Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snowing in Seattle in March WTF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TC 914-8
Hey, I'll get the thread back on topic,

It snowed all morning and is starting to let up, nothing is sticking. The satelite shows clear skies ahead, and the sun is peeking thru.
Figure an hour or so you East Sound guys should see the same.
I lied it's starting to snow again. confused24.gif

That's the report from Sequim ( Skwim for Greenie)

smoke.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 15 2009, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2009, 09:08 AM) *

beerchug.gif

I'll round up my expert bodyman tools & supplies, see you in an hour. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sheeplove.gif driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(dinomium @ Mar 9 2009, 02:45 PM) *

when it started it dumped! check out these pix of the Front Straight at Pacific Raceways, one hour apart...

OK, so it started snowing...
why did you stop the race???

Rich
dinomium
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 15 2009, 02:02 PM) *

when it started it dumped! check out these pix of the Front Straight at Pacific Raceways, one hour apart...

Rich

In road racing, if one corner stand can not see the other, they deem the conditions unsafe for racing. I tend to agree with that one. When the snow let up, it was too late in the day to continue racing.

championgt1
Snow, hail, rain, high winds. mad.gif

Laying on the concrete garage floor all day that is about 20 degrees colder than the air temp. Great fun.

r_towle
QUOTE(dinomium @ Mar 15 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Rich

In road racing, if one corner stand can not see the other, they deem the conditions unsafe for racing. I tend to agree with that one. When the snow let up, it was too late in the day to continue racing.

wimps...that is what radios are for.
You guys should learn how to run in the snow...

Rich
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2009, 11:26 AM) *

beerchug.gif

I'll round up my expert bodyman tools & supplies, see you in an hour. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sheeplove.gif driving.gif

piratenanner.gif

hey bondo boyz are still playing with Curt's Tools ?
PeeGreen 914
I had to run and pick my parents up at the airport. It would apear they have not heard of shuttle express dry.gif .

Curt and I got two coats on and loking good. Just need to wait for the kids to go to bed before I head back out and get a little higher.

By the way. It would seem as though Curt is a little bit of a perfectionist.... in case you didn't know. poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 15 2009, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 15 2009, 08:44 AM) *

I thought that was your job.

popcorn[1].gif

I don't want the job, you seen the pics, the dude is large.

That and he is way smarter then the Green one. ( ass kissing smile)

You know I can read too don't you? mad.gif
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 15 2009, 06:50 PM) *

beerchug.gif

piratenanner.gif

Nah we finished it up this AM.

It quit snowing ,sun started shining, flowers blooming and all, so we snapped a pic of our cars.
Wilhelm
I think I might take a little snow. It raining so much here (Columbia River Gorge), I'm waiting for the swamp people to crawl out of the mud.
dinomium
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 15 2009, 08:46 PM) *

Rich

Rich

Rally racing is where it is at, but have you seen the drop off from turn 6 at Seattle?
LOL
Pacific Raceways already looks like an only Gruppe B rally stage with rutty pavement and lots of Trees to hit! AND if you really try, you could clear the tire barrier and tumble the 250 feet on to the train tracks below. oh, those big green things are called trees!
With a wrx sti I would say hell yeah! Not in a rear wheel drive BMW...
championgt1
Really cool picture! driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2009, 11:03 PM) *

I had to run and pick my parents up at the airport. It would apear they have not heard of shuttle express dry.gif .

Curt and I got two coats on and loking good. Just need to wait for the kids to go to bed before I head back out and get a little higher.

