Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar U-Tab Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Can anyone tell me if these Weltmeiter front sway bar tabs look like they are mounted in the right location? I am having some problem getting these to attach correctly.

Thanks,
bcheney
Can anyone tell me if these Weltmeiter front sway bar tabs look like they are mounted in the right location? I am having some problem getting these to attach correctly.

jcd914
Your pics are to dark for my old eye to make out all the detail but I can tell the U-tabs are welded on wrong. The tabs should be turned 90degrees so the bolt slides in front to rear parallel to the center line of the car.
I also don't recall the tabs being so close to the ball joint.
If I can get to the arms in my garage I will measure the location of them.
Smart Racing makes some clamp on drop link brackets that provide a better location than the Automotion or factory tabs.

Jim
Richard Casto
Yes, they are welded on wrong. As mentioned above they should be rotated 90 deg.

See post #5 in this ancient thread regarding how far back from ball joint. (Someone please let me know if that is wrong as I am about to weld these tabs on using this info)...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=7223
rjames
Here ya go:

Click to view attachment
bcheney
Thanks guys. I got the tabs off today..now I just got get'em welded back on in the right location per the diagram!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.