial police report b/c of city rules then they hope that you don't find your car in their lot, so they can sell it after so many days of not being picked up....
biosurfer1
it doesn't look like they are deleting threads at the other site, just merging them since they are all similar
scotty b
Total B.S. Andy I put a link up at Ol SKool Rodz.
Joe Bob
Guys...let's NOT turn this into a us versus them thread. I will delete comments if I have too....
LvSteveH
QUOTE(porschecb @ Feb 28 2008, 03:08 PM) *

Well, McMark's post is back, so that's good, I guess it just went on vacation for a couple hours
Chris Pincetich
Dude! I am so sorry for your loss, and hope it is only temporary.
I am goin to walk the dog by EASY right now and see if they've heard yet, or had any 914 parts come in today. My 70lb dog was the best security system I had when living in Oakland, but I can't lock him in the car every time.
I can donate a few parts to rebuild another 914 for you beerchug.gif
SirAndy
here's a flyer i made ... i'm going to spend all day tomorrow checking out the local tow-yards and salvage yards ...

sad.gif Andy
Engman
Man o man...

So sorry to see this.

I will be on the lookout for anything!

M
gunner.gif are you f ing kidding me. not another one. hope you get it back real soon. and in tact. the nerve of ppl.did he have an alarm of some kind. anything at all?
steven garis
Trevorg7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 28 2008, 04:22 PM) *

here's a flyer i made ... i'm going to spend all day tomorrow checking out the local tow-yards and salvage yards ...

sad.gif Andy

Andy - I have a few hours free tomorrow; Let me know if you have specific tow yards in the SJ/Southbay area that you would like covered.

T
914helo
Just saw this! I'm so sorry sad.gif Wishing the best of luck for you and your car.
purple
Man that sucks! Your car and posts have been really inspirational to me. Maybe it's an angry ex? didnt you get divorced a while back?
Eric_Shea
Andy... sad. sad.gif

Is there any direction you or the police feel we should be looking?

I recall with the last one it seemed like we knew or had an idea it was kids. What scares me about this is it left on/in a truck/trailer etc. Any tire tracks? Anything? Other neighbors... have you gone house to house to see if anyone might have seen anything early in the AM?

Do they check for these things at the boarder? (proper paperwork etc.?)

We'll obviously be your multitude of eyes and ears out there but, if there's any direction you could point the masses, obviously let us know.

sad.gif
JRust
That is total bs.gif stromberg.gif . Everyone will keep there eyes open Andy! This flippin sucks headbang.gif . So sorry dude confused24.gif I don't currently own a shotgun. I'll be happy to go buy one to help you hunt the suns a beaches down ar15.gif
draperjojo
They better hope its the the police that catch them......say hello to my little friend mofo ar15.gif ar15.gif
rfuerst911sc
This really stinks. Hoping for the best.
euro911
It burns my ass to hear about another theft. Hoping for the best outcome Andy.

Another wake up call guys. If you can't afford LoJack or some other tracking system, at least install an electrical and/or fuel cut-off switch.

In Andy's case, that wouldn't have stopped the theft ... so here's a suggestion for keeping an eye on your car if it's parked outside at home (running or not):

Buy a couple of decent color video cameras and a screen splitter (or quad unit) and record the images onto your HDD. If you place the cameras in good locations, and the worst does happen, at least you'll have some good video recording for the PD (or ... )
Dr Evil
If you tow a car across the border the federalies will check your papers and if you dont have them they will send you back to the US. They will have to get it running to take it across the border. That is some good news, at least.
lotus_65
sad.gif
sorry, Sir Andy.

here's hoping for a safe return...
pete-stevers
i am very sorry Andy
i know the frusteration and anger of unjust things happening.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 28 2008, 04:44 PM) *

Andy... sad. sad.gif

Is there any direction you or the police feel we should be looking?

I recall with the last one it seemed like we knew or had an idea it was kids. What scares me about this is it left on/in a truck/trailer etc. Any tire tracks? Anything? Other neighbors... have you gone house to house to see if anyone might have seen anything early in the AM?

Do they check for these things at the boarder? (proper paperwork etc.?)

We'll obviously be your multitude of eyes and ears out there but, if there's any direction you could point the masses, obviously let us know.

sad.gif

I hope Andy's car doesn't get "containerized" with a destination like Singapore or...?
tdgray
Just logging in for the day... been in Union negotiations all day... well this certainly did not brighten my day after that.

Sorry big A... nothing I can do from here other than to say I hope by some miracle you get it back sad.gif
Lou W
I am so sorry to hear this Andy............ sad.gif
GTPatrick
Andy ,

I did a copy/paste of your notice of it being stolen and emailed to a friend of mine out in California and a buddy of mine down in Tuscon asking them to pass it out and keep their eyes open for you car .

It down right sucks big time that some low life stole you car after all of that work.

May the Rat Bastards who stole it get death by bunga bunga ! ! ! ar15.gif sheeplove.gif

I'll keep my eyes open around here in Elvis Land just in case . Good luck bro in getting it back . smoke.gif

GTPatrick beerchug.gif
sww914
This sucks.

Andyrew
This should be all over craigslist... Largest viewed public website we have access to....

I did see this on SF craigslist.. It should be on LA craigslist though..

Andy, let me know if I can do anything to help!
toon1
Sorry Andy, hope they catch those bastards!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.