Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COA question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Just got the COA in the mail.....

WTF.gif Is "Finland Equipment" ?
type47
car equipped to meet finish (finnish?) auto requirements? may be like clear turn signals for italian (or other country).
messix
that would be the attachment for the sled dog harness
JeffBowlsby
Mike, there is at least one other car with a COA indicating Finland equip, and others for Switzerland, Norway, do a search for it. I can post them if needed. As I remember, the specifics of those options are not listed anywhere, someone suggested it was just the country specific paperwork or labels for the car, or typically optional equipment like a rear window defroster as required equip in that country.
r_towle
Standard Finnish Equipment
Studded snow tires on 14 inch fuchs
Rear window defrost
Gas heater
Snow shovel

The optional Finnish survival kit
Elk skinned jacket
Seal skinned pants
Sub Zero boots
Triple line mittens (waterproof)
3 days ration of dried fish
1 liter vodka

Special optional Finnish survival package
Eskimo to Finnish Dictionary
Russian to Finnish Dictionary
Large breasted Blond female seat warmer.
4 liters of Vodka
1 box of Condoms
Pickled Herring
Joe Bob
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 28 2008, 12:37 PM) *

Standard Finnish Equipment
Studded snow tires on 14 inch fuchs
Rear window defrost
Gas heater
Snow shovel

The optional Finnish survival kit
Elk skinned jacket
Seal skinned pants
Sub Zero boots
Triple line mittens (waterproof)
3 days ration of dried fish
1 liter vodka

Special optional Finnish survival package
Eskimo to Finnish Dictionary
Russian to Finnish Dictionary
Large breasted Blond female seat warmer.
4 liters of Vodka
1 box of Condoms
Pickled Herring

YAaacccck!!!! barf.gif Pickled Herring..... barf.gif

Bowlsby...thanks....I called PCNA. They originally told me that the tranny was the correct number...NOW they tell me it's the correct range. They also tell me that it was Finnish equipped but can't tell me if it originally went there or what the specific equipment was. IT DID confirm that it came with "light metal wheels", which an oxymoron and leather steering wheel.

Supposedly everything for MY 1970 up to 1979 is on a spreadsheet and omits that information.

Rusty
Mikey,

The PCNA-hired contractors that do the COAs were hired from the Ringling Brothers. You know far more about 914s than they do.

The records are notoriously incomplete from the factory. Add to that fact the contractors refuse to correct obvious errors, despite their acknowledgement that the errors exist. (the last one I remember was the color code 99 being listed for "paint to match" rather than 98. I sent them a picture of the door-jam... they refused to budge. Color names and options codes have been listed that were never offered that model year.)

Once upon a time, you could get the dealer to which the car was delivered. Now they refuse to provide that information citing "privacy" concerns. Also, they refuse to provide copies of the source data... so it's a total swag as to what you might get.

After having been suckered into purchasing them in the past, I've now sworn NEVER AGAIN. It's a scam.

-Rusty
Joe Bob
This is COA primarily for boosting the resale. I'm not the fuzzy concours type.......
Eric_Shea
Check with Pat and James (Jasfsmith) I believe one of James cars (the green one) was Finnish equipt. confused24.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Be sorry that you brought it up

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=76235
Joe Bob
I don't follow...nor does the link work.....
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 28 2008, 05:36 PM) *

I don't follow...nor does the link work.....

Try again, I had to edit it. type.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
And yet more PCNA folly
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=84666
hwgunner
I am probably wrong but I seem to remember that Finland was one of the countries that required the passenger mirror.
Joe Bob
Probably...this passenger door has the holes in the skin. But after 30+ years it could be a DAP install.

Not gonna worry about it. Once I get the interior and drive train install I get the little stuff sorted out.
SirAndy
Just in case someone does a search, here's a clue:

chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.