Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Engine Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
gollygwagen
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 6 2012, 02:52 PM) *

BTW... the perfect 914 (IHMO) 911RSR front suspension. Boxster S brakes. Boxster rear suspension. Boxster transmission. VW W12 motor.

The W12 will bolt up to a boxster transmission with no adapters. And it is shorter than a Porsche six.

Can you say "914-12"????

That's funny, I just posted the same engine. I love it, but out of my budget range. Can you imagine the sound?
ScoopLV
QUOTE(rohar @ Jan 6 2012, 02:31 PM) *

Totally doable. I've got a close friend in Minneapolis with a W12 FWD GOL. Pulls mid 10s in the quarter. The same package should fit nicely in a teener. Pricey, but it'll work.

While we're at it, let's install a couple JATO rocket boosters, and pressurize the cabin for lift-off.

I'll bet we can get a deal on ceramic tiles from a mothballed space shuttle for re-entry.
gollygwagen
QUOTE(ScoopLV @ Oct 19 2012, 01:04 AM) *

While we're at it, let's install a couple JATO rocket boosters, and pressurize the cabin for lift-off.

I'll bet we can get a deal on ceramic tiles from a mothballed space shuttle for re-entry.

Heck yeah, NASA isn't using them. Only seems right if I'm doing NASA TT events! smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
QUOTE(ScoopLV @ Oct 19 2012, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE(rohar @ Jan 6 2012, 02:31 PM) *

Totally doable. I've got a close friend in Minneapolis with a W12 FWD GOL. Pulls mid 10s in the quarter. The same package should fit nicely in a teener. Pricey, but it'll work.

That would be RATO (rocket assist). JATO = jet assist take off. Did any of you ever read the Darwin Award's for the guy that strapped on a couple of RATO's to a 64 Impala?
polo classic
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 6 2012, 10:52 PM) *

I did some measurements of a Boxster up on a lift to see if the whole rear suspension would fit under a 914.

It will... but you could not do it without flares.

And it is one of my long term goals.

BTW... the perfect 914 (IHMO) 911RSR front suspension. Boxster S brakes. Boxster rear suspension. Boxster transmission. VW W12 motor.

The W12 will bolt up to a boxster transmission with no adapters. And it is shorter than a Porsche six.

Can you say "914-12"????

There's a school in Sweden that has made a 014 on a Boxster chassie....

If the W12 bolt to the Boxster trans, does that mean that the Bentley W12 twin turbo cheer.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(polo classic @ Oct 19 2012, 03:07 PM) *

I did some measurements of a Boxster up on a lift to see if the whole rear suspension would fit under a 914.

Can you say "914-12"????

If the W12 bolt to the Boxster trans, does that mean that the Bentley W12 twin turbo cheer.gif

Yes, all the W12 blocks are the same. So it would bolt to the Bentley W12 twin turbo, and the W16 also.

justinevert
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 21 2012, 06:01 AM) *

QUOTE(polo classic @ Oct 19 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Can you say "914-12"????

Yes, all the W12 blocks are the same. So it would bolt to the Bentley W12 twin turbo, and the W16 also.

Now this is getting interesting!!!!

Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.