Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG! SirAndy's 914 STOLEN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
McMark
No joke. Andy just called me. His 914 is gone. ohmy.gif

It was there last night when he got home (late) and his neighbors say it was still there when they all left for work. But he just went out and it's gone.

It's a pretty obvious car. Guards red, 916 F/R bumpers, GT Flares, Cage, 3.6 Engine, black cookie cutter wheels, carbon fiber 911 dash.

That's it. I'm getting a GPS setup for my car. This is CRAZY!!!!

Spread the word.

some more details:

1970 914, started as a /4, converted to a /6 in 2007. full rollcage. 3.6L 993 engine, stock 901 transmission, front oil cooler, 916 bodykit, all molded in, including the rear ducktail spoiler. Carrera brakes all around, front/rear swaybars, koni adjustable shocks front/rear, getty carbon fiber 911 dash.

VIN: 4702912181
CA License Plate: 5DFG801
Engine#: 64R01165
Twise
Holy crap. That sucks man. I hope they find it...
Demick
Unbeliveable...... I'll keep my eyes open for any sign of it.

Demick
drew365
A gun would be too humane for the thief. Bastards are everywhere.
porsche914gt
No hidden fuel pump cutoff switch?
championgt1
Someone just made the wrong person very angry. This is b.s. I feel ill!! barf.gif
PeeGreen 914
WTF.gif Oh this sucks. Sorry to hear this Andy. I hope it makes its' way back to you without damage.
McMark
QUOTE(porsche914gt @ Feb 28 2008, 12:03 PM) *

The motor isn't hooked up completely after his alternator replacement. It was towed away... ohmy.gif
race914
Andy, I hope your car is safely retrieved soon...
biosurfer1
was it parked legally? i rememebr him saying he worked on it outside...any ordinance that says you cant do that? maybe a neighbor called the cops?

here's to hoping it was just towed and not stolen!
messix
CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT! headbang.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif chair.gif chair.gif

some had to have seen something, tow truck towing a car like that.
rktmn247
F***k! barf.gif This sh*t suxs! So sorry for you Andy. I really hope this has a happy ending.
jim_hoyland
Bad news ! ; be sure to call the local towing yards.
Zaney
I spread the word to the Club Site.
Every bit helps! Split or no split, we are all Teeners! blink.gif
horizontally-opposed
BRUTAL!

Just awful. Will keep eyes in Novato and SF peeled.

pete
Rand
ohmy.gif Unfreakingbelievable. I can't believe this is for real. So sorry to hear this Andy.
Damn thieving bastards!
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

I hope it is recovered quickly and unharmed.
JeffBowlsby
RAW deal Herr Schmidt. Will keep on the lookout this side of the hill. Pretty stupid of someone helping themselves to your car...espcially that car...not like its an old grey in cog nito Honda...

jd74914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(porsche914gt @ Feb 28 2008, 12:03 PM) *

The motor isn't hooked up completely after his alternator replacement. It was towed away... ohmy.gif

WTF.gif That sucks Andy. bs.gif
Jeffs9146
sad.gif
blink.gif
barf.gif headbang.gif

stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif
Justinp71
WTF.gif Sorry to hear, hope you get it back complete.

Do you have insurance on it?
LvSteveH
sad.gif ouch, sorry
Dr. Roger
Oh HELL NO....

headbang.gif

they're going to have a tough time parting out THAT car. Everyone knows it.

Robbers are screwed and they don't even know it.
DNHunt
Ah Andy, I feel for you. Hopefully, there is an explanation like it was towed because it was sitting in the same spot for too long. Maybe some neighbor thought it was abandoned or something. I'll hope for the best.

Dave
Heeltoe914
Andy I feel for you, I am so sorry. Life sometimes hits hard. But we are here for you. Let me know if I can help you with parts if the 914 world cant seek this car out from under the trash that has taken it.
I will be on the look out here in SoCal.
Brett W
That fuckin' sucks. WTF is up with 914s getting stolen in CA. I hope you find the guys that did it. Then you can kill them.
SirAndy
Car was parked in the driveway/carport with an eazyup over it. i've been working on it on/off for the last two weeks or so. the neighbours all know it's not abandoned ...

the car was not running, no upper intake or battery. the engine harness wasn't hooked up yet ...

they must have had a trailer or towtruck to get it out of the driveway ...

it was still there when i got home around 2am, it was gone when my neighbour left for work around 9am ...

just finished with the police, they suspect it was taken for the parts or is on it's way south of the border ...
sad.gif Andy
cobra94563
Sorry to hear..I'll keep an eye out in the east bay!

736conver
Holy Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gustl
WTF.gif

Andy, I'm really sorry about that sad.gif

hope it will return to you in one piece ...

jonferns
That sucks so much Andy. Lets hope they find it along with the guys who stole it ar15.gif
brer
sad.gif sorry andy.
I posted a stolen notice on Samba.
Let me know when to take it down.

porschecb
Wow!!!! I know the feeling!! AND IT SUCKS! Hope it turns up like mine did. But to tow it away? That don't look good. WTF.gif
Brett W
Fuckin' illegals.
jgara962
icon8.gif

That sucks. Hopefully someone will spot it.
So.Cal.914
So Sorry... sad.gif
jonferns
Andy, sent you a PM
tracks914
Sorry to hear that Andy.
Maybe there is something good about living above the 49th parallel. They would have to dig through 4 feet of snow in -35°F this AM to steal my car.
brant
Andy,

I'm so sorry.
I can't believe this

brant
Joe Ricard
Damn.

I know everyone will keep an eye out for Parts of Andy's car to show up on Ebay. What is this world coming too.

Never Mind I already know and it sux.
minndodger
Sorry to hear. Makes you want to icon8.gif
Aaron Cox
dude....

it is an unmistakable car..... someone is bound to see it.

That sucks buddy.
AA
KaptKaos
Crap!

That's awful. Sorry to hear this.
Trevorg7
Wow this sucks. I'll keep an eye out.

T
1970 Neun vierzehn
&#$%*&!@ low-life, spineless, dregs of humanity.

Man, all your work and effort. We all hope it's found quickly and un-molested. You know there are many eyes out there looking out for your cars' recovery. Here's hoping.

Paul
Dr Evil
Dude, If I can help at all let me know. sad.gif
bondo
Holy crap, that mega-sucks! I'll keep an eye out around here, if it's headed south it's likely going through SLO.
RoadGlue
Oh man Andy! I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry!

I've forwarded your email out to my other 914 buddies. Crossing my fingers for you.
stateofidleness
eyes open in Texas

if parts DO show up on ebay, someone post it here

best of luck andy
LvSteveH
There were two posts on 914club to let everyone know about the theft and both are gone now??? Please tell me they weren't deleted. WTF.gif
Elliot Cannon
Sorry to hear about the car Andy. For what it's worth, I'll be looking out for it. Looks like I'll be getting some kind of security system for my car in the near future.

Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.