Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Six Conversion Build Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
proto31
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 21 2011, 07:48 AM) *

confused24.gif Isn't this car already done? confused24.gif

I thought we saw it last May at WCR in Tahoe... huh.gif

I got it running about a week before WCR last year but have since been finishing it up. The car has been running since then, just finishing up interior, adding heat, and a few other things. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Got it. wink.gif

I was beginning to think I was a clairvoyant. biggrin.gif

Beautiful car.
9146FAN
Amazing build. Your interior looks great too! We'll have to go for a cruise (if I ever get my machine on the road).

Congratulations!!
abnrdo

Gorgeous car!! Great attention to detail. So much so that I must know how you ran your oil cooler lines. I notice they disappear under the gas tank. How do they transition to the back of the car? Are they in the tunnel?
Thanks,
Jim

drooley.gif
proto31
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 12 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Gorgeous car!! Great attention to detail. So much so that I must know how you ran your oil cooler lines. I notice they disappear under the gas tank. How do they transition to the back of the car? Are they in the tunnel?
Thanks,
Jim

drooley.gif

Jim, I'll have to take some pics of my oil lines and upload for you. I ran the oil lines down the passenger side inner wheel well, then behind the rocker panels (same as original GTs), they then come out the rear where my thermostat is installed. I had to cut four holes, two in the bulkhead that separates the gas tank from the front trunk and two in the passenger side wheel well. Seems to work really well. I'll try to get some pics uploaded tonight.

Dan
MoveQik
Dan, after seeing your car in person, I can't believe that paint job was done in a garage. Wow. beerchug.gif
proto31
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 12 2011, 11:49 AM) *

Dan, after seeing your car in person, I can't believe that paint job was done in a garage. Wow. beerchug.gif

Thanks, I was surprised too biggrin.gif Those new HPLV guns are awesome (coming from a guy who never sprayed a car with the old low pressure guns).

Dan
proto31
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 12 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Thanks,
Jim

drooley.gif

Jim, I took some pics, here you go:

Front two holes in bulkhead. The oil lines easily run under the tank and up the side, there is a pretty good gap between the tank that the chasis near the corner of the tank
Click to view attachment

Area where lines enter outer front wheel well:
Click to view attachment

This pic isn't all that great but if you look close you can see the lines running up against the wheel well, there are no clearance issues here as long as you keep the lines tight up against the wheel well:
Click to view attachment

This pic shows the oil lines coming out of the space between the longs and the rocker panels. Although they look low here, they are actually 3/4 higher than the lowest point of the car on that side (wouldn't want to have these bust if you bottom out the car):
Click to view attachment
abnrdo
idea.gif Did you run copper lines along the rocker panel? Beautiful work! I would love to see your work in person some day. I live in the Kansas City MO area and I am just getting started on my project.
Thanks for the photos!!
-Jim
malaga_red75
I thought I would bring this thread back because my parents and my sister just saw your car in Irvine.

I am about to paint my subi conversion the same color and when my parents saw it they were stunned with the beauty of this car. They said it was simply "stunning.' They couldn't stop sending me pictures of it, haha.

My dad actually left a note on your windshield I believe (pretending it was from me). I would love to see your car in person some time! I will have to make a trip down there or maybe at next years WCR!!

Love the build! Andyrew and I will also be painting my car in his garage.

Looks great!

-Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.