Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are 914's Being Recognized Now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 12 2008, 11:54 PM) *

Currently I ride a Harley or drive a Jeep Wrangler (TJ). So on my bike I gotta wave to other bikes, and in my Jeep I gotta wave to other Jeeps. In the summer I take the top and doors off my Jeep and end up getting confused and wave to bikes and forget to wave to Jeeps. Then I'll get my bike and go the other way, start waving to Jeeps and miss the bikes, lol. This is really gonna get confusing when I get a 914.

Every time I see a Jeep I have a reflex to wave... even if I'm driving my truck or my wife's 3. I usually manage to curtail the reflex, but it always make me wish I was driving my Jeep. Jeep chicks don't wave... they think I'm trying to hit on them or something. Get over yourself.

I think that with any older enthusiast car, people will wave if they see someone else driving the same thing. I used to have a 280Z, and people would wave. My wife got more waves than I did, though... but I don't think it was guys trying to hit on her, it was guys that thought it was cool for a chick to be driving a cool car.
Slider
I normally run into a guy driving this nicely restored 60's Jag prob XKE hes an older gentleman and always waves and gives me a thumbs up..

I have yet since ive been back in Fort Collins Run into another 914.. just not that many up here..i guess..or maybe they are all up on jackstands..
SGB
Today I ran along beside a stunning deep black BMW Z-3 coupe. The BMW driver kept gesturing at my car (a freindly, multifingered gesture BTW) and I kept pointing at his. He honked a bit when he exited to the right with a slight torque induced squiggle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.