Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NorCal boys go to Tahoe to see the WCR Site!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come to Lake Tahoe in 2010 for drunken parking lot debauchery! drunk.gif biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come to WCR 2010 at Lake Tahoe for Autocrossing in the parking lot with the rest of SVR and SNR - PCA as MEAT lol-2.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 26 2009, 01:05 AM) *

I would encourage people to bring their spouse and stay all week. The rates during the week are very cheap. So much to do up there.

Would that be starting the week with WCR, or finishing the week with WCR?

We're contemplating attending; my wife is sure all for going to Tahoe. =o)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 16 2009, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 26 2009, 01:05 AM) *

I would encourage people to bring their spouse and stay all week. The rates during the week are very cheap. So much to do up there.

Would that be starting the week with WCR, or finishing the week with WCR?

We're contemplating attending; my wife is sure all for going to Tahoe. =o)

Either way you're a winner. When I said that I was refering to spending some quality vacation time with your SO and kids... There is easily enough to do to fill a week. Bring a camera though. The natural beauty alone will keep you clicking. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Are you saving that vacation time? Picture it... Days in the 80's nights in the 50's... Lots of organized fun and lots of disorganized drunken drunk.gif debauchery after dark, and 914's! driving.gif
ConeDodger

True story... We are getting our planning thing together and dividing up the duties for who plans and executes what for the WCR 2010 at Lake Tahoe and we are finding so much interest in drunken debauchery in the parking lot we are thinking we need to recruit another planner...

So what about it guys? Who do you think has mad drunken debauchery skills???
6freak
Thats a hard one ...there just so many to chose from lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 17 2009, 10:44 AM) *

Are you saving that vacation time? Picture it... Days in the 80's nights in the 50's... Lots of organized fun and lots of disorganized drunken drunk.gif debauchery after dark, and 914's! driving.gif

Rob,

Is the hotel going to provide restricted area for the WCC group and go along with the parking lot program ?
rick 918-S
My vote is for Joe Sharp and Mr. one tequilla, two tequilla, three tequilla, floor! drunk.gif lol-2.gif Just poke.gif funn at ya Mr. Tab! bye1.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Rob,

Is the hotel going to provide restricted area for the WCC group and go along with the parking lot program ?

Parking lot control with 24 hour security is my understanding...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 18 2009, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2009, 03:25 PM) *

Rob,

Parking lot control with 24 hour security is my understanding...

Does that mean they are gonna be OK with people drinking outside to all hours ?

Just asking, to be sure they are on board. If not, I'd look at options. My $0.02 smile.gif
McMark
Yeah, drinking outside in Tahoe is nothing unusual.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 18 2009, 08:17 PM) *

That's want I wanted---confirmation. Thanks
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2009, 07:24 PM) *

Jim,

Just tell them you're treating your altitude sickness... lol-2.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 18 2009, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2009, 07:24 PM) *

Jim,

Just tell them you're treating your altitude sickness... lol-2.gif

As the official resident college student, I volunteer for the horrendous duty of testing all the alcohol. I mean really, I'm willing to take this one for the team.
biosurfer1
As long as you're on the Nevada side of stateline, drinking along the strip is ok...

in the past it was fine just about anywhere, but with departments needing funding, they are enforcing as many laws as possible to levy fines these days
ConeDodger

Only 12 months and a few weeks until the WCR 2010 comes to Lake Tahoe! The economy should be better. You unemployed guys should be all "jobbed" up. Let's party at the lake!!!
jimtab
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 18 2009, 06:09 PM) *

My vote is for Joe Sharp and Mr. one tequilla, two tequilla, three tequilla, floor! drunk.gif lol-2.gif Just poke.gif funn at ya Mr. Tab! bye1.gif

That's ok Rick, I guess I've earned the title....but for the record...I DID stick the landing....and my knees and eyebrow are just fine now..... smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jimtab @ Aug 19 2009, 07:37 PM) *

That's ok Rick, I guess I've earned the title....but for the record...I DID stick the landing....and my knees and eyebrow are just fine now..... smile.gif

bye1.gif Can't wait to see you again buddy! Go easy on it. Your one tough Scott! thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jimtab @ Aug 19 2009, 07:37 PM) *

But did you really stick the landing Jim? Is there video? Judges? Let's go to the score cards.
ConeDodger

You cannot say you weren't warned that the WCR 2010 at Lake Tahoe wasn't coming! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Given it is Lake Tahoe - We should not have a lot of trouble getting wives and SO's to come... Hmmmm what activities can we come up with for them... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

WCR 2010 is coming up soon... Well, not soon but in a year or so. rolleyes.gif Are you going to have a running car? You have plenty of warning so get out to that garage and wrench! You don't want to miss this Porsche Fiesta La Grande!!! (warning, mixing Spanish and German is not for everyone. Don't try this without alcohol beer.gif )
ConeDodger

Met with the boys yesterday! We got more focused. We got someone looking into a fishing charter for any Ramblers who might be interested in that. We are exploring a golf group too. Oh and we talked about beer for the parking lot. beer.gif See you at WCR 2010 Lake Tahoe!
ConeDodger

The lake was calm last I saw it.... Waiting patiently for WCR 2010 Porsches at the Lake. Have you marked your calendar? Even McMark who has only had a running 914 at one WCR thinks he may have a running car for this one! (To be fair, he made many other cars run so they could make the WCR though). How about you? Will you be driving your 914? See you there...
ConeDodger

Did you know that WCR 2010 is going to be at Lake Tahoe? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

How about a little fun at the lake? Let's add some 914's and a bunch of street rods. How about some other Porsches and some music... An autocross or two and a car show... This is shaping up to be more fun than we deserve so we are just going to stay home...

