Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome bumper deal (triple plate)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
porsche914gt
I'm in for 3, and I'll drop off and pick up.
Cool
914dave
Jorge,
This is a great deal! Thanks for the hard work. aktion035.gif I'll get mine off this weekend and shipped. Mine will be arriving a little later than the rest too. Did they give you any idea of turn around time for these?
Dave
Allan
QUOTE(914dave @ May 22 2008, 04:10 AM) *

Did they give you any idea of turn around time for these?
Dave

When I had mine done I was quoted 7 to 10 days. Got a call after 3 days saying they were done.

Your mileage may vary...
kconway
Jorge,
Can I walk my 2 bumpers into this shop this weekend and get in on this deal or do they have to have our names/order info beforehand?

Kev
Dr Evil
I am gonna have my friend inventory his stock. He at least has one rear wink.gif The rest are buried under other parts.
narino

Gladly guys! beerchug.gif

No need to be on the list. I was just tallying the number to make sure we get the 10 bumper minimum required.

I currently have a call into the shop. One of our guys called in and the shop manager said he didn't know about our group deal. Hopefully Victor will come into the shop today so we can get this striaghtened out.

I don't think there will be an issue. I'll post as soon as I get ahold of them.
narino

Just talked to Victor. He assures me there will be no problem. The shop is family run from what I gather so I think everyone has same stake. He said he would talk to Nestor.

When you send your bumpers or take them in, include a note that says Attention Victor.

Attention: Victor
914 club deal
$250 per bumper (including copper in triple plate)

Your contact information.

Cant wait to see pictures of your cars with new shiny bumpers!

sixgt
Jorge,

Thanks for setting up the deal! Will be sending my bumpers down to TBS.

Garry
narino

Hey guys could you post a reply here when you send or drop off your bumpers.

thanks!
warrenoliver
QUOTE(narino @ May 27 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Hey guys could you post a reply here when you send or drop off your bumpers.

thanks!

Jorge,

I sent mine UPS from Madison, Wisconsin on Friday, 5/23. They estimate that it will be at the shop Friday, 5/30.

Warrenoliver
Dr Evil
Warren, how much did it cost you? I am looking for a rough estimate.
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 28 2008, 05:36 PM) *

Warren, how much did it cost you? I am looking for a rough estimate.

Mike,

It cost me $65.73 to ship UPS Ground Commercial. That gets it there in about 4-5 working days. Mine included insurance for $400.00.
BTW, my bumper for a '73 without tits, weighed 21 lbs., including the packing material and the box.

Warren
TedK
OK, I took mine in to Victor today, very easy to work with. He took the time to examine my bumpers and show me where they had been "worked" before (dent repair). He explained that those areas would be less than perfect(slight wave) and showed me an example of what to expect, and it will still look damn good, plus mine is not a show car, so its all good. Was originally going to bring in three, but only ended up with two, thanks again to Jorge for setting it all up.

Ted K
QUOTE(narino @ May 20 2008, 04:28 PM) *

Alright. We got another deal.

With a commitment of 10 bumpers.

$250 per bumper, triple plate (with copper)
$15 per hole to fill
Naturally plus shipping to your home. He said it averages about $60 from LA to Portland, so that should give you an idea to guage what it will cost to ship to you.

Also, sorry no black chrome option. sad.gif

Ok, here is the list of those in. Let me know if I should take you off of it, or add you to it!

2 Narino
1 Warrenoliver
4 Wilhelm
2 914dave
2 freezing14
? Dr Evil's friend

we are at 11 + whatever Dr Evil's friend wants. Sweet! I can't wait for shiny new bumpers! w00t.gif

Anyone else want in?!

I called and spoke to them today and yes the above is correct- $250 per and $15-$30 per hole to fill... even if it's a screw hole -oh one more thing & $8.00 for recycle fee and tax.. Was going to get three done.. changed my mind and going to use $ for a Hans
euro911
Did the subject of flatening out small dents ever come up? (pricing)
TedK
I believe that is included in the base price.
JB 914
QUOTE(narino @ May 20 2008, 04:28 PM) *

Alright. We got another deal.

