Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHP gives cliff a smog ticket for his teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ericread
QUOTE(brer @ Jun 19 2008, 11:49 AM) *

Well, actually, now that you ask. It would be nice if my 914 was driveable.

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Dammit! Now, after all that, we find out that you're not happy? I'm sorry I asked. dry.gif

biggrin.gif av-943.gif biggrin.gif
GringoLoco
Yep. He sounds miserable to me.
brer
at least i got to go surfing this weekend.

ericread
QUOTE(brer @ Jun 19 2008, 12:17 PM) *

Man, you say you went surfing and you show that picture??? You're just asking for rude remarks!!! biggrin.gif Okay, I'm just jealous...

GringoLoco

Yeah, well, I'm planning a nice little tactical assault on a piece of paper tomorrow. Beat that! av-943.gif

IPB Image
ericread
QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 19 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Yeah, well, I'm planning a nice little tactical assault on a piece of paper tomorrow. Beat that! av-943.gif

Yeah, and I bet you just love to go Skeet shooting! sad.gif But who cares about the baby Skeets when the mama Skeet is needlessly killed as a part of you "fun"? And believe me, I've tasted Skeet. It is totally inedible, so don't give me that crap that you are killing Skeet for food!!!

GringoLoco
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 19 2008, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 19 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Yeah, and I bet you just love to go Skeet shooting! sad.gif But who cares about the baby Skeets when the mama Skeet is needlessly killed as a part of you "fun"? And believe me, I've tasted Skeet. It is totally inedible, so don't give me that crap that you are killing Skeet for food!!!

If we didn't kill the Skeets, there'd be too many of them, and they'd run out of food, and then starve to death. See? We're killing the Skeets to save them. And don't worry about the baby Skeets, we eat them too. They just taste a little chalky.
brer
did you name that rifle???

smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Happiness is a warm gun, said the philosopher ....................... Or was that an air to ground rocket launcher? I forget. Maybe Napalm.

The Cap'n
brer
Vera

Looks like a Vera to me.

GringoLoco
QUOTE(brer @ Jun 19 2008, 01:26 PM) *

smile.gif

Lol, I thought about it, but I didn't come up with anything, and it seemed silly anyway. So now I just call it either "my AK" or "the EBR" as a play on how people who want to ban assault rifles would see mine as everything that is wrong with America. (EBR = Evil Black Rifle)

She IS fun to take to the range though. What's really funny is when I take one of my WWII vintage Mausers or Mosin Nagants and the range officer comes over and wants to be my friend, but the next week when I show up with my EBR all I get is glares like I'm some kind of gang member or something. blink.gif
ericread
QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 20 2008, 03:38 AM) *

QUOTE(brer @ Jun 19 2008, 01:26 PM) *

smile.gif

Lol, I thought about it, but I didn't come up with anything, and it seemed silly anyway. So now I just call it either "my AK" or "the EBR" as a play on how people who want to ban assault rifles would see mine as everything that is wrong with America. (EBR = Evil Black Rifle)

She IS fun to take to the range though. What's really funny is when I take one of my WWII vintage Mausers or Mosin Nagants and the range officer comes over and wants to be my friend, but the next week when I show up with my EBR all I get is glares like I'm some kind of gang member or something. blink.gif

I have an SKS rifle I named "Tact". It goes with my philosophy "When dealing with car thieves, always use Tact". bye1.gif

brer
biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
California is the worst state in the union. Crowding, gangs, crime, draconian laws, bad air, brush fires, earthquakes, etc. Don't even THINK of moving here. I encourage you to encourage any friends you have that live here to move out of the state immedialely. If any of your friends say they want to move here, smack them up side the head and show them the first three sentences of this post.
markb
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 20 2008, 12:55 PM) *

California is the worst state in the union. Crowding, gangs, crime, draconian laws, bad air, brush fires, earthquakes, etc. Don't even THINK of moving here. I encourage you to encourage any friends you have that live here to move out of the state immedialely. If any of your friends say they want to move here, smack them up side the head and show them the first three sentences of this post.

agree.gif

biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 20 2008, 01:56 PM) *

agree.gif

Yes! Most definately STAY AWAY!

biggrin.gif

markb
Hey now! Don't be puttin' words in my mouth....

