Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I give up! Too many messed up people with 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Root_Werks
I am surprised CAMP doesn't have a good tub for you? Did you call Craig?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 9 2008, 05:56 PM) *

Devils advocate here

I was selling a 924 a few years ago. Lots of mods done. Twas a GOOD 924 lots of people stopping by, B.S.'ing talking it up etc. One kid stops by, flipping out, has to have the car, takes it down the road, gets back and makes a call right in front of me to ask his brother could he borrow the money. Gets off the phone, begs me to not sell it within the next hour ( I already had someone coming ) Tells me he'll be back in 30-45 minutes with cash. Jumps in his P.O.S. Supra and floors it back the way he came.

I never see or hear from the dickbag again. Long story short first with the money gets it.

Did you get his number? Did you have anyway to contact him? If not I can see that point of view. However, if someone asks you to hold it for them you need to get their contact info and at least offer them a chance to step up to the plate. If they can't swing then go to the next guy.
scotty b

No I dind't have a contact number, he swore he would be back in 30 min. I took him at his werd. The guy I was expecting, showed up and hung out for an hour and bought the car. Didn't make me mad, just an example of the kind of shit the seller has to deal with and why they sometimes make " unfair " decisions
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 9 2008, 06:09 PM) *

No I dind't have a contact number, he swore he would be back in 30 min. I took him at his werd. The guy I was expecting, showed up and hung out for an hour and bought the car. Didn't make me mad, just an example of the kind of shit the seller has to deal with and why they sometimes make " unfair " decisions

I would say you acted fairly. You waited and your word was good. It was the kid who lost out and his word was worth nothing.
Joe Bob
Cash, Ass or Grass.....no free rides....let's move along people.

Funny....ten years ago when I was REALLY active buyng 914s....I had a system. Every 914 on the west coast, or at least 90% of them, were contacted by me.....I still have people contacting me on cars that I worked with, touched, brokered, etc......just consider it a business and watch yer butt.

914-the next 356......prices are going up and you need to do it as something other than a hobby.
r_towle
QUOTE((*)(*) @ Jun 9 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Cash, Ass or Grass.....no free rides....let's move along people.

Funny....ten years ago when I was REALLY active buyng 914s....I had a system. Every 914 on the west coast, or at least 90% of them, were contacted by me.....I still have people contacting me on cars that I worked with, touched, brokered, etc......just consider it a business and watch yer butt.

914-the next 356......prices are going up and you need to do it as something other than a hobby.

What...are you in one of your "admin moods" tonight....lol
Lock it down....

You re snoozing BTW...we got two recently.
one was in your back yard...and it was DRIVEN to Phoenix....lol
Gotta stay sharp dude...you be sleeping lately.

Rich
Joe Bob
I decided to have a life.....

Oh yeah....BITE ME.....are we happy now, sweetums?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.