Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALIMENA 1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TheCabinetmaker
Sept or even Oct are both good times of the year. Not much tourist traffic on the road like in the summer, and much cooler. My car and I both like that.
bandjoey
MUSR in October.
August will be HOT and schools are starting
A Saturday in early Sept might draw the biggest crowd.
jcambo7
Sept or Oct would be good for me! I would definitely be there! biggrin.gif driving.gif
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 13 2010, 05:45 PM) *

MUSR in October.
August will be HOT and schools are starting
A Saturday in early Sept might draw the biggest crowd.

Earlier in Sept the better for anyone thinking of MUSR11??

Looks like Palooza is Nov 12-14 this year??
bandjoey
Did the drive on New Years and stayed in the Hotel on top of the mountain. Dead ugly drive in the winter with all the trees dead, but nobody on the road. The hotel was empty and great - old fashioned with fireplaces and some snow outside.
hot_shoe914
Ever hear of Porsche Palooza? Usually 1st or 2nd weekend in November up in Eureka Springs.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 14 2010, 01:29 AM) *

Ever hear of Porsche Palooza? Usually 1st or 2nd weekend in November up in Eureka Springs.

The guys that put that on have been after me for a couple of years to get the 914 contingent together.
kerensky
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 13 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Did the drive on New Years and stayed in the Hotel on top of the mountain. Dead ugly drive in the winter with all the trees dead, but nobody on the road. The hotel was empty and great - old fashioned with fireplaces and some snow outside.
Yes, that hotel is really neat. We usually grab a B&B but often go up to the Hotel to catch a carriage ride or take pictures. It has great views of the entire valley. I actually like the drive in winter. My wife and I occasionally go to Eureka for our anniversary in February. Of course, one year we got hit with a snowstorm as we were leaving to come home - *that* was a harrowing experience!

For this, tho, a Fall drive seems more appropriate. smile.gif

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 14 2010, 03:55 AM) *

The guys that put that on have been after me for a couple of years to get the 914 contingent together.
Sounds like a good opportunity. Of course, the drive will take up most of Saturday so that might interfere with the Palooza-tivities. wink.gif

Just checked, this year's event is Nov 12-14. Looks like Sunday is just the autocross and lunch, so perhaps meet in Eureka on Saturday, partake any desired events, then take the Pig Trail and Talimena on the way home Sunday.

Here's a copy of the 'event schedule' from the 2009 event:
2009 PCA Palooza Schedule Of Events
PCA Palooza Schedule
Friday, November 13
3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Registration
6:00 pm Welcome Mixer / Live Music (7:00 Hors d'oeuvres)

Saturday, November 14
8:00 am - Noon Spirited Drives
10:00 am - Noon Scenic Drive
Noon - 2:00 pm Lunch / Wash Stations Available
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Car Show / People's Choice
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm Tech Sessions
7:30 pm Dinner, Awards, and Door Prizes ($40 / person)

Sunday, November 15
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Autocross
2:00 pm Closing Lunch
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 14 2010, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 13 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Yes, that hotel is really neat. We usually grab a B&B but often go up to the Hotel to catch a carriage ride or take pictures. It has great views of the entire valley. I actually like the drive in winter. My wife and I occasionally go to Eureka for our anniversary in February. Of course, one year we got hit with a snowstorm as we were leaving to come home - *that* was a harrowing experience!

For this, tho, a Fall drive seems more appropriate. smile.gif

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 14 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Sounds like a good opportunity. Of course, the drive will take up most of Saturday so that might interfere with the Palooza-tivities. wink.gif

Just checked, this year's event is Nov 12-14. Looks like Sunday is just the autocross and lunch, so perhaps meet in Eureka on Saturday, partake any desired events, then take the Pig Trail and Talimena on the way home Sunday.

Here's a copy of the 'event schedule' from the 2009 event:
2009 PCA Palooza Schedule Of Events
PCA Palooza Schedule
Friday, November 13
3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Registration
6:00 pm Welcome Mixer / Live Music (7:00 Hors d'oeuvres)

Saturday, November 14
8:00 am - Noon Spirited Drives
10:00 am - Noon Scenic Drive
Noon - 2:00 pm Lunch / Wash Stations Available
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Car Show / People's Choice
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm Tech Sessions
7:30 pm Dinner, Awards, and Door Prizes ($40 / person)

Sunday, November 15
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Autocross
2:00 pm Closing Lunch

Chad!
That sounds like a great idea! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.