Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SALE in time for FATHER’S DAY - Tartan & Houndstooth Bags, and More, Introducing - Lady's 914 Tote
stevegm
post Jan 31 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

Bags are in production. They are coming out nicely. I’m very happy with them. And we have been very happy with the responses we’ve gotten on them from everybody.

The introductory discount ends this coming Monday. So I thought I’d post it here, if anyone is still interested in using it:

Here is the link to our website: http://redlinenine.com

The travel bag discount code is- TB914WJAN20 - and gives a $50 discount. You can use it for as many bags as you want. The link directly to the travel bag is - Tartan/Houndstooth Travel Bags

You will also see a large/small bag combo on the website. The discount code for the travel and tote (overnight) bag combo (2 bags) is - TTBC914WJAN20 - and gives a $65 discount. The link directly to the bag combo is - Tartan/Houndstooth Travel & Tote Bag Combo

The $30 discount code for the 914/914-6 Tool Wraps is - TW914WJAN20
The link to the tool wraps is - 914/914-6 Tool Wrap
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 2 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #62

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

We ordered our bags last night. Can't wait to see them!
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 2 2020, 09:45 AM
Post #63

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Tool wrap order placed. Thanks for the reminder when I saw this back on top of forum.

Lots of other cool stuff here -- shirts, 914 posters, etc. Very cool.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 2 2020, 10:03 AM
Post #64

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

I ordered my bags right away, excited to have them for Amelia & Kiawah, ordering my hat and tool bag today-those will match the car, getting my bags in same pattern as my seats.

+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 2 2020, 12:38 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 2 2020, 10:25 AM) *

We ordered our bags last night. Can't wait to see them!

Thanks. Matisse-Blue with Black Leather has been a popular color.
+Quote Post
green ernie
post Feb 2 2020, 05:39 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 18,354
Region Association: England

Tool bag in green plaid ordered, thanks for the discount (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 3 2020, 07:57 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 2 2020, 11:03 AM) *

I ordered my bags right away, excited to have them for Amelia & Kiawah, ordering my hat and tool bag today-those will match the car, getting my bags in same pattern as my seats.

Phil, They are in production now. The black/grey tartan is one of my favorite colors. If I didn’t have red tartan seats, that’s the color I’d go with. They’ll be done in time for Amelia.
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Feb 3 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #68

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596
Region Association: North East States

Could you make a black and yellow to match a Bumblee bee and a Cinnamon and orange to match a Creamsicle
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 3 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(TonyA @ Feb 3 2020, 09:25 AM) *

Could you make a black and yellow to match a Bumblee bee and a Cinnamon and orange to match a Creamsicle

Yes, we have talked about doing a “special edition” bag like that. Do you mean plaid? Because to stay with Porsche color/patterned cloth, there aren’t any of the standard 914 cloths that are perfect creamsickle and bumblebee-specific colors. We do have the yellow tartan/plaid. But it has a green strip in it from the factory.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 12 2020, 09:17 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Bags are shipping!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 12 2020, 12:03 PM
Post #71

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) man that orange houndstooth looks cool! I might have to get my next one and the tool kit holder in that to go with the car color, but I think my Black/grey tartan to match my seats will be very cool as well., any pictures of my black?( looking forward to the hat too)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 14 2020, 01:20 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Here is an update on the tartan/houndstooth products. Bags have been shipping this week. And we have a bunch in production as well. Like I mentioned before we made a few improvements to the final design before we began first production, upgrading the zipper to a high-quality zipper closure, and we improved the handles for strength and durability. I am really pleased with the final product. We have been honored by all of the orders we have received. We are also in the process of adding new cloths for 356s, as well as later model Porsche’s, and we have a few new products I think you will like. I will post more pictures of finished bags in different colors so you can see how different colors with black and saddle trim look.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 14 2020, 01:43 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

An Orange/Black carry-on bag. The small bags are nice. Very cool. And the orange seriously pops.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drem914
post Feb 14 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 9,062
Region Association: Southern California

Is there a tracking number available for our orders?
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 14 2020, 01:52 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 14 2020, 02:51 PM) *

Is there a tracking number available for our orders?

Yes. PM me your name and I will get it for you.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 15 2020, 11:52 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Red houndstooth with black trim.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 27 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #77

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 19 2020, 07:27 AM) *

When someone receives their bag can you post back here on the overall quality of the bag? Most interested in the quality and durability of the zipper closures.

I received my bag yesterday. (Six weeks after I placed the order.)
This is my unsolicited, non compensated, unbiased review. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)

Everything about this bag is top quality. (If I ever have Singer build me a 911,
I would immediately order a set of matching luggage from Redline Nine.)