NOT!!!!
RJMII
Rob, when is this again?

and how did this make it half way down the page? you're slacking!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 26 2009, 11:01 AM) *

Rob, when is this again?

and how did this make it half way down the page? you're slacking!

Actually, I am usually up at about 0630 and off to work by 0730. My 0700 update usually keeps it on the front page all day but they last couple days it has slid quickly down the page. I attribute this to the economy and job loss. If these guys had jobs it would stay at the top until evening. Now, I have to get back to work biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Very soon we begin the 365 day count down to the WCR 2010 at Lake Tahoe! You do not want to miss this event. Get your tux or ball gown cleaned and get ready to party!
ConeDodger

The kids are back in school. Not quite winter. A good time to go to Tahoe! Warm days, cool nights.... Ahhhh. See you at WCR 2010 at Lake Tahoe. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just 12 months and two weeks until the WCR 2010 Lake Tahoe Event! We are so short here we can dangle our feet off a dime people! Get out to those garages! Get those cars running! Let's get them off those jack stands!!! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Some time away at the lake... Ahhh... Just what a hard working guy like you needs. But wait! Porsches too! Perfect.
ConeDodger

This should be huge! Over a year to get your cars ready. Lots of time to save up the vacation. Will we see you there at the WCR 2010 in Lake Tahoe? You know you want to go.
RoadGlue
Rob, any chance you can just update this once per week? Bumping this thread daily isn't necessary and it means I'll get over three hundred more email updates on this thread alone before the event actually happens. I'm subscribed to this thread so I can get *real* updates. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Randy,
I need to keep my post count up so I don't get faceplanted by TC... biggrin.gif Unsubscribe and use the event planner forum for "real" updates. I think I gave you the password didn't I?
RoadGlue
Cool, unsubscribed.
McMark
This does kinda hit upon the reason we stopped nailing/pinning threads to the top of the page. The more a thread becomes a 'static' piece of the landscape, the more people ignore it.

It's a little like the boy who cried wolf. Instead of people looking to see what's new in the WCR2010 thread, they just assume it's another bump and therefore might miss out on info/discussion/updates.

I'll work on getting a banner ad into the rotation.
ConeDodger

So far we have PCA doing the autocross for probably two days, fishing excursions, possibly golf, drunken debauchery in the parking lot at night, we are trying to find out if any track group is using Reno-Fernley so we could piggyback on to them, drives... We may even have alternative drives led by different peeps...

It is shaping up!
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 26 2009, 08:26 AM) *

How about a little fun at the lake? Let's add some 914's and a bunch of street rods. How about some other Porsches and some music... An autocross or two and a car show... This is shaping up to be more fun than we deserve so we are just going to stay home...

NOT!!!!

were was this pix taken and who owns all the 6`s
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 31 2009, 12:45 PM) *

This does kinda hit upon the reason we stopped nailing/pinning threads to the top of the page. The more a thread becomes a 'static' piece of the landscape, the more people ignore it.

It's a little like the boy who cried wolf. Instead of people looking to see what's new in the WCR2010 thread, they just assume it's another bump and therefore might miss out on info/discussion/updates.

I'll work on getting a banner ad into the rotation.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree oh Big Brained one. smile.gif In the 35 days since this thread started it has gotten roughly 60 hits a day, more than 2 an hour. It serves the purpose of keeping it in people's minds. cheer.gif

In all the years I have been hanging here I have only clicked on a banner ad maybe 5 times. confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
Did you say there would be a lake drive ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 1 2009, 05:18 PM) *

Did you say there would be a lake drive ?

Not exactly... blink.gif
ConeDodger

Get that car off the jackstands! Work out the kinks! Get it roadworthy because the WCR 2010 Lake Tahoe doesn't wait for anyone. This will be huge but we need you to be ready and at your best! Because the PCA will be there too! They will be holding the autocross... Make your plans! See you there!
PeeGreen 914
My car's not on jackstands confused24.gif . Winter's coming and sometimes the bordum does get the best of me though happy11.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 2 2009, 07:35 PM) *

My car's not on jackstands confused24.gif . Winter's coming and sometimes the bordum does get the best of me though happy11.gif

Winter??? What the hell is that? slap.gif
PeeGreen 914
That time of the year it get's really grey and rains a lot here..... and if it is anything like last winter we get a touch of snow dry.gif

Crazy Californian lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 3 2009, 02:51 AM) *

That time of the year it get's really grey and rains a lot here..... and if it is anything like last winter we get a touch of snow dry.gif

SNOW!!! RAIN!!! What do you do with it??? blink.gif
ConeDodger

A little algebra for you this morning. Picture the most beautiful thing you have ever seen and then multiply it to the power of 10. That is Lake Tahoe... See you there in 2010?

Only thing is Dave, pretty much all of Lake Tahoe is a no smoking area! av-943.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 3 2009, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 3 2009, 02:51 AM) *

SNOW!!! RAIN!!! What do you do with it??? blink.gif

Well we hold it in very big ponds! make electricity with it and sale it to crazy Californians
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.