Pages: 1, 2
GringoLoco
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 11 2008, 07:48 AM) *

This is the combo I was thinking of:

JL Audio 8W0 Sub
and a JL Audio A1200 amp

I can get everything I need to install for under $250.00

Any thoughts?

The W0's are supposed to be great speakers, and I've personally punished a set of JL Audio's with great results (not W0's though). I think W0's are discontinued, but you should be able to find them left over stock somewhere. Or as RoadGlue mentioned, 8W1's should be a perfect match for that enclosure, and they're a current model so they might be easier to find. Personally, I'm a little eccentric, and want more thump, so I'm gonna find a way to get an 8w3 to work.
wilchek
not sure which one I used it was almost 2 years ago. It was around 100 if that helps. It is all black and has JL on the face
messix
i've got a rockford 8" single v/c running off 80 watts and it puts out and good thump not a boom, you don't hear much outside the car but it's very good inside as far as listening to music.
it sounds good with rock,country, but not rap/hiphop bass boomer stuff.
Allan
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 11 2008, 01:24 PM) *

it sounds good with country

icon8.gif Where's my electrical gloves?

I gotta slap you with them. laugh.gif
thomasotten
Is the subwoofer box available? I didn't see it on Ebay or the website. How much is it?
morph
we released this part in the fall of 05. and i built it for a few people for a year b4 that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=150266503985
here is a link for you
james
ConeDodger
QUOTE(morph @ Jul 2 2008, 10:40 PM) *

we released this part in the fall of 05. and i built it for a few people for a year b4 that.

here is a link for you
james

James,

You really need to find a way to take a good picture of that installed. I waited a couple years before buying it because I had trouble imagining it installed. Of course, if I just lifted my carpet it would have come to me.... But think about it. You and Heidi could have starved man!!! biggrin.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 11 2008, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 10 2008, 10:32 AM) *

Make a taller and larger dia. ring spacer. Port the encloser to reliever preasure

and get movement on coil.

Ported enclosures actually have more turbulence/pressure in them. They also require a lot more volume than their sealed counterpart.

The sub off to the left, and James' original designs are actually very good designs. (acoustically speaking)

Thats interesting, I have travel plugs for my Altec 'Voice of the Theater's'. If I forget to take them out of the ports the sound is muffled and reduced until the plugs blow out of the enclosure.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this info would you?

Paul,

You know, I have read so many books on audio systems and have been reading online tutorials from (Kicker, JL Audio, Soundstream, etc) for the past 13 or so years, that I've forgotten where I've got most of the information. I wish I had a link for you, it's some pretty interesting stuff.
If I could get L.E.A.P. to work on my computer again w/out having to figure out what is up with my registry this time, I'd be more than happy to send some comparison charts to you.
You can PM me about your travel plugs and ports if you'd like, so we can stay on topic here about morph's nifty enclosures. (I hope nifty is on okay descriptor word, I like what has been done with them.)
GringoLoco
QUOTE(morph @ Jul 2 2008, 10:40 PM) *

here is a link for you
james

That looks nice! The question I have, is do you think it would stand up to a JL Audio 8W3? The volume is right, and the mounting depth is right. I just don't have any experience with 'glass enclosures, and know that MDF will shake apart if you don't use thick enough stuff. If it'll handle the pressure an 8W3 puts off, could I special order one without the speaker at a lower price?
james2

I have one of these-

http://www.bossaudio.com/main/649

IPB Image

Keep in mind these in no way compare in quality to what some are selling, but they do work surprisingly well. I had one under the seat of a 77 Cutlass, and provided enough sound pressure to where I could feel the bass.

Cheap also, only about 130 bucks.

I was hoping to find room under the dash in my 914 for it.

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 7 2008, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 7 2008, 01:18 PM) *

I have heard of a new "flat" sub woofer. Anybody using them?

smallest i've seen is a 10". too big from the box morph makes, not enough cubic inches.

rufio0205
i remember seeing a member vendor for these but i cant seem to find it...anyone care to share the link. i meant to get one but no $$$ and now i've got a little....
seanery
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Jul 3 2008, 10:31 AM) *

i remember seeing a member vendor for these but i cant seem to find it...anyone care to share the link. i meant to get one but no $$$ and now i've got a little....

see ebay link below - those are from James & Heidi - members here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.