With a commitment of 10 bumpers.

$250 per bumper, triple plate (with copper)
$15 per hole to fill
Naturally plus shipping to your home. He said it averages about $60 from LA to Portland, so that should give you an idea to guage what it will cost to ship to you.

Also, sorry no black chrome option. sad.gif

Ok, here is the list of those in. Let me know if I should take you off of it, or add you to it!

2 Narino
1 Warrenoliver
4 Wilhelm
2 914dave
2 freezing14
? Dr Evil's friend

we are at 11 + whatever Dr Evil's friend wants. Sweet! I can't wait for shiny new bumpers! w00t.gif

Anyone else want in?!

i've got 2 that i need! am i too late? confused24.gif PM me and let me know.
warrenoliver
i've got 2 that i need! am i too late? confused24.gif PM me and let me know.
[/quote]

Joe,

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. I sent mine by UPS and they just received it on Friday afternoon. You are a lot closer than I am and should be able to get it there faster than I could.

Warrenoliver
narino

Joe - yes, you can still get yours in, I'd take it in by this weekend if you can though.

euro911 - yep minor straightening is included in the base price. Each hole filled is $15.

Sorry I hadn't gotten around to answering questions, thank you to those who pointed them in the right direction.

I believe we have 6 bumpers in there right now, my 2 included. Everyone should be getting theirs back as soon as they are finished. Until we get the 10 minimum they will be holding onto my bumpers to do last. Which is not a problem, as my car is still at the body shop till late next week. Hopefully the remaining bumpers arrive during the next week or so.

beerchug.gif

Dr Evil
My buddy has 3-4 that I have seen, but it is a pain getting them out in my "free time". Is anyone local willing to pick up and drop off some bumpers at GreyHound?

Let me know smile.gif
euro911
QUOTE(narino @ Jun 3 2008, 03:28 PM) *

Joe - yes, you can still get yours in, I'd take it in by this weekend if you can though ...
Guess I'd better get my fanny and bumpers over there then shades.gif
narino
Mike - Do you have the address to where to pick them up? I could get them during the week if they are open later than 7pm. Or if they hold onto them i could pick them up on a saturday.

You'll have to fill me in on how to send them back. Never used greyhound to ship.

dw914er
I should still be in. Just need to pay off a few things, and yea, it will be later, or midsummer.

How long does it take for them to chrome them, and return it?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(narino @ Jun 4 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Mike - Do you have the address to where to pick them up? I could get them during the week if they are open later than 7pm. Or if they hold onto them i could pick them up on a saturday.

You'll have to fill me in on how to send them back. Never used greyhound to ship.

GreyHound is easy and cheap. I can send it to any terminal that is close to you or the shop and the terminals are open very late, usually (like 11pm). If you know where a bus depot is I can look into it and get a few out this weekend. I can talk my friend into kicking down something for you doing the leg work, too smile.gif
narino

Right on. Here is the closest location to my office.

HOLLYWOOD GREYHOUND STA
1715 N CAHUENGA BLVD
Hollywood, CA 90028

Do they hold the packages for a while or would i need to pick them up the same day they arrive?
Dr Evil
It would not be a problem for them to hold it for a day. I could coordinate with you on when to ship it and let you know estimated arrival. Its about 3-4 days from ship date.
narino
Hey guys, just talked to Victor. He's recieved a bumper with no contact info. Only a name.

Is there a Yves Boucharv from New York here? If so please give victor a call at the bumper shop.

Victor
The Bumper Shop
828 E. Florence Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Toll Free: 1800-831-4421
Local: (323) 585-3865
Local: (323) 585-2921
euro911
Has anybody got their bumpers back yet? unsure.gif

Any Report Cards? confused24.gif

I'm gonna try to get up there this week.
narino

Yves Boucharv or a Darringer (from Ogdensburg NY) your bumpers are ready, but Victor does not have your phone number to contact you! Please give him a call, at 1 800 831 4421 .

kconway
Went by The Bumper Shop today to pick up an emblem I had chromed. Loads of 914 bumpers in the shop. Looks good, you guys will be happy.

