Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Red Rocks Classic 2009 Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Madswede
Is Greg Robbins going? I can't be the only 968 ... again ... and again ... and ag............

- Nelson
Sleepin
I have not heard from Greg at all. Shoot him a PM. I have not heard from Ernie or Jason either....speaking of the AZ folks...
Sleepin
Welcome Wild 6 to the RRC ranks! biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 30 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Welcome Wild 6 to the RRC ranks! biggrin.gif

Andy(Wild6) = things just got faster!
Sleepin
Perfect! Although I had to slow things down again... poke.gif ThinAir (Ernie) just joined the ranks as well! biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Just a quick reminder: The Tee Shirt Order Deadline is at Midnight!

Order Thread, or just send me a PM! smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
Sleepin
The Gateway event has been reserved! It will include a dining area, a sandwich and soup bar, an auto museum ticket and parking on the museum lawn for our show-n-shine! biggrin.gif
Sleepin
47 days Left!
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif

On the 45 day counter at the top of your page! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Hey all, I just spoke to Sandy about this event again. Were still on the fence but not out. Were not signed up yet but we may be coming. We have taken two major vacations this year in the car. One to the East Coast and one to the West. screwy.gif I'm going to do a budget tonight. We shall see. assimilate.gif

Just tried to make a reservation. They asked me to hold, sent the phone on the counter not on hold, checked in a guest or two, then things got quite for about ten minutes. I could hear back ground noise and an occasional paper noise but they never picked up the phone. I tried calling back but it only rang with no answer. I bet they will notice the phones off the hook soon..

Were still on the fence kids.

OK, I have a reservation. Thats as far as I can go for now. At 14 MPG estimated fuel cost is $ 600.00 This will be another "G" I need to get to work.
JoeSharp
popcorn[1].gif
Sleepin
agree.gif
Sleepin
I am very pleased to announce that Lord Joe Sharp and his Lady Betsy will be attending RRC 2009!

piratenanner.gif smoke.gif pray.gif
Ferg
beerchug.gif Best news of my day!

Ferg
MoveQik
This has trouble written all over it..... biggrin.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 4 2009, 08:44 PM) *

This has trouble written all over it..... biggrin.gif

Hey, If God didn't want us in trouble, he wouldn't be sending Joe Sharp...

Just try and argue that logic biggrin.gif
Ferg w00t.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 4 2009, 07:53 PM) *

I am very pleased to announce that Lord Joe Sharp and his Lady Betsy will be attending RRC 2009!

piratenanner.gif smoke.gif pray.gif

clap56.gif
TravisNeff
I'm down like Charlie Brown. paypal sent.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 5 2009, 09:13 AM) *

I'm down like Charlie Brown. paypal sent.

Dear god....you mean the AZ caravan will have more than one car?? This is good indeed!

Reminds of the huge caravan we had a couple of years ago going to Atomic....

IPB Image
Sleepin
Wow! That was huge!
AZ914
Wish I could make it this year but we've had plans scheduled for months over that weekend.

I keep reading this thread for updates all the time for some reason.. :?!
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 5 2009, 04:15 PM) *

Wish I could make it this year but we've had plans scheduled for months over that weekend.

And you are???? poke.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 7 2009, 06:04 AM) *

And you are???? poke.gif

I thought you asked him that last year.... confused24.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 7 2009, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 7 2009, 06:04 AM) *

And you are???? poke.gif

I thought you asked him that last year.... confused24.gif

Yeah I know.... bye1.gif
TravisNeff
Room booked.

When I called they said they were all booked up, but when I mentioned red rocks classic they said they had availability - so remember to mention this when you call.
Sleepin
Good idea, please don't forget to mention "914world, clubNARP or Red Rocks Classic" when booking a room. They do still have rooms set aside for us!
azbill
I will not be going. Had rotator cuff surgery. Out of the commission for awhile. Getting old is not fun.

