Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your 914 project this winter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DEC
Assemble my 6.

stirthepot.gif blue914.jpg
6freak
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Dec 15 2008, 07:47 PM) *

Umm, nothin'

Car's in the bubble.
Battery's on the trickler.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Paul

Thats cool ! annual but cool..Even when there covered they get dust that would solve that problem...How much $ was it
naro914
well, got some done. Best news is that the 2.5 engine is back in the black race car and it's for sale as a complete car... FINALLY!

Hope to get more done this weekend....
Jeffs9146
What's your 914 project this winter?

wacko.gif duh, same list from last winter!!
heavydriver
I risk a severe jinx with putting a date on it, but...... this needs to be done by December 1 for a birthday party. It is the gift.
needsattachmentid=164772]
dflesburg
I am custom covering my steering wheel did GreatPumpkins first, now doing mine.
PeeGreen 914
I just took most everything off the engine and transmission so I can pull it. The only thing I have left to do is the lines. I also removed the rear bumper and tail lenses so I can paint the rear and put the 914-6-VW-PORSCHE badge on. piratenanner.gif Then my woife called me in so she can cook and I watch the kids dry.gif .

I'll get more done tomorrow.
pillay2k
Put it back together!! Then drive it... lots! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

thesey914
Hello Pillay, that looks a nice paint job. What was the colour of the car before. You should post these pics on DDK also, I bet many would be interested (not just 914'er but the 911 and 356 lot)
pillay2k
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jan 11 2009, 11:52 AM) *

Hello Pillay, that looks a nice paint job. What was the colour of the car before. You should post these pics on DDK also, I bet many would be interested (not just 914'er but the 911 and 356 lot)

Hi,
I've got a resto thread on DDK (split in two in the resto area, same username!). Havent updated in a while with being at uni and 200miles from the car....
Car was black but i have returned it to the original phoenix red. Really nice paint job done at home by my dad, i did all the prep work myself though.
Have been busy with uni work over Christmas and have just started final exams but hope to get the suspension etc back on next week (my Dad wants it out so he can finish his new TR6 project!). I will do a proper start to finish thread at some point!
I have a walk round video i can post if i find out how... smile.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(heavydriver @ Jan 10 2009, 03:23 PM) *

I risk a severe jinx with putting a date on it, but...... this needs to be done by December 1 for a birthday party. It is the gift.
needsattachmentid=164772]

But...my birthday is in September!!!

Paul
orthobiz
QUOTE(6freak @ Dec 18 2008, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Dec 15 2008, 07:47 PM) *

Umm, nothin'

Car's in the bubble.
Battery's on the trickler.
IPB Image

Paul

Thats cool ! annual but cool..Even when there covered they get dust that would solve that problem...How much $ was it

No dust! Not even light rust on the rotors. Fan driven with a filter. About 350, it's from this company but I think I got it a little cheaper on another website: http://www.carcapsule.com/

Paul
JoeSharp
Sorry. Winter? Actuly The West Cost Ramble.
thesey914
QUOTE(pillay2k @ Jan 11 2009, 01:22 PM) *

... original phoenix red

Great colour choice -I want to get a picture of it parked next to mine when it's done (also L32K)
IPB Image

dinomium
sell Ugmo
Clean shop
Powdercoat Sheet metal
Swap out FI or Dells (at the rebuilder now)
Make fun of Rhodyguy and Messix (sometimes it is SO easy)
Take a nap
stirthepot.gif
sww914
Build a 24 hours of LeMons 914 with some of the guys from ClubNARP.
Our theme will be disabled people, The Krippled Krauts. I plan to support the rear wing with an aluminum walker and the logos will look like a disabled placard but with the wheelchair guy wearing a helmet and Fuchs on the wheelchair. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Just got everything disconneted from the engine and transmission so it is ready to drop. Now I just need to find someone to help me drop it. I really don't like to do that alone beerchug.gif
ericread
I finally got the car to bare metal. Then a bit of body work. Some bondo for the dings, and spray the entire body with self-etching primer. Tomorrow, it's off to the paint shop (YAY!)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
naro914
well, got my suspension and steering rack dropped, now I have to replace all the bushings and such. Engine is apart, getting resealed, and back together hopefully this week. Fixed some wiring issues, replaced a bunch of "detail" things, painted the wheel wells. Busy weekend between all the football games.
Trav012000
Well, since my clutch cable snapped today, I guess I'm replacing my clutch cable. smile.gif

Yes Im in the midwest. Yes it's my daily driver. And yes, I can hear you trying to stab me through your monitor. ar15.gif
WRX914
I really need to put a fresh coat of wax on it... Also need to find the time to dress the tires, bumper pads and the rest of the rubber on the car.

Oh yea, I forgot...

Also need to fill er up!
naro914
updated OP ....making progress!
naro914
another update.... this weekend the engine should go back into Huey (maybe)... slowly but surely....
justme
My mess is the ongoing thread below smile.gif

What the heck, it snowed Monday!
914junkie
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Pulled the radiator to have it repaired. The shop said it had like 4 different leaks and they are fixing it with an epoxy??? That and removed the body for paint prep and in the process decided to ditch the RDR slope nose in favor for a Sheridan front end to match the rear quarters. Talked to Roger on Monday and said he could get started on it soon. So my car will LOOK like a 914 again! aktion035.gif I'm excited, can't wait get everything fitted and start painting. Still haven't decided on the color??? idea.gif Paul S.
naro914
QUOTE(914junkie @ Mar 12 2009, 01:27 AM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Pulled the radiator to have it repaired.

Right there is your problem. "Radiator" should never be a term used to refer to a 914!!

biggrin.gif
naro914
well, I'm TOLD that we are putting the engine in Huey this week....as well as getting my stuff together for the Road Atlanta PCA Club race with Papa Smurf.

Should be an interesting week!
naro914
now that Winter has turned to spring, Huey FINALLY got back on the road for Autofair down here at Lowes Motorspeedway. Kind of a last minute thing: Lets see....we didnt' get the engine in the previous week, it ended up being pushed to last week. so on Wednesday, we went to put it in, and found that we were missing the studs that hold the transmission to the engine....oops! we stole the for another engine.

OK, so now it's Thursday, studs in hand, and we bolt everything up....but...we're missing an oil return tube!! Oh yeah, as we had it all togther, we damaged one, and decided to just replace it with an expandable one...that we didn't currently have. So, now onto Saturday. John Forbes came to our house in the afternoon and installed the tube, sorted out a clutch problem, and off we went, driving Huey an his new 2.7 engine around!!

We still need to address some MAJOR oil leaks (valve covers seem warped a bit) and tune the carbs, but I'm looking forward to driving him around more. Today he is getting an alignment and corner balance so he'll be ready for autocrossing this year.

Next comes all the little details....
benalishhero
Install fuel injection.

Mission accomplished.
naro914
Picture from this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.