Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magnus had an eventful day at the opening of MPLS Porsche
ConeDodger
post Sep 1 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #141

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Sep 1 2015, 01:29 PM) *

Say what you want about Magnus. I am sure it is not his proudest of moments. But many with a long hood ass dragger is thankful for him. I had read his passion for these cars have driven up the prices of these significantly over the past few years. So when I get mine completed I will toast him for his feats prior to this regrettable event!!

I like Magnus but I doubt he had much at all to do with the prices going up. That has been slowly building for some time...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Sep 1 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #142

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

My mother used to race at the old Baylands Dragstrip In fremont, California (Hwy 880 & Auto Mall Parkway). Back in the early to late 70's, she would put me in the stands with a friend and race her VW Beetle! I wish I had pictures of that, probably why I have been into aircooled VW's for as long as I can remember.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Oct 26 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #143

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

http://www.thegentlemanracer.com/2015/10/v...ous-street.html

Yep, older video showing him racing a Honda Civic on the freeway with traffic....

+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 27 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #144

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

The streets and freeways in metropolitan areas are not the place to do this. Driving fast only entices others to do the same.

I remember a time several years ago, Dianne & I were coming home from a Joe Sharp BBQ, N/B on the 405, and two rice rockets came up dangerously weaving in and out of traffic (racing each other). One of the drivers (in a 350z) almost hit us attempting to enter the carpool lane we were in (he had no passenger either).

Dianne got the license # for the z and called the CHP. It wouldn't surprise me if either one of those guys (or possible both) have totaled their cars by now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Oct 27 2015, 11:15 AM
Post #145

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

So I liked the guy originally and somewhat envied what he's accomplished - I have total respect for someone that is 'self made' and have no problem at all with self promotion...

Then the incident with the truck soured me a bit...if you want the celebrity and fame/fortune that comes with it, you also need to accept the responsibility...especially when representing a brand like Porsche.

Now seeing this video? "teenage punk" is all I can think of....yes I know he's not a teenager, but he sure seems to act like one. VERY disappointing and just about any level of respect I had for him is now out the window...
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Oct 27 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

*Ahem*... TOLD YA SO.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 27 2015, 11:56 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

This is the public view, directly off of someone's cloud right on to the World's lap. The video MW hopes that his auto- insurer never watches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Oct 27 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #148

Member No.: 10,510

When I met him in Minneapolis the day he crashed 277 (before I saw the video), he said it was the first time he's ever wrecked a car.

It's a shame really. He's built some beautiful Porsches and I absolutely love that he drives his cars and understands that these cars are supposed to be driven. BUT, you don't have to race them on public roads in traffic. Can you not just drive them and enjoy cruising while sharing the road with commuters? The world is not your race track Magnus...
+Quote Post
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
post Oct 27 2015, 01:23 PM
Post #149

Member No.: 12,150
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Did anyone else who saw the car at Rennsport notice they were careful when painting to match the "patina" of the rest of the car?

It wasn't a show quality job on the wrecked portion...I'd be interested to know from some of our painters here how they do it? It wasn't like there were rock chips..just looked a little "dirty" and old like the rest? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 27 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #150

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Every now and then I find myself goosing it to thwart a line of gutter snipers, but I find it less stressful just trying to get in the far left lane so I don't have to deal with those fucks ... a symptom of Low T, I guess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The speed limit on the street in front of our city hall (and PD) is 35mph. I'll do +/- 40, but I see people passing me doing 50 ~ 60mph all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Even some of the 'spirited' drives on back roads we've done during some of the events I've attended have gotten a little out of hand. Fortunately, I can only remember one mishap that occurred and nobody was injured (car was totaled though) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
john77
post Oct 27 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #151

Member No.: 17,027

QUOTE(Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You @ Oct 27 2015, 12:23 PM) *

Did anyone else who saw the car at Rennsport notice they were careful when painting to match the "patina" of the rest of the car?

It wasn't a show quality job on the wrecked portion...I'd be interested to know from some of our painters here how they do it? It wasn't like there were rock chips..just looked a little "dirty" and old like the rest? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Alchemy paint did the work. Matt painted it and then 'aged' it to match the rest of the car. You can see some of what he did on instagram @alchemy_paint
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:23 AM