...even if they ARE true. av-943.gif
GringoLoco
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 20 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Dammit, just when I thought I had brokered a peace accord and everybody calmed down, you had to come in here and fire everybody up again. laugh.gif

I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the draconian laws, but it's FAR from being the worst state. Ever been to Texas? hide.gif
Wanna9146
QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 20 2008, 10:21 PM) *
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the draconian laws, but it's FAR from being the worst state. Ever been to Texas?

At least in TX, you can shoot someone breaking in to your house or car. In California, you have a duty to retreat. And shooting someone breaking in to your car? You go straight to jail. bs.gif
Wanna9146

All the smart people ARE staying/moving away. Look at the influx of Californian's into AZ, NM, TX & FL (I see more & more CA plates here every day). You will still be getting immigrants however...unfortunately they will be illegals.
GringoLoco
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jun 21 2008, 06:02 AM) *

QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 20 2008, 10:21 PM) *
I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the draconian laws, but it's FAR from being the worst state. Ever been to Texas?

At least in TX, you can shoot someone breaking in to your house or car. In California, you have a duty to retreat. And shooting someone breaking in to your car? You go straight to jail. bs.gif

My state too, unfortunately. We can only shoot people that are in danger of harming ourselves or another person. We can't shoot to protect property. If you happen to be IN the car, or they're advancing on you demanding keys, go ahead and pop em. If you happen to be inside and see somebody breaking into your car, and you shoot em, you could get homicide. headbang.gif
davesclassicvws
Ah the land of FRUITS and NUTS! screwy.gif
Did you know that California is the only state in the union which has signs on the side of the road which say: "RESUME NORMAL BEHAVIOR" confused24.gif
sww914
Where else can you surf in the morning, ski in the afternoon, and be home for dinner?
California is home to the world's most productive agricultural area, the San Joaquin Valley. The highest peak in the Continental US and the lowest point in North America are both in Ca, in the same county within 90 miles of each other. There are peaks in the Sierras where you can see both spots.
If Ca was a country it would be the world's 6th or 7th largest economy.
Within 8 hours of my house are Thunderhill, Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Fontana, and Willow Springs. Add another 3-4 and you can include Las Vegas and Reno-Fernley.
All of this and I still really really want to move someplace cheaper where they will just leave me alone. And I want it to be warm and still be able to race and surf.
Any ideas?
PeeGreen 914
You have one mountain that is high and it pales in comparison to Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker.
kerensky
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 21 2008, 09:29 PM) *
All of this and I still really really want to move someplace cheaper where they will just leave me alone. And I want it to be warm and still be able to race and surf.
Any ideas?
Cabo San Lucas? smile.gif Granted, racing would pretty much be of the rally variety...
ericread
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 21 2008, 10:52 PM) *

I thought Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker were higher peaks than any other mountains in the continental US.

Those would be in Washington.

av-943.gif hahaha! av-943.gif You kooky Washingtonians!!

No way, you mountains are mere "hills" to Mt. Whitney (14,494 ft.).

laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
Mt Rainier is only 100 ft (14,410 ft) less than that confused24.gif Hardly a hill.
sww914
That's a really pretty little hill. biggrin.gif
Alaska kicks ass in the tall mountains arena, they have the 16 highest in the US.
PeeGreen 914
Coloado has a lot of them but they just don't look all that amazing since it is already high.
ericread
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 21 2008, 11:07 PM) *

Mt Rainier is only 100 ft (14,410 ft) less than that confused24.gif Hardly a hill.

As President Reagan used to say "There you go again..." laugh.gif

In the area of highest mountain in the continuntal US, there is only one winner. biggrin.gif But what the heck. We can all agree that Mt. Ranier is the tallest mountain in..., say....., Washington.

laugh.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 21 2008, 11:07 PM) *

No... but the last 100 ft are the hardest to climb biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Oh and Steve understates California a bit... If California were a country it would be the 5th largest economy in the world...
GringoLoco
The reason most people don't realize CA has a large mountain is because you have to be within 2 miles of it to be able to see it. Damn smog.

laugh.gif
GringoLoco
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2008, 10:53 AM) *

Oh and Steve understates California a bit... If California were a country it would be the 5th largest economy in the world...

That's actually not a bad idea! All this CA vs everybody else politics is pointless. Just let CA be thier own country, and everybody's happy. CA can even elect Paris Hilton as president, if they want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.