Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serious: Totaled my 914 yesterday, everyone OK :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
anderssj
Mike - sorry to hear about this, but glad you and Chris are OK.

Steve A-
sean_v8_914
WOW.
I am so glad to hear you and Chris are OK. good thing it hit near the A pillar.

so, ...did you lift just before she went into tank-slapping?

I Highly recommend a performance driving school for anyone aspiring to spirited driving activities. It could save your life as it has mine a few times

I wish ya'll well.
TeenerTim
So, has davep asked you to update the status of your VIN yet? poke.gif
auerbach
Click to view attachmentMike -- left you a VM on the cell. On Friday night, the car stuck like glue and you had no problems behind the wheel. Cold tires, cold road, oil spot, weight shift with Craig in the car -- who knows, but you guys walked away. That's what's important.

Look on the bright side, this one is available driving.gif

Dr Evil
Hey Lee,
Thanks for the VM. I am swamped with finishing up my surgery rotation so I cant get back to all of you who call me, but I know you all understand smile.gif

That AA car has no title and no VIN.....Hmmmm, I think I'll pass lest I be part of something nefarious wink.gif
AgPete139
Glad you're okay and Chris is made it out...good luck with everything and the car.

McMark
Wow, two horrific accidents so close together. I"m glad everyone is okay. I think it's a testament to the safety of our cars. IMHO, Porsche/VW did a great job on these little guys.

Get Well Soon!
hcdmueller
Glad you are both okay.

Get well soon and good luck putting another car together.
swl
That was some ride. Really glad both of you are here to chat about it. I guess even go carts have their limits.

Mike - I always considered that car as having the best flare job I've seen on a teener. Sure hope you can salvage them.
Jerry
EvilOne...... Like everyone else, glad you both are OK!! A few years ago I had a Corvette that handled great and a friend and I were driving down a road simliar looking to the road you were on. There was a small curve....much like the one in the photos, I wasn't going fast.... when in the blink of a eye....the Vette swapped ends!!!! I found myself going backwards at around 30 mph !!!! Well, thank heavens for 4 wheel disk brakes!!! I got stopped very quickly and ended up with only the back tires off the road. I racked my brain all that night, wondering what caused it to spin on such a small curve and not going very fast at all. And, just like you, the next morning, I went to the road to search for something.... I found some sand.... like sand and mud that falls off a truck or something. I guessed that the back tires hit the sand just as I entered the curve, and it was just enough to cause the back end to lose traction and swing around!!! I bet you anything something like this is what happened.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Late with the condolences for you and Chris. Maximum bummer. If you cried about this, we'd understand. In a few weeks or months, we'll be hoping to see and hear what it is that you'll do for a 914 encore.

Paul
KaptKaos
Glad you both are ok. Sorry to see this.

Something similar happened to me about 20 years ago in my RX7. Switchback turn and the second one was off camber and threw the weight of the car onto the outside wheels. Arse end came out, over corrected and swapped ends. Wound up going backwards over a curb, fuching up both rear rims pretty good. Thankfully, no injuries, but those oncoming cars scared the crap outta me.

Didn't help that the road was damp too.
drewvw
wow evil, scary stuff. I'm glad you both made it out in one piece....
Andyrew
Rest up guys!! Glad your ok!

Just think of all the good times to come in the new car!(whatever that is)
914nerd
Shit!
Been off the board for a while because of school, I come back, and this.
Good to hear that you're both ok.
Bummer about the car. If you need any parts that I might have in my stash (currently 1 parts car and other misc.), let me know and I will see what I can come up with.
krazykonrad
Glad to here y'all are OK! I can't belive that I somehow missed your post for a whole week. Let us know how we can help.

Konrad
watsonrx13
Man, real sorry about your accident, glad you're both OK...

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.