Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just an FYI, I am retiring from the tranny rebuild biz this May-June
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Already taking steps. I took a load of scrap to the recycler today. They laughed when I took the pic smile.gif The bin and the bucket are full of metal bits and were very heavy. I am very happy to have some floor space back. I need to spruce up the garage for the pending visit by my new apprentice this Wed night happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Okey dokey, here is the last update. I will be going on sabbatical starting June 1st until at least a year, maybe 3, maybe more. May is pretty stuffed with work and trips so if you want me to do your work, you better get on the ball! smile.gif
Lingcuisine
Pm sent for rebuild DVD please send PayPal info
Thanks
tumamilhem
Hey Mike, were you planning on coming to Northeast Florida or to Series 9 in Deland for a workshop? I have that extra tranny I told you about that was rebuilt before but the speedo nut blew I hole out the back. I was just going to keep it as a parts tranny but if it just needs a new speedo nut and casing, it'd be worth fixing for a good spare.

My matching #s tranny seems fine, but if you're retiring, it may be a good time to refresh all of it too.
scotty b
Tommy, check the date of the posting. Mike retired back in 2009 rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
LOL, I am a poor predictor of the future. Tried to quit in 2005 on my way to med school. Then again in 2009 on my way to residency. I am not planning on quitting any time soon. Actually, I just keep getting better and better as the boxes get older and older.
Hank914
" Actually, I just keep getting better and better as the boxes get older and older. "

Like a fine wine? Or a PBR? beer3.gif
toolguy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 4 2015, 07:02 AM) *

Actually, I just keep getting better and better as the boxes get older and older.

Sounds like a punch line from Richard Gere in "American Gigolo"
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Hank914 @ May 4 2015, 10:18 AM) *

" Actually, I just keep getting better and better as the boxes get older and older. "

Like a fine wine? Or a PBR? beer3.gif

No, PBR is always bad. wink.gif
OU8AVW
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2015, 05:47 AM) *

Tommy, check the date of the posting. Mike retired back in 2009 rolleyes.gif

It's still funny....

Click to view attachment
type47
Whoops ... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.