Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Howard Dranow Memorial West Coast Ramble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JoeSharp
I would like to take this time to invite anyone that has any interest in 914’s to come to the Howard Dranow Memorial West Coast Ramble. You do not have to own a 914 to attend this event. The agenda will be as follows.

Friday evening the 15th of May we will have a Meet and Greet at The Double Tree Inn in Irvine, Headquarters for the event.

Saturday morning starts off with Cars and Coffee, which is only 4 blocks away. After that we go back to the hotel for preparation for a drive to the beach and a Team NARP Bar-B-Q. Then we return to the Hotel for the 914 R/C Car Challenge. Then you are free for the evening.

Sunday we drive to Lancaster to The Inn of Lancaster for the Show and Shine and Tech Inspection in preparation for The Streets of Willow and the Awards Ceremonies. We have about 20 awards to hand out. Sometime durning the weekend we will have an auction and a Raffle.

Monday is Track Day. We have rented The Streets of Willow and have the track from 8am to 5pm. Corner workers will be provided so the only time you spend on the track is in a car.

I would like to thank Howard (God rest his soul) for the inspiration for this event as we are following the agenda from his event in 2005.
This event is being hosted by Team NARP and more information will be posted here and at Pelican as it becomes available.
Gint
Hiya Joe! Shar and I are planning to be there. Thread highlighted (Suzie tone as best I could do) for your enjoyment!
rick 918-S
Sandy and I are planning on being there as well. bye1.gif
Aaron Cox
atta boy joe!

That weekend is gonna be fun!
andys
Got an address for the Irvine hotel? That the one near El Toro?

I'm in for everything except maybe the hotels: A buddy lives in Anahiem Hills (not real close), and I live kinda near Willow Springs. Looking forward to a fun event!!

Andys
MoveQik
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 27 2009, 03:55 PM) *

Thread highlighted (Suzie tone as best I could do) for your enjoyment!

Gint, you've been watching too much HGTV. You are getting good with all these fancy colors.

Oh...I'll be there. biggrin.gif
ericread
I will be there for the Friday night social, Saturday and Sunday (gotta work on Monday). Since I live about a mile from the hotel, let me know if you need any temporary storage (I have a smallish garage)

Eric beerchug.gif
dw914er
my dad and I are planning on going

sounds like alot of fun
Mrs. K
Yay!!!!! cheer.gif

I live here so hell ya I'll be there............at least at the Irvine festivities shades.gif

Let me know if you need any help Joe mrs.K.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
carreraguy
Great Joe - looking forward to it. We had a blast at Howard's 2005 "Inaugural Event" and my son and I are planning to attend all events.
"Poker Run" start pic attached - remember? Gotta bring Howard's hat too!

Click to view attachment
dlo914
Awww great event setup Joe! Sure do miss Howie! Too bad i can't make it to the festivities being that my financials are tight right now =/ You guys have fun!
DNHunt
Joe and all thanks for the work you're putting into this. I will be there with my daughter and possibly my son.

My daughter and I are going to take a few days and drive down the coast. We've already started planning the itinerary.

Man am I looking forward to this.

Dave
greenie
Hey Joe,

Sounds like a blast! smilie_pokal.gif

A couple of questions...

I'll be driving Greenie ( stock 74 )down from Seattle, what will be the requirements for me to participate at Willows?

Will I need a safety inspection, and what specific equipment will I need, helmet etc?

What is the cost for the track participation? Cost for the Ramble?

How soon do we need to book our hotel rooms ?

Thanks for organizing this, pray.gif

Looking forward to May!

jim_hoyland
Sounds good ! Is this the correct Lancaster INN ?

http://www.innoflancaster.com/index2.html

Is there a group rate available at either Hotel ?
dinomium
I won't be able to attend, but in honor of Howie:
Are track fees included?
JRust
Count me in! Not exactly down the block from me. But heck if Greenie can make it from Seattle I guess I can't complain dry.gif

I am looking forward to this. Especially the autoX aktion035.gif . Can't wait to put the v8 thru it's paces driving.gif
Eric_Shea
Planning on it. smilie_pokal.gif
proto31
Count me in!!
ahdoman
Admins - can this be pinned at the top?
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif a bump for Howard. Back to the top with you.
kenschipper
For those of you that would like to add the WCR 2009 logo as your avatar I have attached it here. Just right-click and save to your computer the upload under My Controls on the site.

Click to view attachment

Ken Schipper
Eric_Shea

We don't sticky events any more as it becomes counter productive. People ignore them after a while. Best to have them in the battlefield and keep the thread active by bumping and contributing every day or so. This is why we did the color thingy.
JoeSharp

Thanks Eric, it will be nice to see you again.
Eric_Shea
Thank You Joe for making this happen. Let's just hope my ass-dragger can get there in one piece. biggrin.gif

Inn of Lancaster, CA
Doubletree Hotel Irvine, CA

I think it's fitting that when you click on the Doubletree link there's a picture of a car on the track on the TV set in the room. It looks like am AMC Pacer but...

On another note: Is there a rate? Has a block been reserved? How does all this work?
JoeSharp
The last rate we had at the Double Tree was $89 but Proto#31 says the knows some there so we're hoping for a better rate as that rate is the same that they offer on line. We shall see.
jimtab
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2009, 08:33 AM) *

We don't sticky events any more as it becomes counter productive. People ignore them after a while. Best to have them in the battlefield and keep the thread active by bumping and contributing every day or so. This is why we did the color thingy.

