Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Body Kits-Let's see em
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Chris Julian
Hey Guys,

Well, I had a great response to my very first post and a lot of people seemed to get excited about the look of my American International Racing body kit. I haven't seen a lot of 914's with body kits on this forum and would like to see and hear about this minority of 914 owners.

Chris Julian
SirAndy
916 body kit front:
SirAndy
916 body kit rear:
campbellcj
I really like the Sheridan "narrow" (haha) version. If I ever own another 914, it will probably be one of those. My current car ain't getting flared.
SpecialK
Sir Andy, we're almost twins! I've got the "blended" GT bumpers too clap56.gif

But I want the color of the car to the left (Arena Red Metallic) wub.gif
drew365
Don't know if this falls under good, bad, or ugly, but it's my Chalon bodied -6. I'm trying to come up with a good paint scheme for a track car so I can freshen it up in the near future. Anyone have any ideas?
neo914-6
I thought the Chalon kit was a great update of the 70's design to the 80's turbo styling. I removed the "b" pillar "gills" and fabricated aluminum rockers. Just wish it wouldn't crack...
Andyrew
Dang, looks like you shot that pic Andy!!! laugh.gif

One thing about that digital.. it Has to have a tripod to do still shots..

I like smoothed flares. Ie you cant barely notice their their, till your behind the car going, Whooah, thats wide.

No pics..

Andrew
Scott Carlberg
the Roger Sheridan *Ultimate 914* body kit
thesey914
You did say UGLY right.......( sorry for making those that have already seen it feel nauseous again icon8.gif )barf.gif
thesey914
I don't know what kit this is -has a 944 Turbo front - was on ebay not so long back.
thesey914
the rear looks slightly better...
ChrisFoley
This isn't a fiberglass body kit, but a custom one off I did for a customer.
Brett W
Chris that is a sweet peice of fabrication. What did you do for the composite front bumper?
SpecialK
I MUST have the black cars' interior (dash)! pray.gif
SpecialK
That yellow one reminds me of when I was way young...I use to take pieces from various plastic models and assemble them to make some crazy (read: UGLY) shit, someone stole one of my designs laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Special_K @ Apr 12 2004, 09:59 AM)

looks like a getty 911 dash... someone did that upgrade not long ago and was generous to post a nice write up about it... now, if I can find that... idea.gif
machina
couple interesting ones I have found.

dr
machina
w i d e
Rockaria
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 12 2004, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE(Special_K @ Apr 12 2004, 09:59 AM)

looks like a getty 911 dash... someone did that upgrade not long ago and was generous to post a nice write up about it... now, if I can find that... idea.gif

Getty Dash... It's a great option, I am still lovin' it...

914world.com Post on my getty dash install...

My Writeup about the install...
SpecialK
Lucky bastard with the black 914 has an A/C Cobra...AND a Harley sitting in his garage. ohmy.gif
andys
So anyone know what kit the black car is? This front end treatment works on the 914 (IMO).

Andy
Chris914n6
Black car- front end is 944 turbo. A long time ago a 944T fiberglass bumper was produced for the 914.
-rear end is a Fiberjet Bravossa.

Chris
914resources.com
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brett W @ Apr 12 2004, 11:38 AM)
Chris that is a sweet peice of fabrication. What did you do for the composite front bumper?

The front bumper is formed from a piece of aluminum sheet, with a riveted splitter. The paint has rocker panel spray (chip guard) under it for a textured look.
andys
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 12 2004, 01:54 PM)
Black car- front end is 944 turbo. A long time ago a 944T fiberglass bumper was produced for the 914.
-rear end is a Fiberjet Bravossa.

Chris
914resources.com

Chris,

From what I know, the 944T fiberglass bumper was a stand alone piece that was done by a guy in the Vegas area (there was a picture posted by someone on the forum that had one). According to Scott @ RH, the molds for that one have been destroyed. With the black car, the bumper fairs into the 944 looking fender flares. The bumper to me looks quite different than the one from the Vegas guy. If they used two separate pieces (bumper and flares), they did a really nice job of blending the two together. Though this surely looks like someone's kit.

