Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TINKERGINEERING for those that are interested, We are helping to put this together
TINKERGINEERING
post May 24 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,031
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(sb914 @ May 22 2020, 04:37 AM) *

What a cute video. Subscribed!!!!

sb914 I am learning surfing this summer! Thats the first place I am driving the 914 to. Not sure what beach yet maybe county line. I need to get this done by the spring of 2024 to go surfing!
Also need to make a surf board rack.

(My Dad (Daniel) and I write and read the messages together - He says Hi and stay tuned!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TINKERGINEERING
post May 24 2020, 06:29 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Rleog @ May 22 2020, 05:58 AM) *

Subscribed, definitely.
This kid has loads of personality. She won me over the first time she pronounced Porsche. Her Mom and/or Dad definitely know their way around video editing. Thoroughly enjoyed the clip.

Rleog thanks for the kind words! This an awesome car. I need to sell more grapefruit for parts I think. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(My Dad (Daniel) and I write and read the messages together - He says Hi and wants me to start learning editing next!)
+Quote Post
TINKERGINEERING
post Jun 21 2020, 12:40 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 23 2020, 04:00 PM) *

The second video is a riot!

Thanks Learning so much!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Jun 21 2020, 01:07 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 22 2020, 06:48 AM) *

So, she is like 11 yrs old...
Looks like something this board can get behind and support.
Be interesting to watch her progress over the next few years.

Cary and I did a little coaching yesterday https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBrK8kQFLaw/?i...id=56n7k6i3hgsy
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Jun 21 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Another awesome video was just posted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I had the opportunity to stop by and visit Francis and her dad Dan. The unique front bumper in the video.... I think it was made of concrete. I was very surprised when I picked it up at how heavy it was. Probably weighs more than Francis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
Great job @tinkergineering
+Quote Post
ejmetz
post Jun 21 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 22,438
Region Association: South East States

Hey Frances (and Daniel) - awesome project!! Love the videos and I can’t wait to follow the progress.

I am also a 914 Newbie (however, not a Porsche Newbie), and believe it or not, just today I got the rebuilt engine running in the car for the fist time since I bought it! Can’t wait to get it on the road. It’s not electric, but I 100% believe that electric is the way to go, and I work closely with some of the latest technology in EVs. Have you had a chance to ride in the Taycan yet?

I have learned a TON from this forum and the members are awesome. 914 Rubber has been my “go-to” for most everything (including my new face masks). I place an order about once a week from them. (Part of the “fun” of restoring a Classic Porsche! - better keep selling those grapefruit!)

Keep up the Porsche Passion and I look forward to watching this project take shape!

Cheers!
Erich
+Quote Post
davep
post Jun 21 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #47

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(TINKERGINEERING @ May 24 2020, 04:22 PM) *

I am learning surfing this summer! Thats the first place I am driving the 914 to. Not sure what beach yet maybe county line. I need to get this done by the spring of 2024 to go surfing!
Also need to make a surf board rack.

Follow this link to an ad for the Surf Porsche:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=30435
Underneath the Targa bar (where the rear of the roof attaches) you will find 3 little plastic buttons on both sides. Pull these plugs, and you have threaded holes for attaching accessories. Remove the roof, and look in the rubber seal along the windshield frame, and there should be two plastic sockets about an inch wide and 1/8"
tall. With the proper frame, these allow tabs to be inserted for a roof rack, and still allow the roof to be installed; normally used for ski racks or a bicycle rack. So a few possibilities to install a surf board rack.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:29 AM