Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My MicroSquirt Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
McMark
There are no EDIS components.

We're trying to get the MicroSquirt to drive a standard coil. But coil-on-plug is another possibility.
r_towle
Give the lack of decent distributors, and the low tech wobbly (spark jumping) setup we have now...I would be very very interested in how to do a coil on plug setup....

I am (someday) going to build this 2.0 liter motor...
I need to CLEAN more stuff up...(can you tell I am tired of cleaning)

Should be soon and I have no idea how to approach a coil on plug solution, but I would really like to do it...and cheap.

Im running carbs (that is the plan right now)

Rich
McMark
I just bought four COP coils for testing... happy11.gif
chocolate.curry
So from what I know about megasquirt/microsquirt, many folks use the ford EDIS system in wasted spark mode for full fuel and ignition control. The EDIS stuff can be had for very cheap, and the EDIS controller takes a VR signal (as from McMarks trigger wheel setup) and can control ignition. Timing can be controlled by the Mega/Microsquirt ECU. More information here:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

I have gotten one of McMarks trigger wheel and will probably go this route when I get around to installng since I currently have a carbed setup and will essentially need to start from scratch anyway. I guess for those updating the stock setup could get going with fewer parts.
falconfp2001
do you think a newer 911 TPS may work?

Frank
914werke
Any updates smile.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 29 2012, 08:51 PM) *

Any updates smile.gif

+1 .......... popcorn[1].gif ........ also is McMark selling those Microsquirt trigger wheels? ..... idea.gif
McMark
I drive it every day on the turbo car. Runs great.

Were you curious about something more specific?
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 18 2014, 09:04 PM) *

I drive it every day on the turbo car. Runs great.

Yes, wtf did you do and how did you do it?
aktion035.gif

My motor is built, but COP is still something would like to implement, and converting the webers to FI would also be of interest, provided I can obtain the look I am shooting for of old tech...

For me, COP would be more like remote coils mounted in hiding.
McMark
This setup got fully developed although I can't seem to remember the timeline and who got the first one. Maybe I did. confused24.gif There are a couple of install threads from people who have bought the setup.

Vacca Rabite's install
rwilner's install

You can see the final COP setup here in this pic.
IPB Image
r_towle
That is more confusing for me.
I see the coils, the. I see the raw ends of the plugs???

Am I missing something?
gothspeed
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 18 2014, 06:04 PM) *

Yeah!! ..... do you sell the 36-1 crank wheel and do you sell/recommend wasted spark coil pack?? smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.