Andy
airsix
QUOTE(andys @ Apr 12 2004, 03:52 PM)
The bumper to me looks quite different than the one from the Vegas guy. If they used two separate pieces (bumper and flares), they did a really nice job of blending the two together. Though this surely looks like someone's kit.

Andy

The Vegas guy ran some adds in European Car magazine in '95 or '96. There was a front shot of a car with his 944T-style bumper, and it did have 944T-style front fenders as well. As I remember, it looked just like the black car (the front anyway - back wasn't visible). I saved the add and called/wrote a few years later when I was out of school, but it was too late.
-Ben
dinomium
Now, this is the way I BOUGHT this one... Bad rocker paint and a side scoop to nowhere
Bad and UGLY! But I love all my children just the same!
dinomium
and the rockers:
dinomium
icon8.gif icon8.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SpecialK
Hey, what cha got under the tarp there?
dinomium
oh, that. That is a 1970 914. The PO started a v-8 conversion, but blew up the motor before the swap. It has radiator and that is about it. The nice 5 lugz are for one of my other childer... wink.gif
That tub may come availible later this summer...
dinomium
How about that mono crapomatic Miami Vice paint job... pretty sweet!
ohmy.gif
jonwatts
This was on ebay maybe a year ago. The ad said it was a 914, to this day I don't see it.
Brett W
That car was located in Huntsville, AL. I never got in touch with the guy that built it but I thought about trying to find the car and beat the shit out of the owner. Maybe make himride the bus for the rest of his life. ar15.gif
SpecialK
Wow! That's hard to look at, kind of like the yellow POS earlier in the post....You find him, and I'll hold him down chair.gif
Rgreen914
QUOTE(Brett W @ Apr 12 2004, 10:12 PM)
That car was located in Huntsville, AL. I never got in touch with the guy that built it but I thought about trying to find the car and beat the shit out of the owner.

Looks like some sort of in-breeding experiment gone to the extreme...both the car and it's creator were the end products!
Brad Roberts
Dinomium,

Have you checked your VIN to see if your car is a LE car ?? Not too many WHITE 914's with funky painted rockers and NO side sail panel vinyl running around.

B
JeffBowlsby
I was thinking the same thing...

SOL.
maf914
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 12 2004, 10:05 PM)
This was on ebay maybe a year ago. The ad said it was a 914, to this day I don't see it.

Of course it is. Check those seats and that dash! laugh.gif

Mike
Scott S
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Apr 11 2004, 09:00 PM)
I thought the Chalon kit was a great update of the 70's design to the 80's turbo styling. I removed the "b" pillar "gills" and fabricated aluminum rockers. Just wish it wouldn't crack...

Very nice - the one part of the chalon that has always driven me nuts was the fat b-pillar. great job!
thesey914
Again not quite a body kit...but in the vein of air intakes...
Boxster exhaust too..
IPB Image

Or possibly an oil cooler?
IPB Image
dinomium
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 12 2004, 10:42 PM)
Dinomium,

Have you checked your VIN to see if your car is a LE car ?? Not too many WHITE 914's with funky painted rockers and NO side sail panel vinyl running around.

B

Hmmm Big B. It does have front and rear sways and a FI 2liter... I need to do some research!
ohmy.gif
Anybody got a list of LE modles by VIN#?
Steve Thacker
mine is in my signature
IronHillRestorations
Does this one count? I just had to sieze the chance to blatantly exploit my work!

PK cool.gif

btw the flairs ARE buttwelded
SpecialK
I don't know if it counts as a "body kit", but that's one great looking car....got a 6 in it? pray.gif
seanery
Is that the 3.0 six with white interior that was Al's dad's?
ein 6er
PK, that is a sweet "trailer queen" you have!! laugh.gif

beautiful color and those wheels look sooooo good with that color. what is the wheel size? any offset problems?

don't know what kit this is, imsa maybe. it has a v8 in it. it belongs to a guy named sid from, i believe, jacksonville, fl.
ein 6er
this was at daytona during the hsr historics. sid picked up a set of used slicks for autoxing.
retrotech
This is one that I owned a few years ago. Powered by 2.7, set up for track or street. The ront end was a very heavy lay up. Looked like it was going to be a plug, to pull mold from.
retrotech
another angle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.