Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 914 5-Lug 911 Suspension Question and Answer Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
NARP74
I have 951 7s on a narrow body front and rear now and they work great. The car came with the rear wheel well lips massaged a bit, just mashed down in a neater way than I could do it. Clearance front and rear is just fine.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 16 2023, 02:23 PM) *

I have 951 7s on a narrow body front and rear now and they work great. The car came with the rear wheel well lips massaged a bit, just mashed down in a neater way than I could do it. Clearance front and rear is just fine.

Guess I don't need to take pictures now.

Clay
914werke
Hmm Id argue that is you have to "massage" & mash the stiffening lip flat on the rear to fit them, they dont fit "Just fine" poke.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 16 2023, 03:25 PM) *

Hmm Id argue that is you have to "massage" & mash the stiffening lip flat on the rear to fit them, they dont fit "Just fine" poke.gif

Well it came like that. YMMV The massaging might have been due to them trying 8s on the rear first. They were close but rubbed at a desired ride height. No changes to the front that I can tell. I do have a factory installed side to side rear variance that others seem to come with.
burton73
The question is will the 7s 951 16in fit great on the back without doing anything to the rears and not have it scrape If the offset is different. Like I said the 7 951s look to be the same as a 911 7in 16in. The fronts are not a question. They only scrape in a tight turn going up a driveway.

Best Bob B

rick 918-S
Anyone know if 944 front hubs are the same as 911? I was on ebay surfing and saw 944 hubs listed. Visually they appears to be the same. confused24.gif Some of you guys are good with interchange part number stuff.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif one more time to the top for those that have parts cross reference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.