FourBlades
You have come so far with this restoration. piratenanner.gif

Looks like light at the end of the tunnel. drunk.gif

John
914itis
Wow! great job, Hope to see a pic of this teener on the road soon
carr914
QUOTE(veltror @ Feb 7 2011, 05:37 PM) *

Well i thought I should post an update. Sadly there has been little progress, this is something I am very unhappy about.

Roman

That is the frustrating part of having someone else doing the work - while they may be Very good at what they do, they don't have the Passion for your car. Believe me, I went through unhappy, angry, frustrating, & joy in the 3 years my car was at somebody's shop.

T.C.
veltror
I do not weld, and since this is being done for me on a mate's rate I just have to grin and bear it...
carr914
Exactly my situation
charliew
Welding is the easy part, the fitting and controlling warping is the tough part. It is coming along though.
veltror
smile.gif Right some more progress NOS rear wing fitted and rusty rear valance cut out. I wish I had some nice new front wings but they are not common in the Uk so i am making do with the used ones I got, they needa bit of work though...
veltror
more pictures
veltror
Well at least there is progress now. the rear wing is now matched as best it can be and the door gaps are pretty good. The rear valaence needed a bit more work then I though but ist is done now. The other thing was that the pipe to bring the air from the round vent in the door jamb to the interior of the car was rotten so that had to be remade. Front valance next , or maybe the other rear wing... huh.gif

Hope you like the pics.

Roman
sixnotfour
Looks Great, with the rubber on the road.
veltror
Well progress is slow but at least there is progress. Sadly the front wing, fender for you yanks, that I accquired last year is u/s but due to the amazing people Ross first.gif I am going to have a nice rust free one from his written off black beauty, and he even sawzalled or what it is called the bottom torsion bar mounting also so here are a few pictures. Note the front panel is trimmed since I obtained a new NOS one which had the right corner cut off, i need the left corner so we were all happy. All going well i should have some pictures of the rear of the car.

Thanks for your messages of encouragement.

Roman

Ductech
Roman. To take a car that so many of us yanks would have run away from crying, and dig that deep into it is an amazing story of devotion. Good luck. i hope you get to drive it soon.
veltror
soon? Haha.......rofl
dlestep
...when I think that I am having a problem with any of my builds, I just log onto
this website and view the depth of what you have had to go through, and the
unwaivering determinination to complete your restoration, and when I have a
seemingly catastrophic problem, I will think...
...WWVD.
mr914
Wow, way more rust than my 914-6 rust-or-ation

Keep up the good work. And thank you, I have seen the soloution to a couple of rust repair options that I have.

What have you done as far as alignment to keep the car straight. I have seen many a 914 that was repaired and then found to be 1/2 - 3/4 inch twisted and could not be corner balanced or properly alinged?

veltror
I had bracing welded in everywhere, when I put on the rear wing and aligned the door it looked fine.. but time will tell..
Dominic
Roman,
If you need help when you re-assembe the 914 just give me a shout. I just moved to the U.K. about two months ago and I live just to the east of Bury St Edmunds off of the A14. It looks like you are about 1.5 hours drive from me. Of course I don't have a 914 out here but I have plenty of tools and experience with 914's.
Cheers!

Dominic

beer3.gif

jules2c
QUOTE(veltror @ Aug 23 2011, 11:47 AM) *

Well progress is slow but at least there is progress. Sadly the front wing, fender for you yanks, that I accquired last year is u/s but due to the amazing people Ross :first: I am going to have a nice rust free one from his written off black beauty, and he even sawzalled or what it is called the bottom torsion bar mounting also so here are a few pictures. Note the front panel is trimmed since I obtained a new NOS one which had the right corner cut off, i need the left corner so we were all happy. All going well i should have some pictures of the rear of the car.

Thanks for your messages of encouragement.

Roman

Roman, this has made my day, it has been like watching a car crash I had to cover my eyes at times seeing the extent of the corrosion. The work done is daunting and makes mine look easy. I am no longer alone, I thought that after making the door lock mechanism from scratch, welding beams inside the beams etc etc that I had suffered, it is almost insignifcant compared to your project. I may have some parts you could use as I pass your way regularly.
veltror
Glad somebody found it amusing? I am running a little slow due to various other issues but this will be done this year... although I did say that last year.
Enzo
I am just about to start a resto a bit like this, also in the UK... its been a good to see all those pics of how its supposed to go together.

Mine just seems bad down the right side, so hopefully only have half the work that you did!
flytech78
I think that even as far as you have come, I could sell you my rust free, new motor, 6k of new paint and ship it for less.......
I have to give it to you either your metal guy really needs the money and did not tell you the extent of the project or you really wanted a brand new 914!
Fun pics i really am learning the internals of how they put this thing together and for that i beerchug.gif U.
veltror
Yes, well maybe my metal guy does not need the money, hopefully I will have news soon as I am amexpecting a front wing/fender use whatever english you wish to some shortly.

roman
jules2c
Roman, I am about to plasma out the entire floor of the boot, when I get a compressor that is not lying about its pressure output. That will have the exhaust heat-shield I think you wanted if this is of any use to you let me know. The jack is of no use to me as jacking points removed, slight exaggeration did not exist.
I was not amused as you seem to have suggested in the last post, in awe used in the correct way!
I have loads of engine gearbox exhaust bits, but will have to sell those as don't want to exceed my budget of zero for purchase and rebuild.

trojanhorsepower
It really was coming along so well, I just have to ask for an update.
rsrguy3
What's the latest Roman?
Dion
QUOTE(rsrguy3 @ Feb 27 2014, 01:44 PM) *

What's the latest Roman?

agree.gif Roman whatever happened? @veltror Is the 914 done? Hope all is well.
It looked to be progressing nicely.
veltror
sadly it is not, lack of money and the fact that my friend is doing all the metal work pretty much gratis means much has not been done, sadly family issuesd have also caused more issues, wish I had better info guys

but in the meantime I rebuilt a Beetle Karmann
Dion
Sorry to hear your progress stopped. Family is more important than cars.
Hope it all works out later for you. Enjoy the Beetle.
beltwerks
Did this car ever get finished.? 5 years ago now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.