Eric, it will be good to see you ......are you bringing some or all of your cuties..?
Eric_Shea
Thanks Jim, you as well... It'll be a blast. I don't think all of my cuties will fit in the 911, maybe one will? confused24.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2009, 05:10 PM) *

Thank You Joe for making this happen. Let's just hope my ass-dragger can get there in one piece. biggrin.gif

Just make sure *your* ass makes it in one piece av-943.gif

It'll be a hoot to see ya again Salmon boy! gayfight.gif beer.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
dw914er
can't wait biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Just make sure *your* ass makes it in one piece

Not sure about that either... it already has a big crack in it! ohmy.gif

bootyshake.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2009, 09:08 AM) *

Just make sure *your* ass makes it in one piece

Not sure about that either... it already has a big crack in it! ohmy.gif

bootyshake.gif

laugh.gif

I guess that matches the hole in your head then chair.gif

bye1.gif
roadster fan
I am definitely in. The family will make a vacation out of it and spend a few days at Disney the week before.

Now the only question is, which car will I be bringing? The under restored 71' or the conversion 74'. I have been working on the 74' but man that deadline is close. I will post pics soon.

Oh, and how much is all this fun gonna cost? Nevermind, if really doesnt matter if Greenie is gonna come down from Issaquah, I have no excuses! ( I think he is just trying to top SirAndy and me with the distance traveled to one of these events....showoff!)

Jim
greenie
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Feb 1 2009, 05:17 AM) *

I am definitely in. The family will make a vacation out of it and spend a few days at Disney the week before.

Now the only question is, which car will I be bringing? The under restored 71' or the conversion 74'. I have been working on the 74' but man that deadline is close. I will post pics soon.

Oh, and how much is all this fun gonna cost? Nevermind, if really doesnt matter if Greenie is gonna come down from Issaquah, I have no excuses! ( I think he is just trying to top SirAndy and me with the distance traveled to one of these events....showoff!)

Jim

Hey Jim,

We've seen the "Trailer Queen" now we want to see how you squeezed the Boxster motor in.... post some pics for us.

I think Joe is trying to create some suspense or something? I still don't know if I can drive my car at Willows?(or did I miss something?) stirthepot.gif

JoeSharp
If you register we will get your car no the track. We have 2 people that want to run shifter karts and I am going to try to talk everyone into it. So, from racers to rentials we sure will try to get you some seat time.
Bring your helmets.
jim_hoyland
How do we register ? Is there a registration fee ?
JoeSharp
We are working on a registration form now. The registration fee's will be $91.44 for 4's and $91.46 for -6's. If you have a -6 you can afford to pay a little more.
computers4kids
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 1 2009, 02:10 PM) *

We are working on a registration form now. The registration fee's will be $91.44 for 4's and $91.46 for -6's. If you have a -6 you can afford to pay a little more.

Is it less for an 8 since it's not a real porsche? happy11.gif
JoeSharp
You will have to pay by your VIN. 47's are $91.44. It's only cheaper if you don't bring a 914. Then it is only $91.40.
ericread
I thng the /8s should have to pay their fair share. How about $91.48? biggrin.gif
JRust
As soon a the registration stuff is done I'll be registered. Even happy to pay the extra 2cents for my 914-8 blink.gif . All we need is a helmet right? Is the stock seatbelt okay? I'm ready to race driving.gif . Be my first time on a track so I will probably get roasted but I don't care. At least I can go balls out without getting a ticket aktion035.gif
JoeSharp
We are going to tech the car at The Inn of Lancaster Sunday afternoon. We will check them out just like an Autocross. So yes, you will need to show them a helmet.
mstein95
icon_bump.gif

Time-off approved.
I'm all set to fall in behind all my fellow PNW'ers heading South.

bye1.gif
Eric_Shea
When's the Sac/Bay crowd leaving?
jimtab
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 2 2009, 03:31 PM) *

When's the Sac/Bay crowd leaving?

Eric, Andy and I have already formed a small (at this point) caravan which you would be encouraged to join...you can even stay at my house the night before if you like.....I just hope I can keep up with the two of you...... driving.gif remember I've ridden in your car and I've seen Andy's evaporate in front of me when I was going 70-75..... wacko.gif
JRust
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Feb 2 2009, 03:05 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Time-off approved.
I'm all set to fall in behind all my fellow PNW'ers heading South.

bye1.gif

Sweet Morgan! We'll have to figure out when we are all heading out. Should be a pretty decent caravan of 914's going down aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
jamie/morgan, how days do you think you'd budget for the drive down? how far on the first day? stockton or futher south? hard part is timing the drop into the l.a. basin. or is it fuched traffic all of the time? santa barbara afternoon traffic was so much fun in 05'.

k
Eric_Shea
Eric, Andy and I have already formed a small (at this point) caravan which you would be encouraged to join...you can even stay at my house the night before if you like.....I just hope I can keep up with the two of you...... remember I've ridden in your car and I've seen Andy's evaporate in front of me when I was going 70-75.....

We'll put one car in front and one car behind you. You'll make it there in style and, your wheels will never hit the ground.

I was "thinking" of doing the big circle tour. Heading out early enough to catch up with your group going down and then I'll have to head back to SLC via Vegas on Sunday. No track time for me. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
you can even stay at my house the night before if you like

Forgot. Thanks for the offer. I have made arrangements to stay at Yopu's house. She did say that Rob will be staying with you... confused24.gif It sounded like she had it all worked out.
ericread
Damn!!! Double-Damn!!!

I'm out. headbang.gif My son graduates with his Master's degree that weekend at Kansas so I'll be in Lawrence, KS the entire weekend...

Any chance everybody else wants to reschedule? slap.gif Probably not...

Have fun everybody. I'm really sorry I'll miss the fun sad.gif

Eric Read
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.