By the way. It would seem as though Curt is a little bit of a perfectionist.... in case you didn't know. poke.gif

Lol. My parents made me ride the shuttle when I came home for Christmas. It sucked waiting for all the other people to get dropped off n stuff. chair.gif Oh well. So Jon u painting your car? What color if so n u better put pics up or send me some when its done. aktion035.gif beer3.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2009, 12:20 PM) *

I can't believe the size of some of these flakes blink.gif Where do I live again? I didn't think this happened here confused24.gif headbang.gif

Look up global warming. That theory seems to work for everyone else. lol-2.gif drunk.gif
6freak
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 16 2009, 09:06 AM) *

beerchug.gif

piratenanner.gif

It quit snowing ,sun started shining, flowers blooming and all, so we snapped a pic of our cars.

you will go too hell for lying slap.gif
6freak
QUOTE(dinomium @ Mar 16 2009, 10:25 AM) *

Rich

Rich

Rally racing is where it is at, but have you seen the drop off from turn 6 at Seattle?
LOL
Pacific Raceways already looks like an only Gruppe B rally stage with rutty pavement and lots of Trees to hit! AND if you really try, you could clear the tire barrier and tumble the 250 feet on to the train tracks below. oh, those big green things are called trees!

thats turn 3B ...snowfairy
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 16 2009, 10:59 AM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 16 2009, 09:06 AM) *

beerchug.gif

piratenanner.gif

you will go too hell for lying slap.gif

Why would he lie about that confused24.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 16 2009, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Mar 16 2009, 10:25 AM) *

Rich

Rich

LOL

thats turn 3B ...snowfairy

Yes, we are looking at the 3b turn station, and the lead BMW in this photo is technically in Turn 4, also know as the back straight. I didnt find good pix to steal to illustrate turn 6 and the tyre wall drop off from that day. But those of us who know that track, know that 5 5b and 6 are a tricky bit in the dry, in the wet it is dangerous and in the snow it is nearly suicidal!
The girl I was instructing on Saturday thought it was fun in her Sentra in the snow, so I guess I am just a big sissy....
6freak
3A through 6 is where i make up all me time on the fast guys .....In the dry of course ..thats pretty much my favorite part of the track...In the snow F that those RR tracks are a long ways down
dinomium
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 16 2009, 12:54 PM) *

3A through 6 is where i make up all me time on the fast guys .....In the dry of course ..thats pretty much my favorite part of the track...In the snow F that those RR tracks are a long ways down

W
O
R
D
!
You would sound like Eddie Murphy's aunt as you went down, Help me Hep Me!
crash boom
MY SHOE!
goonie goo goo!
r_towle
looks like what we have to drive in here for four months a year.
I would have kept going....lol

RIch
dinomium
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 16 2009, 05:05 PM) *

looks like what we have to drive in here for four months a year.
I would have kept going....lol

RIch

I was only pit crew, but it was the Chief Corner Steward that put the kibosh on the racing... Of course I say 'you bunch of Nancys" since again I was a glorified spectator!
One guy was out there in a sports racer spyder and a Chaterham! bhrrrrr!
RJMII
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 15 2009, 10:25 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Hey, didn't you say somewhere that you have a PhD? Was that from an accredited school?

(greenie put me up to it lol-2.gif )

can we get back to the starting a fight idea of the thread?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 16 2009, 08:12 PM) *

Hey, didn't you say somewhere that you have a PhD? Was that from an accredited school?

Curt told me he really did want to fight with Rob. He said he only likes to pick fights with people who can put up a good fight. I don't know what he meant by that confused24.gif

happy11.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 16 2009, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 16 2009, 08:12 PM) *

Curt told me he really did want to fight with Rob. He said he only likes to pick fights with people who can put up a good fight. I don't know what he meant by that confused24.gif

happy11.gif

He probably meant that your wife could probably take you, so he'd rather mess with Rob.
Oh wait, this is supposed to be between Rob and Curt... Nevermind. lol
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif My wife kick both of our asses when Curt was over here sad.gif happy11.gif

but yes, this is between Curt and Rob.

