Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pissed off & need advise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
carr914
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 12 2009, 10:44 AM) *

I haven't measured it but if the holes are 2/3mm that space inbetween them seems to be more than that like maybe the 1mm Reid posted.

Ok I couldn't stand it I measured my 75 and also discovered a couple of variances. The 4 in my build date has the bottom hole missing and the beginning # symbol has a left beginning bottom horizontal line hole missing. I guess the punches got stuck.

Also posted above: The diagonal line has different spacing than the numbers.

On both the 914 and a 72 bug the 4 is different between the date and vin. The top left leg on the 914 date (11/74) has 3 holes down and the vin has 4 holes down. All the 7's are the same.

The measurements seem to be:
height of the char. .278-.280
width .172- .175
vin width 2.550- gap to rt edge .297- between the date and vin .420
date width .980- gap to rt edge .297- down from top .232- vin and bottom .320

This was with calipers holding over the tracing so it could be a little off but not much.

It's almost as if the safety stickers were hand punched.
I don't know if it will help but I did a pencil tracing on both stickers. I can mail them if you want.

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Mar 12 2009, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 12 2009, 07:44 AM) *

I haven't measured it but if the holes are 2/3mm that space inbetween them seems to be more than that like maybe the 1mm Reid posted.

No offense man, but if you're going to stand up and say that I'm wrong you might want to take a closer look at the numbers I posted. Also, as has already been noted in this thread the later stickers are different from the early ones, and the 4-cyl versions are different from the 6s...which is what T.C.'s got.

Reid

disclaimer: didn't get shit for sleep last night, so perhaps a bit mad.gif

I truly appreciate everybody's response and willingness to help. Please no dis-record between brothers on my account. I'd hate to take out the switch and take you to the time-out house biggrin.gif

T.C.
orthobiz
If I made a mistake like the shop did, I'd be accused of MALPRACTICE!

Paul
carr914
Here is a completed sticker. I think once it is applied to the car smoothed out and with the Signal Orange showing through the holes it will look good.

Thanks to a fellow member for making the jig to punch the number. If he would like his name announced, I will do it, but for now he is anonymous

T.C.

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
TC,

That has turned out better than I woulda thunk.

Hopefully, you'll post pics after you have affixed it to the door jamb.

I'm wondering, were these stickers always placed exactly in the same place on every car?

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.