Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting a new thread for my 10,000 post! New photos!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rick 918-S
dry.gif That big lump is my BMW Touring. The canvas tarp shed is about to be crushed on all sides from the weight of ice and snow. Guess where Sandy's car is... unsure.gif

Click to view attachment
914_teener
I thought you are going to move to warmer clime Rick?

Come out here to Kalifornia!
rsrguy3
I think you should seriously consider Northern Ut. snow is much lighter, lol and plenty of big tech firms that need serious IT talent! Plus, we got the Shae!-G
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2014, 11:10 AM) *

dry.gif That big lump is my BMW Touring. The canvas tarp shed is about to be crushed on all sides from the weight of ice and snow. Guess where Sandy's car is... unsure.gif

Does this mean you aren't coming to the 66?

Also, I forgot that Duluth was above the arctic circle. Still have the porch lights on at 3 in the afternoon. Rough. Here it may thaw by sending us freezing rain. Can't complain it might be above freezing.
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2014, 11:10 AM) *

Guess where Sandy's car is... unsure.gif

Yeah, it is up by the house in the tarp-shed. Looks like you need to move what I think are garbage cans and then it is essentially smooth sailing. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
vegas beckons. what a mess. icy packed stuff should be melted off by JUNE? another one is headed your way next week yes?
rick 918-S
7 of 9 finally made it out of her winter hive. Aric took her out so she could stretch her legs.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Oh ya, check out the sneak peek of the 911 shades.gif

Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
My Son Aric took his new son for his first 914 ride!
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 16 2014, 09:33 AM) *

thumb3d.gif
jmill
Love it! The black hood completes the look.
rick 918-S
Thanks man! it's come a long way from a parts car that was going to be cut up.

Click to view attachment
bulitt
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 16 2014, 01:33 PM) *

Was this the Son going to Flute-U to make instruments? How did he do? Didn't even know there was such a school! confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jun 21 2014, 05:42 AM) *

Was this the Son going to Flute-U to make instruments? How did he do? Didn't even know there was such a school! confused24.gif

Nope, My oldest is a nurse with a wife and our first grand son Soren. My youngest is a college grad with a BA in Music. He also attended a luthier school. There were only 3 student per semester allowed.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Sandy and I are working in Nebraska. Wish we had her car here with us.

Click to view attachment
balljoint

This makes me smile. I did this same thing with both of my kids in various iterations of child car seats. They are now 8 and 5 and love the 914 more than ever. smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 22 2014, 07:59 AM) *

This makes me smile. I did this same thing with both of my kids in various iterations of child car seats. They are now 8 and 5 and love the 914 more than ever. smile.gif

He's trying to figure out how he can fit a car seat in the middle and still shift... smile.gif You know incase we want to take the Alien and 7 of 9 to an event. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
rick 918-S
Taken 2010 on the way home from Half Moon Bay.

Click to view attachment

Taken 5-4-15 Sandy and I had to park around the back side of the monument. It had rained really hard and there was standing water on the street that was up to the rockers.

Click to view attachment

We put on over 5000 miles since March. With a little routine maintenance I would have no issue with firing up the car and doing it again. She ran sweet all the way with the only real issue being the starting thing and the speedometer quit. Pretty simple fixes. Stuff you find on a good shake down run.

Just need to change the oil and filter, check the valves and adjust the clutch cable and she's ready for another road trip! What a great car!
altitude411
Fantastic thread Rick. Thank you for supplying some great reading material on this snowy birthday in Montana. mad.gif (me) I can't wait to see the six thread. Any sneak previews of the car? I hope mine is done for next years WCR. I look forward to meeting you in person. Great job. Now get to work on the six. It's still snowing. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 7 2015, 08:38 AM) *

Fantastic thread Rick. Thank you for supplying some great reading material on this snowy birthday in Montana. mad.gif (me) I can't wait to see the six thread. Any sneak previews of the car? I hope mine is done for next years WCR. I look forward to meeting you in person. Great job. Now get to work on the six. It's still snowing. beerchug.gif

Sorry to read about the snow. Glad you enjoyed it.

On a sadder note (for me really) the car is going to a new home. It really disturbs me. I don't sell stuff.

But on a lighter note the new owner is excited to get the car. He takes delivery in three weeks. I'm sure the new owner will post photos of the transfer.
mgp4591
Make sure to stay in touch with them and if they're not already, introduce them to the motley crew! My son (who was with me at WCR but doesn't have the same interest as I do) said that the "green machine" was his favorite! I pointed out details in all the other cars but he stuck to his guns, and when I told him you're selling it he was saying "NOOOO! I really like that one!" So, your pain is felt... sad.gif
McMark
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 10 2015, 07:43 PM) *

On a sadder note (for me really) the car is going to a new home. It really disturbs me. I don't sell stuff.

But on a lighter note the new owner is excited to get the car. He takes delivery in three weeks. I'm sure the new owner will post photos of the transfer.

I know exactly how you feel. I just sold my BMW 2002. Couldn't really wrap my head around what I was doing, but it needed to be done.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ May 11 2015, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 10 2015, 07:43 PM) *

I know exactly how you feel. I just sold my BMW 2002. Couldn't really wrap my head around what I was doing, but it needed to be done.

You and me walk the same path... screwy.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I still think about my time with the square and round tail cars... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.