I heard that Rob once kick Chuck Norris's ass poke.gif
RJMII
I met a guy who knew Chuck Norris and his brother in High School; he said Chuck was a weenie back in the day. Was that when Rob stepped up? poke.gif
jimtab
I used to dive with a guy who fought full contact, and he had a match with Chuck Norris when Norris was about 15-20 years older than him and he said anyone who thinks he's a pussy should step into the ring with him....said it was a bad beating he took and still lost....and my buddy was in shape and a good fighter by all accounts....dead now, poor bastard, shallow water blackout got him in So-Cal channel islands about 8 years ago. It really is true that there are old divers and bold divers but not many old, bold divers....RIP Crombie monster......
SLITS
Youse guys dona have snow in the PNW. It's the crack fallout from Tacoma.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 16 2009, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 15 2009, 10:25 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Accredited? Is that important? Seriously, I serve on an accreditation committee for schools of anesthesia. Gets me two trips to Chicago and one to Palm Springs a year...

Yes, an accredited school. You ought to see my student loan payments!
rhodyguy
500ft snow level this am.
DNHunt
Yikes Kevin

It's sunny over here. I just did 70 miles in the teener up through Port Orchard and back.

Dave
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 29 2009, 09:19 AM) *

500ft snow level this am.

Looks just like my yard did Kevin WTF.gif ITS APRIL...Was Dino the snow fairy out and about again
6freak
April 1 and snowing ....Im so sick of this wet weather I wanna drive my car..Saterdays gonna be nice (fingers crossed) take`n the six to Griot`s garage for a tec session and maybe on the cover of there monthly catalogue
rtalich
WTF!!! Enough already with this crappy weather! Doesn't stop me from driving my 914 though.
messix
mother nature blows....... oh wait that was yesterday!

i was working til 8:30 last night cleaning up from from that blow. fuchin' trees!
DNHunt
Drove mine this morning for a short drive. It started to get nasty so put it in the garage. I thought March was supposed to go out like a lamb. April is supposed to be showers. I'm betting on gully washers this month instead.
Mr.242

UUUUMMMMMM....I spent the night cleaning up Snoqualmie Summit.

do you know how many people don't know how to put on chains!? confused24.gif

yesh! headbang.gif

Is this an April Fool's joke? I am Ready for Spring.....

FYI: the de-icer DOT puts on the roads...not good for aluminum parts, rims, etc. (lots of pitting) It will also do wonders for your brake seals too! I personally wouldn't drive on the stuff in a 914 until it is NO longer being applied by DOT.

Your cars.....but mine won't drive on the stuff until they take the de-icing gear of the trucks. It's nasty stuff

6freak
or how bout the ones that put the chains on the back of there front wheel drives slap.gif .Thats some funny chit ...er scarey is more like it screwy.gif
championgt1
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
funny for an ALL WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE!!! looks like you were ready to take them back off.

rt to long beach for $156, total, this am. i can't buy the fuel to get there and back for that.
championgt1
Not our car. Saw that picture on another forum. RWD Ford Mustang with chains on the front? screwy.gif

TURN IN YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2009, 08:23 AM) *

funny for an ALL WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE!!! looks like you were ready to take them back off.

rt to long beach for $156, total, this am. i can't buy the fuel to get there and back for that.

But ya cant drive the airplane around willows either
rhodyguy
my bad jack. at first glance i thought it was the subby.

right mike. i had the willows experience last time down and i didn't even have a trailer to haul my car on in case something went wrong. ya know what i mean? wink.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Apr 2 2009, 08:29 AM) *

Not our car. Saw that picture on another forum. RWD Ford Mustang with chains on the front? screwy.gif

TURN IN YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is Scarry, and they drive on the same streets as us. sad.gif

Is it clearing up any? Its getting hot here, sure sign of spring.
rhodyguy
40* and rain. shorts and sandal weather. smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2009, 08:41 AM) *

my bad jack. at first glance i thought it was the subby.

right mike. i had the willows experience last time down and i didn't even have a trailer to haul my car on in case something went wrong. ya know what i mean? wink.gif

.Know what ya mean! smile.gif But i still need to check willows off my bucket list driving.gif of tracks to drive
6freak
...when it hits 50 we break out the sun block(spf1000) and shades shades.gif
charliew
Suns shining but 40 mph winds in TX.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.