Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The official chappy 914-6-gt-turbo carrera thread, The car is real scary to drive, clutch is broke in, im not!
iamchappy
post Aug 12 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #521

It all happens so fast!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Dan Amber lets me rip, she has taken a few blast off's with me in the past weeks .
She lays down on the seat and trusts all will be well.....

I am running 14lbs with it holding on some days and slipping on others depending on
how hot the engine is, it seems to hold better when i've been driving around for an hour...

The Mark Donahue steering wheel was one of those purchases i dont regret. There used to be a Porsche fiberglass fabricator and speed shop up here back in the 70's called Karousel. They originally made the 914 RSR air dam front spoiler with the oil cooler with brake ducts, they worked and had ties to Ricthie Ginther racing. I was purchasing a new air dam in the store and the sales guy told me i should buy the steering wheel i think i paid 125 for it. He said after Mark had died they had to stop making the wheels or his endorsed stuff because of the problems with the family and the estate. The wheel is too small for practical purposes as it really interferes with my gauge's but i have had it in a 914 ever since i bought it that day....

TC i will try and film (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) a new video featuring Amber ripping with me...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Aug 18 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #522

It all happens so fast!

I just ordered a Kevlar clutch today from Renegade, yesterday the clutch slipped really bad, I guess this is worth a try. Breakin is suppose to be slow and easy so i will turn down the boost and drive it like a Gramma......
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Aug 18 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #523

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I have a kevlar disc with a stage II Kennedy PP. Sometimes it sound like I'm squeeling the tires but it's the clutch slipping only lasts a second then it hooks up.

BTW: It just stopped raining at 3:00 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) See ya Monday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Aug 18 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #524

It all happens so fast!

Watch i will finally get the clutch to hook up, and then blow the box or an axle.
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Aug 18 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #525

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 18 2010, 05:29 PM) *

Watch i will finally get the clutch to hook up, and then blow the box or an axle.

the weakest link is always something... ;-)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 14 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #526

It all happens so fast!

Well the snow is still piled high outside but it looks like we are in for a string of warmer weather this week - so - I decided now or never, i disconnected everything, and drained the oil. The engine is ready to come out for the Spring cleaning, the new clutch install, and i am going to try and externally seal up the through case bolt oil leaks.

Hopefully in about a month or so the snow will be gone and i will be able to test it out.

There are a few items i would like to get for the engine like billet injector blocks, and a Brian Lesik adjustable WUR, a new set of headers from Marty MSDS but those are things i haven't saved for, so maybe not..........

More updates on the way as i dig into it....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 15 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #527

It all happens so fast!

Well i had a little time this afternoon and got busy, now that it's out i can dig into it and clean everything up again. I think it's time for one of these..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 18 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #528

It all happens so fast!

Got it on the stand and stripped it down this far. I was shocked to find mouse droppings and some packing peanuts under the shroud, how the hell could one of found a way into there. Looked around other spots on the car where they like to hide but found nothing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Mar 18 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #529

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

This will be ready for lunch on the 10th no? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Mar 18 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #530

It all happens so fast!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) working on it........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Mar 18 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #531

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018
Region Association: None

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 18 2011, 03:48 PM) *

I was shocked to find mouse droppings and some packing peanuts under the shroud, how the hell could one of found a way into there.

Probably slipped through the fan, sauntered by the alternator and said, "Honey, I'm home!"

Also, I think I detected a note of panic coming from Eric. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Good luck on this, Chappy.
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post May 21 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #532

It all happens so fast!

I have just about everything all cleaned up, adjusted and sealed. New Kevlar clutch, and with a little work cleaning up some wiring, the engine is ready to go back in the car. I hope to have it on the road this week......
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 22 2011, 06:48 AM
Post #533

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I'm excited for ya! Just don't go and hurt the girl now. She'll get even with your wallet!
+Quote Post
914coop
post May 22 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #534

Member No.: 9,514

Hope that Kevlar clutch solves the slipping issue you had. Nice to here it is almost ready for the road.
+Quote Post
carr914
post May 23 2011, 07:13 AM
Post #535

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Chap, You safe & sound after the Twisters this Weekend?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 23 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #536

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 12 2010, 07:50 PM) *

The Mark Donahue steering wheel was one of those purchases i dont regret. There used to be a Porsche fiberglass fabricator and speed shop up here back in the 70's called Karousel. They originally made the 914 RSR air dam front spoiler with the oil cooler with brake ducts, they worked and had ties to Ricthie Ginther racing. I was purchasing a new air dam in the store and the sales guy told me i should buy the steering wheel i think i paid 125 for it. He said after Mark had died they had to stop making the wheels or his endorsed stuff because of the problems with the family and the estate. The wheel is too small for practical purposes as it really interferes with my gauge's but i have had it in a 914 ever since i bought it that day....

Karousel was just a few blocks from our 'city house' in Crystal. I grew up in Lake Elmo (hobby farm) and Crystal. I would go in there and get another copy of their catalog every few months. I loved that place!
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post May 23 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #537

It all happens so fast!

Twister missed us by a few miles, we had a huge golf ball sized hail storm last week that missed us by a few miles also, We have been lucky so far, with all the snow and rain we've had, the wetlands behind the house is as full as i have ever seen it .

I think i am going to put the engine back in the car today......time to get busy...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post May 24 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #538

It all happens so fast!

Engine is back in the car and everything on top plugged in and connected, wont be long now, may be a few hours at most and i can drive it again.........
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 24 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #539

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I'll be back down working again next week. Gitterdunn!
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post May 24 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #540

It all happens so fast!

I have had a few other side jobs that is slowing me down. Last week i replaced 4 struts on a buddies Audi Quatro Avant Wagon, and tomorrow i am doing a coil over from hydraulic conversion on a Mercedes. I've done the Mercedes job before a few years ago so i am kinda familiar with the job. After that i need to figure out a no start issue with my son Charlies Nissan Sentra. and somehow get my car together in between all of that and still work at my real job.......

Rick, i hope i can get it done for you to come and help me break in that clutch. I am having surgery on my left leg on June 1st, i may need you to drive.
+Quote Post

31 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 09:01 AM