Kev
TedK
Just picked mine up and they look great! Mine had four small holes to fill and very minor straightening. Sorry no pictures but I am keeping them in the plastic wrap untill its time to install. Thanks again to Jorge for the setup.

Ted K
Allan
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 18 2008, 02:50 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

agree.gif Show us your shinny ass? but dont unzip the front,
euro911
I hope they're still accepting bumpers unsure.gif ... I'm planning to go by there Monday or Tuesday at lunch-time idea.gif
euro911
Well, I didn't make it over there till today, but the deal is still on biggrin.gif

Victor wasn't there, so I dealt with Nestor - no problems

I went through all my spare bumpers and even the best ones needed to be straightened a bit smash.gif
... some holes filled sheeplove.gif
... and one tear welded up welder.gif

... came up to an extra $60., but that's OK

Jorge ... your bumpers are done and look pretty good shades.gif
rudedude
I received my rear bumper yesterday, it looks great!
It had a few little dents that they straightened and did a nice job with.
The finish is as good as original, although I think with a little extra time and expense it could have been perfect.
I would certainly use them again.
Jule

I would add pictures if I was computer literate but am too old to learn!
euro911
Nestor called me this morning and said mine are ready ... I'll go pick them up sometime on Friday biggrin.gif

I WILL post pix stirthepot.gif
Lavanaut
...nice Mark, I was just about to say I can't BELIEVE there aren't any pics here yet.

Feed us!!!
KevinP
I'm in! Let me know when. That is a great price, believe me i have checked around.

KevinP
euro911
"When?" you ask? ... unsure.gif ... NOW

I'm picking up our set in about an hour or so. They are for my wife's '71 1.7 ... one of her birthday presents this year driving-girl.gif

With repairs and tax, ours came up to a tad over $600. ... still not bad.

You might want to call them to make sure they're still good on the price, but I'll ask again when I get up there.
porsche914gt
Couple of pics.
james2
Is it too late?

I would have to ship mine from GA.
euro911
No, it isn't too late ... I informed them that there were a few more members that were still interested in the 'deal' cheer.gif

I'd recommend calling Victor or Nestor to give them a heads-up though confused24.gif
james2
I called and Victor is not in today.

I'll call back Monday. I have my bumpers off already and boxed. piratenanner.gif

Think monday will be to late or do i need to talk to someone else today?
narino
QUOTE(james2 @ Jul 11 2008, 04:37 PM) *

I called and Victor is not in today.

Sorry I've been swamped with work and havn't been able to check the forum.

The 914 bumper deal is still good. I'd get them in as soon as you can, I'm not sure how much longer they will keep it going. Victor is no longer with the shop, but you may speak with Nestor or Bonnie.

beer.gif
banger
I need to have some bumpers re-chromed. Was wondering if anyone else needs it done as well. Maybe we can hit them up for a deal again this year.
jk76.914
QUOTE(banger @ Jun 22 2009, 02:55 AM) *

I need to have some bumpers re-chromed. Was wondering if anyone else needs it done as well. Maybe we can hit them up for a deal again this year.

I'm interested. But I'd like to do it in the fall. After the summer crusin' season.
Jim
ellisor3
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(banger @ Jun 22 2009, 02:55 AM) *

I'm interested. But I'd like to do it in the fall. After the summer crusin' season.
Jim

I have been shopping pricing the last month or so. That price is pretty good, I would be in.

banger
I spoke to them today, and they said that if we get 4 bumpers done, the price would be $280 each. If we can get 10 bumpers together, then the price would drop to $250 each. This includes straightening, small hole filling, and chroming, with a copper base.

Lavanaut
They mention a turn-around time? I'm likely in w/ 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.