Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-Conversion of a '70 914, Patching that Big V8 radiator cutout pt. 1
76-914
post Sep 29 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #121

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 29 2021, 09:38 AM
Post #122

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 29 2021, 09:41 AM
Post #123

Oddly enough, this piece revealed a crease once it was cut away from the donor part. No problem as it was easy enough to hammer out. I drew a line across the crease in the pic above. This is the backside but it is still visible.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 29 2021, 09:47 AM
Post #124

Cleco's & patch piece's in place for final trimming. I will trim and weld them in place within the next day or 2. Currently I am serving time in the Honey Do Hotel and have been tasked with cleaning the windows and replacing the screens. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
partwerks
post May 14 2023, 08:14 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 6,787

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 29 2021, 05:25 AM) *

If the Wx is hot I'll bring the black one Jeremy; it has AC. Short of repairing the flashers I'm done with the inside. The shifter console is wrapped to match the dash face material and there's not much left to do other than drive it and tweak any anomalies that pop up. On the highway temps have been a steady 183F. Fans have yet to kick on but I expect with these warmer temps they will in stop 'n go traffic. I need to come up with a trunk prop. Something akin the current day engine hood props. And I'll probably carpet the trunk. And decals; I want to throw a bunch of retro decals on it.

I thought you had one that had the shifter mounted in with the stock console, and center seat cushion??
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 15 2023, 07:39 AM
Post #126

QUOTE(partwerks @ May 14 2023, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 29 2021, 05:25 AM) *

If the Wx is hot I'll bring the black one Jeremy; it has AC. Short of repairing the flashers I'm done with the inside. The shifter console is wrapped to match the dash face material and there's not much left to do other than drive it and tweak any anomalies that pop up. On the highway temps have been a steady 183F. Fans have yet to kick on but I expect with these warmer temps they will in stop 'n go traffic. I need to come up with a trunk prop. Something akin the current day engine hood props. And I'll probably carpet the trunk. And decals; I want to throw a bunch of retro decals on it.

I thought you had one that had the shifter mounted in with the stock console, and center seat cushion??

I do. It's in the members build thread forum. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=201776
+Quote Post
partwerks
post Feb 11 2024, 08:38 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 6,787

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 24 2021, 07:34 PM) *

So the newest engine runs great, pulls strong and is loud as Hell which brings me to this chapter. Time for an exhaust system. I really like the exhaust system I have on the '73 so I duplicated that original order a went about installing it yesterday. You remember me saying there was one thing I didn't like about Ian's cradle? Well this is it. I can't you the same install method as he has a brace that interferes with how I installed the exhaust on the '73using my cradle. Hopefully I'll be able to use the same combination of mufflers and keep the center out design but I had to order some additional fittings before I could go any further today. I'm using all 16ga SS so it will be good for many, many years. Her are some pif's of where I left off today.

What size is the exhaust pipe?
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 12 2024, 09:21 AM
Post #128

QUOTE(partwerks @ Feb 11 2024, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 24 2021, 07:34 PM) *

So the newest engine runs great, pulls strong and is loud as Hell which brings me to this chapter. Time for an exhaust system. I really like the exhaust system I have on the '73 so I duplicated that original order a went about installing it yesterday. You remember me saying there was one thing I didn't like about Ian's cradle? Well this is it. I can't you the same install method as he has a brace that interferes with how I installed the exhaust on the '73using my cradle. Hopefully I'll be able to use the same combination of mufflers and keep the center out design but I had to order some additional fittings before I could go any further today. I'm using all 16ga SS so it will be good for many, many years. Her are some pif's of where I left off today.

What size is the exhaust pipe?

2"
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:06 PM