Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LED Brake/Taillight Group Buy
euro911
post Jul 28 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #81

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

The Postman delivered mine today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hoping to get them installed soon

Thanks Jerry! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jul 28 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #82

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I also got mine today, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can try them out.
+Quote Post
914Mike
post Aug 4 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 198

Just seeing this today. One thing you should consider is to make the side markers Red on the amber turn signal boards.

Worst experience ever is following a US spec 914 with Euro lenses slapped on over the stock bulbs at night. There is not supposed to be any amber/yellow light on the rear of the car, (except for turn signals) and that includes side markers. Just by changing the side LEDs to red you will solve this. I have about 5 red LEDs replacing my little side marker bulb and the effect is great! It lights up the whole amber turn lens red. When the turn signal amber LEDs flash the light goes from dim red to bright yellow and back to dim red. Much better than before.

Like Andy said, it's only a matter of time before someone notices, usually at the worst possible moment, ala Murphy...

+Quote Post
mikesmith
post Aug 4 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 16,354
Region Association: Northern California

Thanks for the R2 advice, just updated mine.

A couple quick notes:

- One of my brake assemblies had the T and B wires backwards (in the plug). Not a difficult fix, but just to let you know you had a QC escape.
- I had one too few of the long brake clips, one too many of the long similar turn signal clips, and three too many screws. (None of these are issues, your sizing of the boards is spot-on so they are snug fit without extra clips).
- Inserting/removing the bayonet adapters is quite easy if you jam a finger of appropriate size into the adapter and pretend you're inserting your finger. Little side guys are a bit difficult if you have big fingers, but I have had mine in and out several times whilst tinkering.
- The extra-long turn signal/marker clips benefit from a dab of silicone adhesive once everything is OK. Not too much, so you can still yank them out, but just enough to stop them from popping off.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Aug 5 2014, 07:18 AM
Post #85

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mikesmith @ Aug 5 2014, 01:45 AM) *

Thanks for the R2 advice, just updated mine.

A couple quick notes:

- One of my brake assemblies had the T and B wires backwards (in the plug). Not a difficult fix, but just to let you know you had a QC escape.
- I had one too few of the long brake clips, one too many of the long similar turn signal clips, and three too many screws. (None of these are issues, your sizing of the boards is spot-on so they are snug fit without extra clips).
- Inserting/removing the bayonet adapters is quite easy if you jam a finger of appropriate size into the adapter and pretend you're inserting your finger. Little side guys are a bit difficult if you have big fingers, but I have had mine in and out several times whilst tinkering.
- The extra-long turn signal/marker clips benefit from a dab of silicone adhesive once everything is OK. Not too much, so you can still yank them out, but just enough to stop them from popping off.

Well that sucks about the wires. I test all of these for functionality but the high/low settings must have slipped by me. Glad you could fix it. PM sent about the clips.

BTW, I enclose a couple of extra screws with every set since these little things have a way of getting lost during assembly and installation.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Aug 5 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #86

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I recall reading this at the start but forgot about it.
VERY NICE. I agree these look to be a must have from just the increased visibility standpoint.
When you are back from your break count me in for a set.
Thx
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Apr 16 2015, 11:03 AM
Post #87

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

hey Spoke,

are you still making these?
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Apr 16 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 16 2015, 12:03 PM) *

hey Spoke,

are you still making these?

There's a newer thread:

LED Stuff
Hurry if you want some. I think he might be almost done. PM him too.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:04 PM