My first impression was how soft and unstructured the bag is. It almost feels fluid, (but not at all flimsy.) I was also struck by how voluminous it is. It will require thoughtful packing to properly distribute the weight. The single zippered opening was ample access for stacking the clothes.

The craftsmanship of construction is worthy of the quality components.
The leather is buttery soft and supple. The light texture is pleasing.
The canvas material is very sturdy and will surely stand up to years of use without showing signs of wear. The simple lining is luxurious.
The zipper quality seems to match the rest of the product. I expected it to be durable. (I would hate for a $2 zipper to ruin a $200 bag.) The zipper only pulls one way. (Not double pull tabs like some bags.) The zipper hardware is gold while the 'D' rings are gunmetal? Strange but not distracting.

The leather handles are very sensual. The handles terminate at the bottom seam, and do not wrap around the bottom. (I think this design helps better support the mass with such a soft and flexible piece of luggage.) I tried a shoulder strap, and the contents wanted to shift and ball up in the center, if the bag was not fully loaded.

The bag fits well in either trunk/frunk of a Cayman or 914. (I expect it will work with all Porsche models.) I am looking forward to my next road trip to PCA Treffen and the Route 66 Classic, and being the envy of everyone in the parking lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/elvira.gif)Attached Image
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 27 2020, 04:42 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 27 2020, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 19 2020, 07:27 AM) *

When someone receives their bag can you post back here on the overall quality of the bag? Most interested in the quality and durability of the zipper closures.

I received my bag yesterday. (Six weeks after I placed the order.)
This is my unsolicited, non compensated, unbiased review. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)

Everything about this bag is top quality. (If I ever have Singer build me a 911,
I would immediately order a set of matching luggage from Redline Nine.)

My first impression was how soft and unstructured the bag is. It almost feels fluid, (but not at all flimsy.) I was also struck by how voluminous it is. It will require thoughtful packing to properly distribute the weight. The single zippered opening was ample access for stacking the clothes.

The craftsmanship of construction is worthy of the quality components.
The leather is buttery soft and supple. The light texture is pleasing.
The canvas material is very sturdy and will surely stand up to years of use without showing signs of wear. The simple lining is luxurious.
The zipper quality seems to match the rest of the product. I expected it to be durable. (I would hate for a $2 zipper to ruin a $200 bag.) The zipper only pulls one way. (Not double pull tabs like some bags.) The zipper hardware is gold while the 'D' rings are gunmetal? Strange but not distracting.

The leather handles are very sensual. The handles terminate at the bottom seam, and do not wrap around the bottom. (I think this design helps better support the mass with such a soft and flexible piece of luggage.) I tried a shoulder strap, and the contents wanted to shift and ball up in the center, if the bag was not fully loaded.

The bag fits well in either trunk/frunk of a Cayman or 914. (I expect it will work with all Porsche models.) I am looking forward to my next road trip to PCA Treffen and the Route 66 Classic, and being the envy of everyone in the parking lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/elvira.gif)Attached Image

Great picture!

Thank you very much for your review. I truly appreciate your feedback, and am glad you are pleased with your bag. My apologies for it taking six weeks to get it to you. We apparently initially ran our supplier (who makes the cloth) out of cloth, and they had to make more. Also our system didn’t send you an email confirming your address and letting you know it would be shipped signature required when it was supposed to. So yours went out a few days after completion.

It is an interesting combination of softness and structure. That is due to the automotive-grade cloths. All of the leather is full grain, and we are using a European-style finish, that provides the buttery soft feel. It is a large bag. I am amazed at how much I can get into it. I find myself using our carry-on bag for weekend trips, if I am alone, and our large bag for longer trips and trips with my wife.

We went to great lengths to source very durable zippers. The d-rings are color matched to the color of the actual zipper, rather than the zipper pull. This was chosen so they don’t stand out too much on top of the bag, and blend in. We have worked on various designs with respect to the handles. It was decided not to have them wrap under the bag due to their thickness (automotive grade). If they wrapped under the bag, they would be a thick addition to the bottom. Also, the original Porsche bags that we modeled ours after did not wrap under the bag.

Thanks again for posting your review.

PS: Do you mind if I put the picture on our website?
+Quote Post
pvollma
post Feb 27 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 15,862
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Any projected shipment date on the Porsche 914/914-6 Tool Wrap? I ordered one on 1/24.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 27 2020, 04:49 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE(pvollma @ Feb 27 2020, 05:47 PM) *

Any projected shipment date on the Porsche 914/914-6 Tool Wrap? I ordered one on 1/24.

We have a 4-week delivery period. So it should be going out this week. I will check on it and PM you.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 02:55 AM