Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1976 2.0 39k miles original
gturner008
post Nov 6 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,163
Region Association: Canada

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-91...-0-1976-693122/

Advert pretty much covers it.

Easy shipping to the USA.

Take a look.

Gary

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Nov 6 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #2

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looks like a great car also high price $59-60 K.
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Nov 6 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Looks like a great deal to me if it’s as advertised. They’re only original once.
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Nov 6 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #4

It’s both to be fair. A great example. And a high (but in my view) a fair price.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Nov 6 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Hard to believe the Fours are in six territory now..
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 6 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Obviously this is a remarkable car. A couple of extremely low mileage (<5Kmi) 914s sold at over 90K in the last couple of years in the pre-covid economy and even those were not 100% perfect examples.

This car is a 49-state version with the air pump/injection, but no EGR or CAT, not sure that it would be legit in California, but might be grandfathered without adding these emissions parts, not sure.

Please post photos of the front trunk floor with the tire removed...whats going on there?
+Quote Post
Jett
post Nov 6 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 6 2020, 06:29 PM) *

Obviously this is a remarkable car. A couple of extremely low mileage (<5Kmi) 914s sold at over 90K in the last couple of years in the pre-covid economy and even those were not 100% perfect examples.

This car is a 49-state version with the air pump/injection, but no EGR or CAT, not sure that it would be legit in California, but might be grandfathered without adding these emissions parts, not sure.

Please post photos of the front trunk floor with the tire removed...whats going on there?

looks like tire rub?
+Quote Post
jagalyn
post Nov 6 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #8

True Patina

Member No.: 5,503

Looks like rust proofing to me in the front trunk... probably in the rear trunk too.
+Quote Post
gturner008
post Nov 7 2020, 09:01 AM
Post #9

That’s correct. The first owner, who had the car from new until 2015, commissioned Zeibart complete a full anti rust treatment at the dealer. Black in the front trunk. Wax injection. Spray treatment to the gearbox and underside.

I’ve been in email contact with the first owner. Only used the car occasionally each year. Always garaged and rarely, if ever, drove it in the rain. Serviced each year (with receipts).

If you read my posts on this forum, I was hit hard when I said ‘zero rust’. Well, it’s true. There is zero rust on the car. The rust treatment and driving history explains how this is possible. Light surface rust on the battery tray. Light surface rust in the hell holes.

Brett Johnson featured this car in his new 914 book.

I believe the price is very fair for this extraordinary example. All documentation supports its history and the genuine nature of the car. Providence is everything when selling a car. This car has 100% traceability back to the selling dealer - through to today.

It has been accepted for next year’s Cobble Beach Concours. The organisers were blown away by this car. They did all the checks and diligence.

+Quote Post
drem914
post Nov 7 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,062
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 6 2020, 05:29 PM) *

75 and earlier have no emission requirements for registration. Mine is a 75 running dual carbs and no egr or cat.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 7 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #11

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

A 75 is categorically exempt only from the CA smog test requirement for the purpose of registration.

This 76 is a 49 state car and never had the CA-market-only smog equipment (the EGR and CAT) required for 1976 914s in CA. As a 76 it would need to be smogged to get registered in CA. The point of the post is that it is not certain if it could be registered in CA without that smog equipment (to pass smog based on factory 49-state car requirements), or if the equipment would need to be installed (to pass smog based on 76 914 CA requirements).
+Quote Post
Jett
post Nov 7 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(gturner008 @ Nov 7 2020, 08:01 AM) *

That’s correct. The first owner, who had the car from new until 2015, commissioned Zeibart complete a full anti rust treatment at the dealer. Black in the front trunk. Wax injection. Spray treatment to the gearbox and underside.

I’ve been in email contact with the first owner. Only used the car occasionally each year. Always garaged and rarely, if ever, drove it in the rain. Serviced each year (with receipts).

If you read my posts on this forum, I was hit hard when I said ‘zero rust’. Well, it’s true. There is zero rust on the car. The rust treatment and driving history explains how this is possible. Light surface rust on the battery tray. Light surface rust in the hell holes.

Brett Johnson featured this car in his new 914 book.

I believe the price is very fair for this extraordinary example. All documentation supports its history and the genuine nature of the car. Providence is everything when selling a car. This car has 100% traceability back to the selling dealer - through to today.

It has been accepted for next year’s Cobble Beach Concours. The organisers were blown away by this car. They did all the checks and diligence.

Love the car and thanks for the education!

In the Seattle area there is a white 73 2.0 with documented low 30k miles, two owner and no detectable rust. Passionate owners that stopped by the house when I was stripping our Delphi car for restoration a few years ago.

It would be great to see these cars together!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:53 PM