Bill Shaffer
Sleepin
Hopefully the wife's car is running for RRC as well....currently it is:

IPB Image
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif
Sleepin
Special thanks goes out to MikeZ and Joe at NBD Graphics!!! biggrin.gif
Sleepin
I also have met two local 914 owners on two separate days. One is a definite and the other a maybe for attendees for RRC!

(I have noted that people look at me like I am nuts when I chase them down until they stop somewhere and run up to talk to them....it's kind of fun to do actually! biggrin.gif )
Gint
Found an older (retired-ish) lady at the Vdub gig at Bandimere last Sunday. She said they lived on the western slope and owned a 914. I pointed her your direction.
Sleepin
Excellent! Thanks Gint!

Please also welcome Mike Oberg and Kuvy to RRC09! smile.gif
Sleepin
Our judging lawn for the Show-N-Shine: cool.gif
IPB Image

Time for a drive?:
IPB Image

I may have to have a high quality sound recorder for this one!
IPB Image
sixnotfour
I hope 2010 will happen also , I have been to Tahoe a million times , hell , I got married there. I really enjoy the scenery the RRC offers and the members that attend.
Will "that guy" from last year show ?
rick 918-S
Hey, will there be a hose at the hotel or a car wash close to the venue so the World travelers will be able to clean the road grime of when they arrive?

I'm asking cause I drove half way across the country twice this year and both times I ran through some of the most foul weather you can imagine. By the time I arrived both times my car looked like it had a flat black paint job and the splattered bugs made it look like I was attempting to fertilize a Chia farm. dry.gif
Sleepin
I will guarantee a venue for a washing. Worse case scenario, you can borrow my driveway, bucket, garage, kids....etc.. biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Shirts are in! Like last year.... wink.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif

One month!!!!!
Sleepin
30 Days! Register Now! biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Ferg
This will be epic. beerchug.gif

For a added bonus, I will drive my car to the event and not use one single bit of blue painters tape to protect it from rock chips. blink.gif That's right folks, unprotected.

All must be there to witness such a unheard of event. rolleyes.gif

Ferg
SLITS
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 18 2009, 09:31 AM) *

For a added bonus, I will drive my car to the event and not use one single bit of blue painters tape to protect it from rock chips. blink.gif That's right folks, unprotected.

Ferg

Yeh, yeh .... you'll find the only bush in the desert close to Fruita, park behind it and remove the tape, then gloriously drive into town with beads of sweat pouring from your forehead.

It may be extremely hard to find a bush big enough to hide the trailer and tow vehicle though.

No bs.gif Ferg.
Ferg
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 18 2009, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 18 2009, 09:31 AM) *

Ferg

Yeh, yeh .... you'll find the only bush in the desert close to Fruita, park behind it and remove the tape, then gloriously drive into town with beads of sweat pouring from your forehead.

It may be extremely hard to find a bush big enough to hide the trailer and tow vehicle though.

No bs.gif Ferg.

Hey, I'm serious. I'm out of tape (used it all for Parade in Keystone) and walked right by it the other day at the hardware store and didn't buy any w00t.gif I'm going for broke on this trip shades.gif
Sleepin
I think you need to go check yourself into the ER Ferg! Something is definetly wrong here! bye1.gif
MoveQik
A HUGE thanks to Paul(Spunone) for his donation to the the event. Someone will go home with some good bling for their dash and center console!

Thanks Paul!

Also, PMB Performance(Eric Shea) has made a donation that will stop you in your tracks!

Thanks guys! You make the events that much better!
TravisNeff
Working on another recruit for the trip.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 18 2009, 11:52 PM) *

Working on another recruit for the trip.

Just because she stayed the night doesn't mean you are obligated to bring her. happy11.gif
Sleepin
Some of the guys will be biking:

IPB Image

And they will drees up like this:
IPB Image

and go down the hills like this:
IPB Image

cheer.gif

av-943.gif screwy.gif
SharonG
Is the dude in the cute pink outfit Eric Shea?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.